TRAVEL 5 years ago
An Overpacker’s Method for a Stress-Free Holiday
If you’re the 1% of the human population that is actually hyper-organized, always on time, never stressed and actually enjoys packing… well, this story is not for you.
For the rest of us 99%, we can all agree that we’re guilty of over overpacking and overstressing (even if it’s just for the weekend) over and over… and over again more often than we like. So, this holiday, the team and I decided to do a travel story on how the usual overpacker can stay actually sane and stress-free this holiday season whether it be for a weekend fête or a long holiday getaway.
Shop the Post
🛍 WHEN PACKING 🛍
- Roll your socks into your shoes. It’s a great way to fill up the space that your shoes are already taking.
- Roll your clothes as tightly as possible. This keeps them as wrinkle free as possible and saves space in your suitcase.
- Bring a candle. When traveling and reaching your final destination, having a familiar scent you love is clutch. It instantly puts your mind and body at ease and releases tension.
- Make. Your. Suitcase. Work. for. You. This one has an ejectable battery charger that’s compliant with all airline policies and is TSA-approved. GENIUS. There’s nothing worse than reaching your destination only to find out that your phone’s dead.
- Actually condense your beauty routine down to one bag/sturdy case and invest in travel sized items. That way, you can bring them on the plane with you. If you can’t pack just one bag and need tips on a whole travel skincare situation, click here.
- Pack a loose duster bag or shoe bag with your underwear in it. Pack 2 bags in total so you know which pieces are clean and which ones are dirty. This will also help you stay organized throughout your trip.
Shop the Post
✈️ ON THE PLANE ✈️
- Wear your heaviest jacket on the plane. This saves you a lot of space and also serves as your chic in-flight blanket.
- Invest in Airpods. They’re hands and wire free and 100% worth the $$$. Just make sure you download your music before you take off.
- Bring an empty water bottle. Better yet, a self-cleaning water bottle and use the fountain water to fill it up. I don’t know about you, but not spending $7 for a bottle of water sounds good to me. It’s also good way to stay hydrated while you travel as airplanes tend to dry out your skin and usually leave you feeling dehydrated due to the low humidity in the plane.
- Invest in a mophie. It’s under $50 and one of the best things you can buy. Keep it in your beauty bag, purse, laptop bag, wherever! It’s so thin and sleek and can charge about 2 iPhones fully. We’ve all been there where our phone has only 7% battery left and we don’t need to be living life on the edge like that.
- Bring a magazine or book you’ve been wanting to read. Unplug from the digital world for a few. It will be good for you.
- Pack a lavender satchel your suitcase or in your pocket to calm your nerves if you’re a nervous flyer. Lavender is known to have a calming effect on your central nervous system.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your lips. They can get so dry on the plane and right now we’re really loving this hyaluronic marine collagen lip cushion. It smoothes fine lines, plumps your lips, and can also be used as a base under your lipstick.
- Jane swears by her CBD tincture to stabilize her mood and calm down any nerves you may have while flying. Note that you do not get any type of body high with CBD and make sure you check all TSA guidelines before bringing this guy on the plane with you.
- Pack that sleeping mask. There is nothing worse than sitting next to that ONE person who always turns on the lights when flying. Take no chances and make sure you get the beauty rest you deserve while in-flight.
Photography by Karla Ticas
Shop The Post
Shop The Post
What do YOU think?
28 responses to “An Overpacker’s Method for a Stress-Free Holiday”
Post Travel Head-to-Toe Skincare Routine
I don’t know about you, but my skin always needs a lot of help after I get back from a trip. I usually end up...
TRAVEL 3 years ago
Packing in a Carry On - 10 Days in Italy
Hello, everyone! It’s Hannah back on the blog! A few years ago, I wrote about how I packed for a 7 day trip to Spain...
TRAVEL 4 years ago
A Week of Wellness
We flew the whole CINCteam out to Austin for a week of wellness, meditations, group activities, and spa treatments.
Such fab tips! I am such an overpacker myself and I think these will really help me for my next holiday
Yay! Glad you enjoyed the post, Ellie! xo
These are great tips. My favorite is the one to wear your heaviest jacket and shoes on the plane. I only started doing that a few years ago and it really made a difference in the weight of my suitcase.
Kathrin | Polar Bear Style
Thanks so much Kathrin! Isn’t it a great tip? xo
As I sit here on the computer looking up packing tips while I actually should be packing (lol) this is a refreshing take on the idea. I keep hearing about these water bottles that self clean, maybe I’ll invest in one if I can find it in time enough for my flight. Thanks for sharing!
LOL! Story of my life! Hope you were able to pack in time! 😉 xo
Thank you for these tips! Really needed!
Mireia from TGL
Glad you loved it, Mireia! xo
Thank you so much for sharing all of these great packing tips! I’m definitely someone who tends to overpack, and this was super helpful! <3 🙂 Can't agree more about the sleeping mask - it's definitely one of the essentials when flying!
XO, Elizabeth T.
Thanks so much Elizabeth! xo
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the lavender trick! I will definitely include this in my Thanksgiving travels Thank you Chriselle!
Hi Laurie! Isn’t it a great tip? Total game changer for me! I even got the entire CINCteam on board! xo
Is that an Away toiletry case/bag?
Hi Shannon! Yes, it is! xo
Great post! these are great packing trips, especially if you do carryon only. I hope you’ll do one over flight anxiety!
Thanks so much love! And oh that’s a great idea! xo
Rolling socks into the shoes is kind of a genius idea!
It’s the best! xo
Such straight-forward tips I love it. Never thought about packing lavender for the flight. This nervous flyer will definitely try that tip!
So glad you enjoyed the tips! xo
Thanks love! xo
This is amazing!
Thank you so much, love! xo
Love this! x
Thanks love! xo
What a great post, very useful. I’m going to travel for thanksgiving and for sure I’ll try this method. Thank you for sharing dear. It’s always a pleasure read you.
New blog post: A new beginning with a touch of French summer.
Don’t miss it
Kisses from Miami
So glad you enjoyed the tips, love! xo