LIFESTYLE

How to Calm TF Down in 5 Minutes

We all have those moments- when it seems that everything that could go wrong is going wrong? It’s in moments like that when the phrase ‘when it rains it pours’ really rings true. And being able to shake it off and figure it out seems a lot easier said than done, right?

Don’t worry- I’ve got you covered. Whether you’re at home, in the office, in your car or on your way to get a work out in, finding quick and easy tips and tricks that help you find your zen is super important! We all deal with stress differently, so being in tune with your body and your needs can make all the difference.

First of all, I think we can all agree that having someone tell you to ‘calm down’ is possibly the worst way to actually get someone to calm down. So… I’ve slowly become more self-aware to know when I need to take 5 to get my head on straight.

Keep scrolling to learn how to calm TF down in 5 minutes or less!

1. Tea Time

Having a cup of tea is always super calming for me. There are so many of types and flavors specifically for reducing stress and anxiety, we actually keep a few boxes of peppermint and lavender tea at the office! Hibiscus tea is often used to treat high blood pressure, hypertension, and anxiety. Instead of a mid-day coffee pick me up- the CINCteam and I try to have tea time around 2 or 3 pm. It warms me up and puts me in a calming state of mind.

2. Breathing Exercises

If you google ‘breathing exercises for calming down’ you’ll find a ton! Regulating your breathing and reducing your heart rate is the best way find calmness and tranquility no matter the situation. The CINCteam and I use the ‘4 7 8’ technique! Basically, inhale for 4 seconds, hold it in for 7 seconds and breath out slowly for 8 seconds! (PS: this breathing technique is also great for falling asleep!)

3. Essential Oils

Smell is one of the body’s strongest senses, so I like to use essential oils! Between a little bit of peppermint oil on my temples to stop a headache or some drops of lavender essential oil in a hot bath- these little guys are lifesavers and really help to relax you.

4. Step Away

Stepping away and basically removing yourself from a stressful situation is one of the best ways to chill. Go for a walk, go to the bathroom- just step away. Take in some silence and regroup! Just a few minutes can make all the difference, trust me.

5. Chocolate, duh.

Besides being delicious, dark chocolate is actually good for de-stressing! It has tons of antioxidants and makes you happy! Of course, don’t binge- but a little nibble now and then is good for you. 🙂

Shop the Candle

6. Face Mist

As I’m sure you guys all know by now- I LOVE face mists. They’re instantly refreshing and I find them really soothing! This one has a slight peppermint scent, which is great for calming and this one here is infused with charcoal which is energizing! Read all the ones I’m loving here!

7. Calming Music

Ocean sounds, affirmations or maybe just your favorite guilty pleasure playlist- putting on some tunes can help you chill you out and calm you down!

8. Doodle Break

Taking your mind off what’s stressing you out means you need a distraction. If I can’t get up and walk away- I just doodle! Either with the drawing feature of the notes on my iPhone or with a pen and paper, just letting my finger or pen flow and focus on something else really helps calm me down!

9. Laugh

I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine! When I’m feeling stressed or anxious, I like to watch funny videos of Chloe that I have saved on my phone. They instantly make me smile and put me in a better mood.

Like I said before, we all deal with anxiety and stress in different ways. The CINCteam and I compiled this list to share with you all what works for us! So we would love to hear what you guys do to get your zen on! Leave a comment down below and have a great day! sigxo_chriselle

TELL US YOUR THOUGHTS!

• Natalie says:

Face mists sound like something I need in my life right now!

• chichi says:

totally agree laughter is the best medicine !

• Amazing post! I truly agree with the above mentioned key initiatives professional services LG leaders should consider implementing to help improve the employee experience. Thanks for sharing all the facts in details. It was very interesting & helpful.

Office 365 support Dallas

• LLL says:

Hey hey Monet!
    Thanks for AM Mantra.
    If the rest of you had lived as long as I have, 71 years, you would know that having to refer to TF is just an attention getter. Doesn’t add an iota to coolness
    or femininity.
    Tripple L

• Stephanie says:

Great article! The TF catch phrase made me want to read the article even more. I use essential oils to calm myself also I go in my bathroim for a calm TF down moment when things are not going my way. Love the article! http://Www.kreativekidsdaycare.net

• Cara Michelle says:

This post is literally saving me from a total panic melt down today. I was feeling myself lose my inner control but now I am having tea and using the breathing techniques to calm down. I used to feel irritated at these simple suggestions, like there’s no way that crap works, but it really does help! Thank you for sharing, and also its a very beautiful post 🙂

• Kat says:

T F grabbed me to read this great article, because when you get to that point, that pretty much sums it up!
    Lighten up everyone!

• Mama Cass says:

I love how the ladies that were offended by 2 letters of the alphabet and didn’t read the article are the ones that clearly need to read tf article.

• Kelly says:

I thought it was a great article, simple things that make a huge difference , honestly the TF caught my attention great heading and there is nothing wrong with being real !

• Irina says:

Thank you so much for the tips!

xoxo, I || http://youngbooty.blogspot.co.uk

• carolyn says:

Your article was good but shame on you for using “TF” to get my attention.
    I must say it worked.
    I would never have read it without trying to figure out what “TF” meant.
    I have learned to “let it happen” or should i say “LIH”?

• GG F Powell says:

These small actions garner huge results. Thank you for providing such variety since what works for a friend might not work for me. I see myself combining some of these techniques with another I use frequently–prayer. There’s peace in knowing God’s in control of whatever situation it might be, and even more importantly, that he loves me no matter what.

• Marianne says:

Maybe everyone else knows, but what the heck is TF? Good hints, but the abbreviation was a turnoff.

• Definitely for me the breathing exercise and walking are the best.

• Hilary Davis says:

Nice ideas reminder thanks for that but quite frankly the acronym put me off – we are acronym obsessed and it’s exhausting constantly having to stop and translate – not the desired effect with such a warm an helpful article!!!

• Tersia Senekal says:

Thanks for the excellent advice… Small things can make such a huge difference.

• Jean says:

I’ve been having a horrible time adjusting to my 6-month old job and I literally laughed out loud at the TF because it was so dead on for me! Oh, and I’m 52 not 22, just wanted to throw that out there 🙂 My daughter gave me essential oils for a gift and I love them! I try the breathing and putting myself in time out (walking away). All very helpful. I’m going to take on your other suggestions as well.

• Sundeep says:

Enjoyed reading your blog post x

• Susan Rusman says:

Best tip I had before taking exams was to run cold water over the inside of your wrists – very calming – but what the heck is TF?

• Bonbon says:

“TF” means “The F*ck”. I couldn’t believe they put that in the article. I found it to be entirely unnecessary to the story.

• using vocabulary is more effective than swearing says:

Same about TF, I’m unsubscribing because of it. Not necessary.

• Julie M Sabach says:

THANK YOU for stating obvious. “What is TF…?”
      I loathe acronyms is this text obsessed generation. So, kudos for kick starting this ditty of a thread.

• LYNN HOLLAND says:

Same here. I’d no idea what it meant and couldn’t relate it to the article at all.

• Monet says:

Hi Chriselle!
    Great post! I can swear by each and every one of these tips… AND Might I add the Alpha Mega Mantra:
    Which works for me in 10 secs or less when isht happens to happens…Close eyes, envision and feel yourself overreacting, spazing, panicking, etc then say aloud “SELF…CALM TF DOWN NOW.” Apply steps 1-5 for reinforcement.

• Jennifer says:

Amazing recommendations Chriselle. I felt relaxed by just looking at the pictures 🙂 It’s funny how I didn’t ealized that I had been self-aware too. I had started to control my breathing more often now and it definitely helps, also chocolates…why not? Love how you always give us a little treat with your essential oil recommendations. I will love to collaborate with you and Chloe also! Let’s chat info@becollectionllc.com I sent you a pm on Instagram and I had email you too…let me know if you got it Chriselle 🙂

• karla says:

Thats’ for sure. We really need to do all of this when we feel saturated.
    I have never tried the face mist. I think is about time to give it a try 💛

Great post

• Jenny Yang says:

Loved this post!! I’ve been so into essential oils lately and they are so helpful in calming down my inner self!
    xx Jen

• Tabitha says:

Great tips! I know a lot of these tips hold true for me when I need to calm down. The breathing technique I need to try along with some essential oils. I always love walking in nature when I need to unwind and calm down. It’s very relaxing to just be out.

Tabitha

• Great tips! Love your blog!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath

• Chloe says:

These are really great tips! I’m definitely guilty of getting over stressed on the regular, so I’ m going to keep these in mind!

Chloe x

• Elizabeth says:

Thank you so much for these great tips, especially the little tip about taking some deep breaths! I’ve been in my fair share of stressful incidents at work, and all of these are great ways to really help you calm down! 🙂 Need to invest in some more teas at work too! <3

XO, Elizabeth

• These are excellent tips! One of my favorite ways to calm down is with music. I have a playlist that recenters me when my vibe is off. Runner up is a soothing aroma, lavendar scented soap, a woodsy scented candle, or a nice cup of jasmine tea. I love the calming effect different stimulants can have on the senses and how it all comes together to help me achieve my calm. Thank you for sharing <3

• Jae says:

Perfect timing! I’ve been feeling so down these past couple of days and I really need to take a moment to destress.
    Jae

• Jennifer says:

I totally agree with 2, 4, 7, & 9! Those are some of the methods that I use to reduce my stress. Thanks for sharing! I learned a lot. 🙂

• I work in a high stress job. Such great tips, will be incorporating it into my routine. xx

• Anastasia says:

really great ways to calm down. I use a few myself and thank you for remind me some I forgot.
    I also use ‘4 7 8’ breath technique. it helps me a lot with my anxiety and even with panic attacks.

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• Kathrin says:

This is such a great post! Stress can be so consuming that we often forget how to focus on something positive.

Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

• Shloka says:

Right before I read this post, I was feeling a bit anxious and I grabbed a piece of dark chocolate and saw that was one of your tips! So so helpful!

x
    Shloka

• Natali says:

Essential oils and the act of stepping away are totally working for me. I sometimes get too overwhelmed and def. sometimes need to just chill like immediately. 🙂
    You are looking gorgeous Chriselle!

• Ohh Fantastic post Chriselle, I’m agree with all of them, I will add another, to practice any kind of sport, yoga, pilates, but something that you truly love and enjoy. I practice Brikram Yoga and when I’m down or dealing with some kind of stress situation it’s the best medicine. We have to deal in the class with the sweat and hot temperatures so you need to leave outside of the bikram class all your problems……..
    It’s fantastic….

Thanks for the wonderful tips
    Lot of kisses from Miami

My lovely people By Alba

• Beautiful tips! I love using the Bath & Body Works aromatherapy oil roller in Comfort to calm me down! Love the breathing technique, will use next time anxiety doesn’t let me sleep!
    Maria Eugenia ☀

• […] So I’ve slowly become more self-aware to know when I need to take some time to get my head on straight. Keep scrolling to learn how to calm TF down in 5 minutes! from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2018/04/how-to-calm-tf-down-in-5-minutes/ […]