Beauty, Skin Tips

Multi-Masking

I can preach about masking all day every day, in my sleep, on a plane… you guys know how much I love them! There are so many benefits for different masks: detoxing, extracting, moisture, you name it- there’s a mask for it! (If you missed it, check out my Sheet Mask 101 post here!) But sometimes you need to target different needs for different areas on your skin and you don’t have that much time to use different types of masks all day. So recently, I’ve been all about Multi-Masking!

Basically, I map out my skin based on its needs in particular areas and use different masks for each area! It’s amazing if you’ve got combination skin. Keep scrolling to see how I do it:

1.  Chantecaille : Eye Mask

I always start with my Chantecaille eye mask! You probably recognize this little gold package from some of my previous posts, but when I say I love these- I really do! I really struggle with my under eyes, and this little mask really helps to de-puff and brighten up my dark circles. It’s great before shoots and even better after long international flights!

2. PCA Skin: Detoxifying Mask

Living and working in such a big city means I’m exposed to a lot of airborne toxins, and they can make my skin go crazy! So every once and a while, I’ll break out this detoxifying mask. I apply this guy where my pores usually get clogged, so basically around my t-zone: my forehead, in between my eyebrows, my cheeks, and chin. It’s a great mask to absorb excess dirt and grime and leaves my skin looking so much brighter, healthier and happier!

3. Sunday Riley : Sulfer Acne Treatment Mask

Fair warning, this mask is made with sulfur, which doesn’t exactly smell fantastic. But once you get past the scent, you’ll keep coming back. I fill in the rest of my face with this acne mask as it helps fight acne and prevent future blemishes. In the spirit of multi-masking, it’s also a fantastic spot treatment mask! I put this mask at the base of my chin and the sides of my nose- where I usually get those pesky pimples.

Have you guys tried muti-masking yet? Will you? Let me know in the comments below and have a great day!

sigxo_chriselle

• I’ve just gotten into Chantecaille! <3 Love how versatile it is for sensitive skin!

XOXO //
    SINCERELY OPHELIA | NYC Petite Fashion Blogger

• Funny enough I never thought about multi-masking! I usually try to have one mask a week. I’m a huge fan but I hardy get enough time to sit still for like 20 minutes!
    Thanks for sharing, great post!

• Simply Sory says:

Hoy en día hay mascarillas para todo, así que es muy fácil cuidarse la piel de la cara.

Te dejo mi nuevo post, mola un montón

• Val says:

I have been dealing with hormonal acne around my jawline, is there any remedy to help clear these stubborn hormonal acnes! Which takes really Long to recover!!

• Elizabeth says:

Loving the way you target trouble areas with different products! <3 🙂 Thank you for all of the great recommendations! Really want to try that eye mask!

XO, Elizabeth

• Jennifer says:

This post was very helpful! I’m definitely going to try multi-masking. 🙂

• Shloka says:

I’ve never actually multitasked before but I can totally see how it makes sense – different parts of my face need different things. You are so clever Chriselle!
    x
    Shloka

• Alina says:

I’ve never tried multi masking before – but it actually does make a lot of sense, as different areas need different treatment!

• Jamila Cheé says:

O M G! Like seriously, how did you even come up with that? I am definitely going to try that method. Kill three birds with one stone. That’s genius Chriselle!

• Stella says:

Chriselle you are my skin care guru and I love your beauty posts! I do multi masking too, or at least I try 🙂 by doing at least one mask every day, both eyes and face! I should try these too, lately I am in love with Caudalie detox mask! Your skin should be on the dictionary for the word “perfection”! <3
    Thanks for sharing with us 🙂
    Stella

• Natali says:

I’m so interested in testing the 3rd one. 🙂

• I am a huge fan of multimasking, it is so amazing for combination skin like mine.

Anne – Linda, Libra, Loca

• […] Sometimes you need to target different needs for different areas on your skin and you don’t have that much time to use different types of masks all day. So recently, I’ve been all about Multi-Masking! from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2017/11/multi-masking/ […]