283A4283

283A3688
283A4279
283A4305
283A3676
283A3685
283A4313

Its time to talk about honey, honey. Have you guys ever seen or heard of Manuka HoneyThis stuff is practically magic in a jar, honestly. If you haven’t heard of it yet, then let me tell you, you’re going to want to get on this honey train ASAP! Honey on its own is already amazing. It tastes good, the health benefits are through the roof, and some farmers swear that consuming local bee pollen help your allergies! But Manuka Honey is totally different than your average honey.

Okay guys, time to get nerdy for a second. I did some research about Manuka honey and this is what I learned: Manuka honey is made specifically from the Manuka tree found in New Zealand. It has a special compound in it called methylglyoxal (MGO) that sets it apart from raw honey or your generic table honey. To score how much antibiotic properties it has, honey makers created a rating system. It’s called UMF, which stands for Unique Manuka Factor. The higher the rating, the more potent the honey! Simple enough, right?

Manuka Honey can be used both topically, which means you can put it directly on your skin, and orally, which means you can eat it! It has so many benefits, too. It has been known to help with acne, eczema, a sore throat, allergies, acid reflux, the list goes on and on! I have a spoonful every morning, and I’ve even found myself looking forward to my daily dose!

I got my first jar of Manuka Honey as a gift, but I searched the net and found some really great ones that I’ve linked below! Are you guys going to give this super honey a try? Let me know in the comments down below!

sigxo_chriselle

• Vencie Yeager says:

How do you find the UMF number. The one I use doesn’t say that, but it says Raw Manuka Honey, Hi-Active, Active 15+. Would that number be it? Brand is Y.S. ECO Bee Farms, organic pioneer #114 other than those two numbers, that’s all I see.,

• Janna says:

using a metal spoon makes the honey less effective!

• Colleen says:

So happy to find out about Manuka honey – have wondered about it…. I am really grateful to CHERIE BRAUN for her comment and info. on
    March 29, 2017 informing about New Z. using a UMF number, “which means that they are not considered to be of therapeutic grade”. I’d never heard of honeys being rated by grades, so this is also very helpful!. Best, Colleen

• Lauren says:

Oooh I’ve been meaning to try Manuka honey for a while now. Definitely worth getting the antibacterial properties. I love a tablespoon of honey in a cup of lemon tea more than anything and a honey mask can do wonders for your skin!

obsessedandoverdressed.com

• yvonne says:

yes the manuka honey has a lot of benefit, been eating this for a while, when I cough I take this Manuka Honey and my cough gone. It’s like home remedy.. Manuka Honey can take it anytime as you like and best is just take it raw. Scoop a teaspoon and let it melt in your mouth!!

• Cherie Braun says:

Hi….I just read your Manuka honey blog, and while everything you stated is correct. What bothered me, however, is that you showed pictures of different honeys, which you stated were all Manuka honey. While, technically, you are correct – they are all Manuka, but several of the brands you showed, don’t have an UMF number, which means that they are not considered to be of therapeutic grade.

I think that will make your reader believe that all Manuka is equal – and therapeutic – which is not the case. I would live to see you show only the brands of honey which have a UMF number. Just my opinion….

• Sabrina Collins says:

Doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. Thank you though. I’ll be sure to research brands that are therapeutic grade.

• Colleen says:

Dear Cherie – I knew nothing about Manuka honey besides the name until reading Chriselle’s interesting post. It was also helpful that you mentioned New Z.’s Manuka is graded – thanks so much!!!

Colleen

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• rhe says:

i have seen manuka honey at trader joe’s & i’m always curious about it. the price point is higher than other honeys but it sounds like it’s worth it for all of the benefits!

• Love your photos tasting honey! It seems to be a great product!

• Elizabeth says:

Yes, honey really does have so much health and cosmetic benefits <3 I really want to get a jar of this for my mom because I know she'll definitely enjoy it! :) And of course, adding some honey to lemon water is really good for the skin too! Thank you for sharing these great recommendations!

XO, Elizabeth

• Jennifer says:

Saw so much of this during our visit to NZ and didn’t get a chance to try it! Now, I need to go back just to give it a shot! :)

• Very intuitive post!! I haven’t heard of this beauty hack before!

wwww.kristenskouture.com | Luxury. Fashion. Luxury.

• Jaime says:

Great article! I loooove honey. Anyone interested in this stuff should definitely check out the book Everyday Roots. It teaches you how to replace all of the harmful chemical products in your life with organic ones. It’s completely changed my life and how I feel everyday :)

You can read a good review of Everyday roots here: http://reggiesreview.weebly.com/everyday-roots-review.html

• Vivian says:

My mum always made me take a spoon of manuka honey in the morning! It really does have health benefits~

Vivian | LIVE . IN . LOVE

~

• Diana says:

I’ve been dying to try this out!!

|| D I A N A ||

• Lyndi says:

Isn’t it delicious?! So many health benefits too. Honey is one of the only foods that never spoils either.
    I haven’t had this in a while, so I’m definitely going to pick up a jar :)
    Lyndi

• Had this for the first time visiting New Zealand, it has the most amazing unique taste, and it is great for you!
    City Style and Living The Editors Notebook | Instagram

• Kiri says:

I have heard about it but never tried it!
    Maybe I will give it a go!

Kiri
    Set to Glow

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

This is great stuff. My Maman eats this twice a day, i have been told by her about the magnificent benefits of the manuka honey. I tried it a few times, but now you have reminded me of this wonderful product. I might just have to order some for myself now. :)
    Great post as always! :)

💋LA BIJOUX BELLA💋 | BY MIA | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• […] let me tell you, you’re going to want to get on this train ASAP! from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2017/03/currently-obsessed-manuka-honey/ from Tumblr […]