Beauty, Makeup Tips

How to Fake Perfect Skin

Achieving perfect skin is always easier said than done. There’s a lot of work, time and effort that goes into maintaining your skin and it definitely doesn’t happen overnight! As much of the skincare junkie that I am, there are many times that I have to rely on the help of my makeup to get that flawless skin finish. But, we all know that it’s so much more than just slapping some concealer and foundation on your face and hoping for the best. Here are my five steps to faking perfect skin:

474A3466

Step 1: Foundation Primer

Starting out with a foundation primer might seem like an unnecessary step, but I can honestly say it makes all the difference. I use this one by Laura Mercier as the first step in my routine because it gives a good base before I apply my foundation. It’s like when you do your nails and you add a base coat! It just helps everything stick and fills in your pores for a nice and even canvas. This formula also adds a subtle glow which really makes my skin look beautiful and radiant. There are tons of primers on the market, all catered towards different skin types and makeup needs!

474A3450

Step 2: Foundation

I know I’ve already talked about this foundation in my Winter Beauty Routine, but I can’t say enough great things about it! It has fantastic coverage without weighing your skin down and a little bit goes such a long way. I usually apply it with a brush or a beauty blender, but when I’m in a hurry it works great with just my fingers as well.

474A3463

Step 3: Concealer

If I’m having a bad skin day, a little concealer can go a long way. I usually dab some concealer on my problem areas, and I use a lighter shade under my eyes to give me a little dimension and brighten up that area. I also keep a concealer in my purse for touchups throughout the day!

474A3431
474A3474

Step 4: Powder

After I’m done concealing what needs to be concealed, I set everything with a powder. I really like this one from Mac because it adds a little bit more coverage! But using a translucent powder like this one works just as well. Setting my foundation with a powder really helps lock everything in and gives my skin a beautiful matte look, which is great for my long shoot days! Pro tip: a pressed powder in a compact is great to throw in your bag for touchups throughout the day.

474A3455

Step 5: Highlighter

Last but not least, a highlighter! This strobe cream by Mac is awesome for adding a little oomph to my makeup look. I apply my highlighter to the top of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, under my eyebrows, the inner corner of my eyes and the cupid’s bow of my lip! There are tons of highlighters in different consistencies like liquid, a stick or powder. Recently, I’ve been going back and forth between these two: here and here!

474A3440

Do you have any skin tips/tricks you do when you’re having a not-so-great skin day? Let me know in the comments below!

sigxo_chriselle

• Ashley says:

Those products all look so pretty! I love foundation, but I have dreams of perfecting my skin so much that I don’t even need to use it.

• Tanja says:

Great tips!
    xo Tanja

• Leanne says:

Love the style of this post. I have just found your site through bloglovin, Really lovely images and minimalist blog design!

Leanne | lemblog.co.uk

• Alma says:

I love the MAC Strobe cream! I wear it under my foundation for an extra glow.

thealmachronicle.com

• Jennifer says:

Great tips and tricks!
    Highlighter is a must have for me. 🙂

• ann says:

some of the links are redirected to error 404 page. could you please check?

• Vivian says:

That glow is so important!

Vivian | LIVE . IN . LOVE

~

• I only recently discovered the magic of primers and now attempt to test my way through all there are.

Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

• Jo says:

These are really great tips on faking perfect skin with makeup! There was a moment when I thought I could do without a primer, just so I could save some time. Big mistake! It really does help to prep your skin for makeup and helps it to last all day.

xo, Jo

• Elizabeth says:

I’ve used that Laura Mercier primer before, and I feel that it’s kind of heavy! I’m going to give those other ones that you recommended! Thank you for sharing all of these great products! <3 🙂

XO, Elizabeth

• Michelle says:

I use the same primer~ love it… but, why do you even need concealer?! You’ve always had perfect skin! 🙂

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• Shloka says:

I love your picks! I’ve been wanting to give the La Mer concealer a try so I think I will take a page from your make up book and try it! 🙂

When I’m having a bad skin day, I tend to use a good moisturising foundation, but I actually also use red lipstick on my dark circles first and then put the concealer on top and blend – the red just colour corrects! It’s such an old trick but it works WONDERS!

I also find that a good highlighter always takes you a long way!

x
    Shloka

• Maria says:

These pictures look so so editorial, I love the photography! I have heard good things about that NARS concealer, need to finally get my hands on it. x

The Chic Pursuit

• […] How to Fake Perfect Skin. Feb 23, 2017. Achieving perfect skin is always easier said than done. There's a lot of work, time and effort that goes into … Source link […]

• Diana says:

Love this, aren’t we all after perfect skin.

|| D I A N A ||

• When I have a bad skin day I try to stick to creamy products and a lot of hydration. I try to use both blush and highlighter in stick form, that make my skin more glowy and “alive” 🙂

• Carey says:

Great tips! Thanks for sharing!

xo, Carey

• Magda says:

Great tips, thanks for sharing!

• Amy says:

Concealer is a game changer haha. I definitely need to add a highlighter into my routine, I just haven’t found the perfect one yet ♥

Amy // Snippets of Amy

• Liv says:

Great products!

Liv

livforstyle.net

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

Such beautiful skin requires lots of attention and care … and your skin is absolutely beautiful ! 🙂

❤LA BIJOUX BELLA❤ | BY MIA | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• Leah says:

I always forget to use a face priimer before foundation. I need to start doing that as well as keeping a spare concealor in my purse!

• Natali says:

Oh yes, agree on all of those with you and some of your beauty products are the same ones which I’m using
    in my daily beauty routine so I do know how miraculous they are. 🙂
    Great beauty post!

• Aya says:

Your skin is amazing, in every picture I find my self always admiring your flawless skin. I’m always hoping to have a great and flawless skin but I’m just not getting there, imperfections are just hard to beat but this make up routine looks gorgeous I think it’s gonna help me a lot and I’m definitely gonna try it !! Thank you so much for sharing 🙂

• […] are many times that I have to rely on the help of my makeup to get […] from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2017/02/fake-perfect-skin/ from Tumblr […]