Beauty, Skin Tips

WTF is a Face Roller

Every time I showcase a face roller on my stories, I get so many questions like:

“WTF is a face roller?”

“What does it do?”

“Do I need it?”

So… the CINCteam and I put a few of our favorite face rollers to the test this past month to answer all of your questions.  And YES, it’s worth the money and you really do need to add one to your skincare routine if you haven’t already. The best part?  There are so many different versions of them out there on the market now (we made sure to include one under $10) so you’re not limited to just one type. That means you can find a roller that suits your skins needs, your lifestyle (and aesthetic), and your budget.

Shop Rose Quartz

Shop Contour Shaper

Shop Jade Roller

Spending 2-5 extra minutes in the morning and at night has helped our skin significantly. Everyone’s noticed their skin’s been looking tighter, fresher, a little more contoured, relaxed, brighter and significantly less puffy. These face rollers also help your skin de-puff in the morning if you say… may have had one too many glasses of wine the night before. Hey – we’re not here to judge, we’re here to help! 😉

What do you think of the face roller? Will you be giving it a try? Let us know in the comments below!

• How long did you use before noticing a change? Xoxo

• Mélanie says:

Definitely going to give this a try, thank you for sharing !

• K says:

Lovely I give it a try

• Kathrin says:

I’ve seen these around, but wasn’t sure if I wanted one. I’m glad to know they work well…

Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

• Bough this face roller last week and have been using it religiously twice a day!
    It feel so good on the skin. Definitely helps with circulation! How long do you suggest rolling for?

• Annie says:

Would love to see something about the benefits of the jade roller!

• Definitely going to try! 🙂

• Elizabeth says:

Thank you so much for this super thorough post about face rollers! I was always a little curious about the others, since I’ve only ever seen the contouring one! 🙂 <3

XO, Elizabeth

• mainou says:

Been hearing so much about the face roller especially the jade roller! I think I might actually give it a try =)

• Fatou says:

This is such a helpful guide !

• Vivian says:

I’ve been thinking about getting one for my routine, I’m absolutely victim of a glass of wine too many the night before~~

Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

• Amelie says:

I’ve been using these(the jade and rose quartz) for ages!!! Thanks to my mom whose into beauty and TCM. These are great.

• Lisa says:

I have the laneige face roller. Does anyone know the best way to clean it? I heard somewhere it shouldn’t get water in it.

• Yelda Kazimi says:

Thanks for sharing, Chriselle. I never quite understood the hype around these tools and now am more convinced. I did some research and saw the jade roller featured (found on Amazon) didn’t get great reviews. I found another option that I would like to share more widely:

Also, would welcome you or your readers dropping by my blog — — it’s a lifestyle blog that touches on fashion, beauty, motherhood and more! Thanks in advance.

• Yessenia says:

Love my face roller! I put it in the freezer and when is time to use it it is cold against your face which also helps with reducing puffiness. I use it after I apply my face oil. Always use upwards or outwards on your face. The one I have also has some dented sides on the second Jade. This one does what microblading is suppose to do but without opening holes in your skin. I highly recommend you getting your hands in a Jade roller! If victoria Beckham uses one you know it is a major thing to add to your skin care routine!

• I need to try one of this, it looks pretty good.

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• I have one, but haven’t used it yet. Maybe I´ll put it on my bedside table to use it in the evenings.

Anne – Linda, Libra, Loca

• Tabitha says:

Great post! I’ve heard of jade rollers before and always wondered the benefits. I can definitely imagine how relaxing it would be when rolling your face. Although I have to ask? Can’t any small rolling object (smooth cup) do the same thing or is there something specific about these that other objects can’t do?

• Jennifer says:

Thanks for giving a detailed explanation on what a face roller is! I personally do not own one but, I think I might invest in one soon. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• I’ve been dying to know more about these. REALLY want a rose quartz roller now.

chevrons & éclairs

• Ellie says:

Ahahahah i Have been asking myself that question since first seeing them! I realy want to give them a try

Ellie xx

• The quartz and jade ones are objects of beauty.

• Kim says:

I keep hearing about these!! Maybe I need to take the plunge!
    Kim — midi skirt on broadway!

• Jae says:

Love the idea of face rolling. I used to do it every night and have gotten lazy about it. I need to get back into it regularly!

• Carey says:

I’ve been thinking about getting a jade roller and you just convinced me!

xo, Carey

• […] There are so many different versions of them out there on the market now (we made sure to include one under $10) so you’re not limited to just one type. from The Chriselle Factor […]