Beauty

Put Your Best Foot Forward

Sandal season is here which means those feet better be looking g-o-o-d and feeling fresh! The CINCteam and I put together some of our favorite tips and tricks together to help you guys to put your best foot forward.

Get Rid of Dead Skin

After a long winter covered with boots and socks, your feet are probably pretty dry and maybe a bit crusty. So, first things first- you’ve got to get rid of all that dry cracked skin that’s built up calluses on your heels. A pumice stone like this one is super cheap and really helps get your feet soft by getting rid of the dead skin on your feet (it works on your elbows too). But to get some MAJOR dead skin off that’s probably been there for a few years,  let me introduce you to this foot peel!

It’s basically a foot mask that peels all the grossness off your feet after a few days! And trust me when I say it really works. We started seeing results 4 days after we started the treatment. It felt so gross but satisfying at the same time. If you’re wearing sandals the next day, we don’t recommend it as you’ll need at least a week in closed toe shoes with this foot peel.

Keep it Moisturized

After you get all of the dead skin off, you need to add some moisture back in! A good thick cream like this one here feels amazing and really hydrates your feet. Another way to lock in some moisture on your feet is to use some good old coconut oil! Rub it all over your feet, throw on some socks for a few hours or overnight and voilá- instantly soft feet.

Don’t Forget Sunscreen!

This might sound odd, but don’t forget to put sunscreen on the top of your feet! No one wants a weird sandal tan line or sun spots on their skin. This sunscreen here is great!

Perfectly Polished

To finalize your journey to baby soft feet, you need a pedicure! While a pro pedicure is great, sometimes a little polish while you’re sitting on your couch watching tv works just as well! Though I love a statement red, I’m really feeling neutrals like the ones above this summer. Be sure to file down and give your toes the love and attention they need. They’re often so neglected!

Huge thank you to Hannah for being a good sport and being a foot model! Do you guys have any good tips for keeping your feet looking sandal ready? Let me know in the comments down below!

sigxo_chriselle

TELL US YOUR THOUGHTS!

• Jenny Yang says:

yessss this post was so helpful!
    xx jen

• Elizabeth T. says:

I’m so excited for sandal season! <3 Thank you for sharing all of these great foot care products! 🙂 I think it's an area on our body that we often overlook, but once it's summer, it's essential to have pretty toes and feet when wearing sandals!

XO, Elizabeth

• karla says:

This product is perfect and right on time for Sandal season! We all want beautiful and soft feet.
    The nail polish looks great on Hannah’s skyn tone ❤️

• Patricia says:

Enjoyed the read. I know you said you are feeling neutrals for toenail color, but what color and brand is that red in the pictures? It’s beautiful.

• Anna says:

Very nice entry. I like it.
    Great blog 🙂
    Greetings 🙂

• Zauni says:

Forever attempting the perfect pedicure. Also, I know white polish on toes is supposedly ‘a thing’ but I have to say I love a red hue by far. Lovely post, thank you CINCteam!

– Zauni at By Zauni

• Vivian says:

Yikes, I always neglect my feet! Thanks for the reminder~

Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

~

• Yes, yes, yes about the sunscreen! Such a forgot place to apply but your feet stick out so the sun will easily burn the top of them! You’ve convinced me to book a pedicure – desperately needed 🙂

• Tabitha says:

Great post! We often do neglect our feet, leaving it all dry and what not. My poor feet have been beat up through ballet and pointe shoes so I don’t even try anymore, but it definitely sounds relaxing to try.

Tabitha

• As usually your tips are great. If you think winter is awful for your feet, summer is even worst. Here in Miami we don’t usually have to wear boot, so you wear sandals, flip flop all over the year. My feet needs as soon as possible the feet peel, although I’m using a pomice stone, is not enough, so I need this product.

Mylovelypeople.com

• Kathrin says:

I love fun colored pedicures in the summer. They make quite a difference in the way feet look.

Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

• Angela says:

My poor feet have been neglected ever since I had my kids. I finally got around to cleaning them up with a pumice stone but I think I’m going to need that foot peel to really get them back into shape!

Angela at Blush & Pearls

• Nikki says:

Great tips Chriselle!

Love,
    Nikki

• sabiha says:

I could definitely do with these tips – especially removing dead skin! Love the nail polish picks too x

• Jennifer says:

I totally agree with these tips! They will come in handy during the summer time. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• […] from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2018/04/put-best-foot-forward/ […]

• Ah I’m getting a pedicure today as my feet are destroyed after winter. I always forget sunscreen on my feet! So smart! x

chevrons & éclairs