chriselle_lim_vitamins_nutrition_healthy_beautiful_you-2-700x466
Health

Healthy, Beautiful, You

chriselle_healthy_beautiful_you

Hi loves,

As you guys know from following me on Instagram, I’m a huge health nut. I love exercising, fruit, and all things salad. And especially after the pregnancy, I’m really mindful of my body and what I’m putting into it. I’m sharing today with you guys some health tips I have that I follow during the week to make sure my body gets the care that it deserves.

chriselle_lim_vitamins_nutrition_healthy_beautiful_you-1

Leafy Greens & Cottage Cheese

I try to eat a salad for a meal at least three times a week to get my Vitamin K in. I also like to add a cup serving of cottage cheese because it’s so high in protein and calcium!

chriselle_lim_vitamins_nutrition_healthy_beautiful_you-2

Berries & Greek Yogurt

Lately I’ve been eating a lot of greek yogurt because the baby needs calcium for his/her bones! (Or else they’ll start taking mine ..) I also love adding fruit into my yogurt, but especially berries because they’re high in antioxidants!

chriselle_lim_vitamins_nutrition_healthy_beautiful_you-4

Vitamin C

During flu season I like taking vitamin c packets into my water or juice to keep my immune system up. Especially since I’m such a workaholic I have to make sure I take care of my body! There are so many benefits to Vitamin C I definitely recommend everyone drinks OJ in the morning to get the day started right.

chriselle_lim_vitamins_nutrition_healthy_beautiful_you-3

Vitamin E & Fish Oil

I’ve always taken Vitamin E for my skin, and fish oil for the Omega-3, which is really great for my pregnancy!

chriselle_health_vitamins_beautiful_you1

Chia Seeds

Chia seeds in water is my guilty drink. Ever since my sister Jane introduced this to me I’ve been hooked even though it looks a little crazy. Chia seeds have so much nutrients (Omega-3) and health benefits but it’s often overlooked. You can also get Omega-3 in fish, but I like taking these seeds to make sure I get the right amount into my body. Chia seeds are an easy and effortless way to maintain your cholesterol because the Omega-3 can help lower the bad cholesterol (LDL)!

chriselle_lim_vitamins_nutrition_healthy_beautiful_you-5

Multi-vitamins & Vitamin D

Before I got pregnant I used to take a multivitamin every so often, but now I take my prenatal vitamins every day. And if you guys don’t like to take pills, gummy vitamins are an easy way to get your vitamin intake!

I hope this post was helpful in raising awareness for your body. And keep in mind that as long as you eat healthy, you’d have most of the vitamins you’d need. Consult your doctor to see what you lack and what you should take to be the healthiest you can be. Beauty doesn’t just start with fashion, it starts with being healthy!

thechrisellefactor_FINALxoblack

• Erika says:

Are you still drinking apple cider vinegar? I started on it after reading your post about it but didn’t really notice a difference, so I stopped…but was considering trying it again.

• parajumpers Donna nei panni Una delle prlme lstanze che abblamo presentato nell?ufflclo dl Presldenza a nome del MoVlmento 5 Stelle,parajumpers Donna, è stata la totale cancellazlone delle auto blu per tuttl l parlamentarl meno che per la presldente Boldrlnl.
    Ma quantl polltlcl hanno dlrltto alla scorta?
    Dagll ex stlle La Russa alle new entry stlle Matteo da Flrenze, tantl noml e tante sorprese!
    Ecco cosa emerge dall?lnchlesta del Fatto Quotldlano: ?Nell?aprlle 2006 lnfattl,Gilet parajumper

• Huong says:

Great topic! Eating healthy is great, but in order to maximize what your body needs, vitamins need to be taken to make up for what food cannot give (as the quality of soil has depleted over the years, so has the quality of our foods) and not just vitamins you can find at the store. QUALITY vitamins are so important to take no matter what age we are. Our cells are oxidizing (caused by stress, fast food, pollution, etc) everyday so it’s important to know that we’re getting the best of the best, not based on what the bottle says. I’d look at Consumer Labs and look at comparisons and testings as they are a third party as well as this guide: http://www.nutrisearch.ca/

I love how you’re talking about this topic, Chriselle. It needs to be spoken about more often for sure. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I hope to see more from you on this subject!

• Hi therе, I enjoy reading all of your ρost. I llike to write a little comment to supρort
    you.

Heere is mу web blog; number videos

• Amanda says:

Lovely post! Obsessed with nutrition :)

• Kiara King says:

I had a blood test not so long ago to make sure that my body was getting everything it needed and fortunately my levels were perfect. I’ve grown up eating healthy, so I’ve taken those habits into adulthood and they’re definitely working out for me. I think the biggest thing for me is that I very very very rarely drink alcohol, which has to be one of the most important lifestyle choices for me.

I’ve recently started to get back into eating super healthy as well, though I do have chocolate quite a bit (everything in moderation, right?). I’ve been having lots of greens, vegetables and fruit, and I feel fantastic!

Another wonderful post!

• Megan says:

If you like chia seeds you should try them in oatmeal (soak some in a shot glass for a few minutes first), I also use mine to top my greek yogurt and mix them in with my daily kefir <3.

• Alina says:

You should read about vitamins. You can overdose on vitamins and most people who overdose on vitamins are children. Keep being healthy but be informed.

• ALINA says:

Love the tips Chriselle! Your photos make the pills look like candy. Love it!

xo, Alina
    STYLE BY ALINA

• Soumya says:

*Runs and takes her multivitamins* 😛
    Great post Chriselle! My husband and I love chia seeds!

• Lindsay says:

Great post. Gotta try Chia seeds.

pinkandnavystripes.com

• Claire says:

Berries with yogurt is always my fave afternoon snack! Haven’t tried Chia seed water yet, but going to get one this weekend! Sounds super healthy for me <3

New Post: Sporty Black
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

• Juliana says:

I still taje my prenatal vitamins and it’s been well past six months after my daughter. Their great for hair strength.

XOXO JuJu

• Danielle says:

Make sure you crush your chia seeds before eating! The nutrients inside the seeds aren’t digested unless the seeds are broken up beforehand with your teeth or through being crushed.

• TERESA says:

It’s always great to get so vitamins and veggies into your diet, I really need to make it a permanent habit!

NYFW 2014 http://www.sapphirebrushstrokes.com/2014/09/new-york-fashion-week-ss15-collections.html

• karen says:

you are soo stunning. congrats on the soon to be new addition to the family

• Natali says:

All of these are great and healthy tips but I try to avoid taking too many vitamin pills and supplements and try to get the maximum out of my food/ meals.
    There are some vitamins that we can’t even get enough of from food, but pretty big percentage we can and that’s what I always go from first. Get the C,B,K,etc. vitamins from food and then add for instance D vitamin (from pills) which I usually lack living in Nordic country.

• Ilia Mura says:

I’ll have to start on the chia seeds! It doesn’t look very appetising if I’m completely honest but neither does a green smoothie and they’re my fave!
    Great post as always :)

• Laiyin says:

What a great post! Thanks for sharing your tips for staying healthy.

Love from Munich, L

THESTYLECIRCUS.net

• Barbara1923 says:

I love fruits and veggies but have never been one to continuously take pills hence I am always way behind on multivitamins and the rest. I am a workaholic too and really need to start taking supplements though *covers face*.
    Thanks for sharing Chriselle, I especially like the yoghurt and berries. I can have that everyday, lol.

Lagos, Nigeria

• Dunya says:

I love chia seeds! Amazing blog post.

• Kesly says:

Great ideas! I’d love to try any of these for my breakfast! I’ve been really into eating healthy foods and super foods, and this post inspires me even more!