Since I’ve been staying at home with Chloe for these few weeks, it really reminded me of when I would do these DIY beauty remedies with my sister or besties from back home! I always feel a lot more relaxed and my skin also feels healthier after these beauty treatments. Do you guys take the time to pamper yourselves once in a while? In addition to using products, it’s important to keep your skin soft and happy organically too.
One of my favorite fruits is pineapple, but I bet you guys didn’t know that pineapples can actually be incredibly healthy for your skin because it has a lot of vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and C), and it can help with a clearer complexion! (Not to mention you’ll smell amazing!) See below for my top 7 ways to use pineapples:
1. Exfoliating Pineapple Face Mask
| 1 tablespoon of pineapple – blended | 1 tablespoon of raw honey |
3. Pineapple Peel Body Scrub
| ¼” of Fresh Pineapple, cut into 3 to 4 inch Wide Strips | Rock Sugar |
1. Sprinkle the inside of the pineapple with sugar.
2. To use, gently scrub your skin with the inside of the pineapple peel just like you’d use a washcloth. It will feed your skin with vitamins and gently exfoliate.
3. Rinse well after treatment & your body will smell pineapple fresh!
3. Wipe off with warm wash cloth for soft, bright skin.
5. Pineapple Face Wash
1. Blend the pineapple into a fine pulp with the coconut oil.
2. Apply to the face and leave it on for 3 minutes.
3. Rinse well with warm water.
Since I’ve been using coconut oil to moisturize my belly, it only feels natural for me to make a coconut oil face wash. But please be careful because some people can be allergic to coconut oil! I highly recommend trying it on your hand first before applying it to your face. Alternatively you guys can also substitute coconut oil for olive oil!
Use once or twice weekly.
| 1/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple | 1 tablespoon coconut milk |
1. Place ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Spread the mixture in a thin layer over clean skin.
3. Leave on for 5 or 10 minutes and then rinse well with warm water.
4. Pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
Pineapple is amazing for clearing up your skin! I like to use this mask semi-regularly to give my blemishes a little more work.
7. Cough Syrup
2 thick slices of fresh pineapple, peel removed, but core intact (about two good cups) | 1 Tbsp honey | 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (omit or reduce for children) | A thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced or rough chopped |
1. Give the pineapple a rough chop, including the core, which is not only edible but particularly healthy.
2. Blend everything up in a blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Use as is, or push the mixture through a mesh strainer to get a smoother syrup.
4. Keep in the refrigerator and take as needed
This one isn’t a beauty treatment buuut it’s a really good cough syrup! Be careful though because it can get really spicy.
Which one of these are you guys going to try? Share with me on instagram using the hashtag #Chriselle7Ways .