Beauty, Skin Tips

Skincare in Your 20’s vs. Your 30’s

Let’s talk about what your skincare routine should be in your 20’s vs. your 30’s, shall we? A little while ago, Hannah and I teamed up for a few blog posts to talk about different styles in your 20’s vs. 30’s (if you missed them, check them out here and here)! They got such good feedback that we began to brainstorm different topics and the one we kept coming back to was skincare! My views on skincare have changed so much since I was Hannah’s age, so I was so excited to shoot and share this post with you all! I knew I wanted to hear from a pro- so I called up the one and only skin guru, Kate Somerville herself! The CINCteam and I are huge fans of her skincare line and her clinic so we were very intrigued to see what she would have to say about skincare in your 20’s versus your 3o’s! Keep scrolling to see what Kate reveals as her Holy Grail Beauty Routine in her 20’s vs. her 30’s!

Keeping your skin clear and radiant is a lot easier said than done. Once I turned 30, I remember my mindset switching from ‘pimples’ to ‘wrinkles’ almost overnight!

So when it comes to anti-aging skincare in your 20’s vs. your 30’s, Kate Somerville says:

“Start using anti-aging products in your 20’s, but you don’t need to be too aggressive. Keep skin healthy by exfoliating, hydrating and moisturizing. Sun protection is essential in any decade, but it’s especially important in your 20s for prevention!

Once you reach your 30’s, start to introduce a Retinol treatment 2-3 times a week at night. Our skin gets drier as we age, so pay attention to how your skin is changing and adjust your products accordingly. Make sure you’re hydrating both internally (with lots of water) and externally (with products that contain Hyaluronic Acid) that will give your skin the moisture it needs.”

In Your 20’s…

Hey guys, it’s Hannah jumping on! If you remember from my last post here, my views on skincare have changed drastically since I started working for Chriselle (thank you Chriselle, you skin goddess). While I take care of my skin, thinking about anti-aging isn’t anywhere on my mind. I’m going to be 23 forever… right?

But your 20’s are the best time for prevention! That means the big three: exfoliate, hydrate and SPF! According to Kate Somerville herself, SPF protection is the most important element for healthy, youthful skin. Sun degrades our collagen and elastin and affects our body’s ability to create healthy new cells. Many of my clients ask me to take away or reverse something they don’t like about their skin and usually what they don’t like could have been avoided by staying out of the sun.”

In Your 30’s…

Doesn’t Hannah’s skin look great? Oh, to be 23 again… But once you hit 30, it all comes at once, doesn’t it? You guys know how passionate I am about my skin care, so it was so amazing to talk to Kate Somerville about her anti-aging tips in your 30’s! The number one tip she has is retinol:

“I recommend all my clients in their 30s start using Retinol if they’re not already. There are so many benefits to Retinol: it stimulates collagen, removes environmental damage, aids in wrinkle reduction, helps with breakouts, reduces scarring, minimizes pore size, helps skin texture, helps to remove brown spots… it does all of it! Retinol can be drying and irritating, so look for time-released, gentle formulas. My DermalQuench Liquid Lift  + Retinol is a gentle way to increase retinol usage as its hydration (Hyaluronic Acid) coupled with retinol.  PFC oxygen carriers bring retinol into deep layers of skin where it’s needed without giving surface burn.  It gives skin an instant boost of hydration and plumps fine lines and wrinkles for a smooth, refreshed look.”

Kates Holy Grail Beauty Routine in her 20s

AM:

1. Gentle Cleanser
2. Exfoliate (exfoliate 2 times a week)
3. DermalQuench Liquid Lift (Hydrate)
4. Lightweight/Oil Free Moisturizer (to seal in hydration)
5. SPF 50 (you can also use a moisturizer with SPF to combine steps 4 and 5)

PM:

1. Gentle Cleanser
2. DermalQuench Liquid Lift (Hydrate)
3. Lightweight/Oil Free Moisturizer (to seal in hydration)
4. Anti-Aging Eye Cream (My Age Arrest Eye Cream is ideal for clients in their 20s and 30s, who are just starting to see the signs of aging and want to be proactive).

Kate’s Holy Grail Beauty Routine in her 30’s:

AM:

1. Gentle Cleanser
2. Exfoliate (exfoliate 3 times a week)
3. Serum with Hyaluronic Acid (Hydrate)
4. Moisturize (to seal in hydration)
5. SPF 50 (you can also use a moisturizer with SPF to combine step 4 and 5)

PM:

1. Gentle Cleanser
2. DermalQuench Liquid Lift + Retinol (Hydrate and treat with Retinol. DermalQuench + Retinol is gentle enough to be used daily. Make sure you are only using your Retinol products at night, as it makes skin photosensitive)
3. Moisturize (to seal in hydration)
4. Anti-Aging Eye Cream

Have you guys changed your skincare routine since you’ve gotten older? And my readers in your 20’s- what do you guys do for your skin? Let me know in the comments below!

sigxo_chriselle

TELL US YOUR THOUGHTS!

• Yes thank you Hannah! So many criticise women in their 20s for using anti-aging products. We’re starting early!

• Tanja says:

Thank you for the amazing tips!
    Love your Skin xo tanja

• prashant says:

These tips are good for age difference of 10 years and good and very helpful.

• Ruth says:

Thankyou so much for this post! I’m newly in my 30’s and seeing that my skin care needs to change as I’m starting to show laugh lines etc… this is incredibly helpful and I so appreciate it!
    Ruth

• vaniday says:

yes you are saying right about the skincare treatment and other things.

• vaniday says:

Such a great read in the post. So many helpful tips. Thank you so much!

• Michelle says:

I adore this advice! I’m a huge fan of all the skin wisdom you’ve doled out.

I’m in my early 20s, and gearing up for skin woes as I take my first plunge into the working world. My older sister has warned me of the skin havoc that workplace stress can create, and I’m reading up as much as I can on how to take care of myself in preparation for the 30s and beyond. I’m currently on the birth control pill, which goes a long way in warding off hormonal acne; meanwhile, my skincare routine in the AM is 1) a Curel Foaming Wash Cleanser, 2) Obagi Vitamin C Serum 10, 3) Curel Sebum Care Toner, 4) Sukin Rosehip Hydrating Day Cream. My skincare routine in the PM consists of more oils: 1) MUJI Oil Cleanser, 2) Pelican Hinoki Deitanseki Charcoal and Clay Facial Wash Soap Bar, 3) Curel Sebum Care Toner, 4) a DIY facial oil comprised of jojoba, geranium, lavender and frankincense oil and 5) Sukin/Trilogy Antioxidant rosehip oil right before bed after brushing my teeth once the DIY has been absorbed.

• I am Christofer Döss the Swedish sexual exhibitionist aka the bisexual life enjoying nude model nakencrille [nospam].
    Check out my nude blog and my most awesome nude walk ever: http sexexhibchristoferdoss.blogspot.se/2017/08/the-most-awesome-nude-walk.html

• You are so right that once you hit 30 you instantly wake up one morning and your skin is no longer as elastic as it was in your 20s! Since I turned 30 I have begun getting facials once a month. I have even budgeted for it knowing how pricey they can be. Without super hydration my skin doesn’t have nearly as youthful as a glow.
    X
    samantha

• Nikki says:

Absolutely loved this post!
    Thank you for the amazing tips!

Love,
    Nikki

• Vivian says:

You are both glowing!

Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

~

• Elizabeth says:

Really loved this post! I’m in my mid-twenties right now, and this post is definitely so helpful, especially with all of the product recommendations! <3 🙂

XO, Elizabeth

• suni says:

thank you for skin care tips.

• Jessica says:

Hey Chriselle good post! One thing to note- retinol products should not be used when pregnant or breastfeeding.

• Toju says:

Such a great read. So many helpful tips. Thank you so much!

• these photos are stunning! I was completely captured by their beauty, their eyes and of course their amazing skin

• Sharon says:

Hi Chriselle and Hannah!

Thank you so much for this article. I was wondering if you could expand on your article to include women in their 40s. I am Korean-American living in SF and have noticed that my skin has completely changed since turning 40s: pigmentation, drier, less brightening. Was wondering if you could give some tips and also address whether I should focus more on pm skincare regime at my age than am skincare regime..or are they both still equally important.

• Tabitha says:

Great tips! Being 25 I’m trying to be more proactive now with my skincare and this is just what i need to see what I can do more. You both have beautiful skin. I’m jealous lol!

Tabitha

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• These are such great tips! I love DermalQuench btw! Gorgeous skin you two 🙂 xx

chevrons & éclairs

• […] The CINCteam and I are huge fans of her skincare line so we were very intrigued to see what she would have to say about skincare in your 20’s versus your 3o’s! Keep scrolling to see what Kate reveals as her Holy Grail Beauty Routine in her 20’s vs. her 30’s! from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2018/01/skincare-in-your-20s-v-30s/ […]