My Fitness Routine

Ever since giving birth, I’ve had a love/hate relationship with working out. Finding the time to have a consistent workout schedule has been very difficult. Although balancing motherhood and work has been tough, I think I’ve finally come to a place where I’ve found a workout routine that works for me! It might have taken a while, but I’m proud to say I’ve been pretty consistent with it for the past few months!

More than the weight loss itself, I’ve never felt so strong and confident in my body- even pre-Chloe. I think the key thing is to find something you enjoy and look forward to doing. Instead of making working out a chore. I know you’ve probably heard that before, but I entourage you to find alternative workouts. Try something other than the treadmill, maybe sign up for a fun class! Everyone has something that can work for them, but here’s my fitness routine that I’ve been working on for the last six months:

If you follow me on snapchat and Instagram you know that I’ve recently discovered boxing. Although it has been all the rage for the Victoria’s Secret models and instagramers, I never had the guts to try it. I’ve always felt intimidated by the idea of it. It sounds like such a tough sport, but when I found Beastie 24/7, a local boxing studio in my neighborhood, I couldn’t help but get addicted to the workout. This studio is different because they do a mix of full body cardio and some yoga, but the core of it is boxing. It helps that the instructors are always playing hardcore hiphop music, which helps me get in the zone for a killer workout. Boxing is such a great full body workout. It hits your arms, abs and your core. I’ve also seen an extreme improvement with my love handles (yes I have them too- I’m just good at hiding them!) I think it’s the motion of twisting your body side to side that really tones your obliques! I usually box 2x a week, but I wish I had more time to do it! I’ll alternate it with a session of running or pilaties.

I’ve been doing Pilates for the past 3 years. I stopped during my pregnancy but I’ve recently picked it back up again! It’s very targeted towards certain muscles, while boxing is full body- which is why I love being able to mix the two. It allows me to max out my workout for the week. I go to a studio that does core-ology. We use a Pilates reformer, but it really targets the core. Which is why I’ve been wearing so many crop tops recently! As seen here!

That’s usually the extent of my workout. On a good week, I work out 3x a week. The key thing is to not be so hard on yourself if you miss a workout. Since my schedule is so demanding, I can’t work out as much as I want. But I balance it out with healthy eating. Which I’ll be posting a video about soon!

So the moral of this post is 1) find a workout you love- look beyond the gym! 2) find a schedule that works for you & don’t be so hard on yourself if you miss- we all have busy lives!

Click here to read my Byrdie feature about how I lost 40lbs after my Pregnancy!

• Jenelle says:

Boxing and pilates are two of my faves as well! The resistance training is really rewarding, but so too is the sweat and fast pace of a boxing workout. Also totally love power plate workouts- it is fun so you don’t notice that you are getting a big workout in a short amount of time!
    xx Jenelle

• That is awesome that you’ve taken the time to find a routine that works for you. It’s really important as mothers to still squeeze in things that make you you. I love working out and also coach Crossfit, and now have a 1 month old baby, so I do what I can when I can. I know soon enough I’ll be able to do more, but those 10 minutes here and there really help me feel fit :)

• Elysia says:

I totally agree that finding an alternative workout that you actually enjoy makes a huge difference! My whole family rock climbs both indoor and outdoor and it’s such a great experience for us all.

• Viviene Kok says:

Great that your have some lines going on Chriselle! By the way, hope yo’re not taking on those negativity recently. You are doing awesome and those people just don’t realize how much healthier you are than they are. Weight or size doesn’t reflect true health. x

Real Life Nerd //

• Silvana says:

Just found your site, loving it, can’t wait to read through it all! So inspirational!

• Amazing routine! Thanks for sharing and check out our frame of the week! I think you could totally pull it off.

Eye See Euphoria |

• Ashley Cervantes says:

Excellent workout !!

• I agree that those two points are key for sticking to a workout routine! If you don’t make the time and ensure what you’re doing is something you love, your hard work will falter quickly!

• IOANNA says:

Thanks for the motivation Chriselle!
    xoxoxo, Ioanna

• Joanna says:

First, congratulations for having such an amazing body post-baby! You’re really the proof that a woman can look amazing after pregnancy.

I agree that the best way to be consistent with working out is to find something you enjoy doing. For me it’s yoga, as I really like how flexible I’ve become. My posture improved, too.

But you really encouraged me to give boxing a try. I have actually been thinking about it for a long time, but always thought you have to be a super sporty girl with big muscles to be good at it.

• Chriselle says:

Hi Joanna! You’re so sweet! Thank you so so much. I never really got into yoga as much as pilaties, but boxing is so much fun! You’ll love it, I promise! xx Chriselle

• Shelly Liu says:

• I really want to start doing boxing, but I haven’t found a place for it yet. Hope to do so one day.

• Joules says:

Great pics! I love your workout style!

Lifestyle by Joules

• mainou says:

Thanks for sharing Chriselle =)

• Ashley says:

Great post! I’ve always wanted to try boxing :)

XOXO, Ashley

• Monika says:

Your abs look great! Such a good post!

• Vivian says:

The marble leggings are so chic! Go Chriselle!

Vivian | LIVE . IN . LOVE

• pia says:

wow you look amazing! i loved reading this article, because I love sports!
    Lunjasky bloglovin

• sanssouci says:

You look great! Such a refreshing post!

• stephanie says:

Wow! Your abs! I want try it to make my abs flat or six pack but it’s so hard :(

• Lena says:

I love the idea of working out, I just have never been able to do it consistently. I can always come up with an excuse as to why I can’t. For my job, I sit 8 hours a day, and then crash on the couch when I get home…not a good routine. I miss the days in high school when I was on the rowing team…that was such a good workout!

Lena Parker-Duncan – Graphic Designer and Photographer

• Ji Yeon Kim says:

Love this post! Really encourages me to go and kick some butt at a boxing studio! Excited 😉

• Prudence says:

I think building muscles is so important for fitness and feeling good on the overall and boxing sounds like an amazing workout for that purpose! Thanks for sharing!

• Ashley says:

Thanks for this! Gonna go back on the ‘getting fit’ bandwagon today so I can stay fitter this year x

• Natali says:

Yep! Everybody should find what works the best for them, what makes them feel better and what makes them want to come back for another “spin”!
    I’ve been thinking taking on some boxing classes myself too… Other than boxing, indoor rock climbing sounds very interesting to me too. For now, I’ve
    been just working out at gym but I want to make my workouts more versatile and fun, so I’ve been thinking on some “side” activity and can’t wait to take on one of these two. :)

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

Being healthy, looking physically fierce, feeling beautiful is the best medication anyone can have. A great example of a great start is this fabulous post. A wonderful way to approach for the 2016 year! :)

La Bijoux Bella | by mia

• Diana says:

I have recently tried boxing as well and it’s amazing!

|| D I A N A ||

• Avanti says:

Wow! I’m so impressed by your dedication! You are looking healthier and fitter than ever.

• Paulin says:

Hi Chriselle!

Followed you for a couple of years but happened to watch a couple of videos recently and I just want to say that you’re amazing. You’re sincere and the things you touch on are what the 20s and 30s can relate to. It’s helpful and motivating. Keep them coming!! X

• I have heard great things about boxing! I would love to try it out! Pilates is so tough, but probably one of my favorite exercises. xx

• Desimira says:

I’ve always wanted to try boxing. Love all the pictures, thanks for sharing!

• I have always wanted to try boxing, but never had the guts to do so.

Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

• Thuy says:

My cardio is too garbage for boxing right now lmao. Is that a bad reason? And I used to follow Cassie Ho on Blogilates for Pilates. Nowadays I just weight train. Cardio training makes me sad :(

• Elizabeth says:

Thank you so much for the inspirational tips! :) I agree, working out should be something we look forward to because we’re getting stronger and more fit in the process! Really want to try Pilates as well <3 You should think about dance classes. I always love them because it never feels like exercise, and is so fun! You look great by the way! So incredibly fit!

XO, Elizabeth

• Lovey says:

Such strength and beauty! Love your routine– I plan to get into pilates a lot more soon! Gorgeous

• sasa says:

Mixing different workouts definitely helps! It gets a little boring to repeat the same thing again and again:P

Shall We Sasa