283A8872
LIFESTYLE

3 Tips to Lose 5 lbs

Okay, hear me out: everybody and every body is beautiful. But, I think we could all stand to pick up a few healthier habits, right? And to clarify, these tips are NOT a way to lose weight in the long term, they are just ways I lose the excess water weight I tend to retain (which is generally always about 5lbs or so). I usually follow these steps before a big photo shoot, event, or if I’m walking a runway show. I do not do this all the time. Similarly, these tips are great ways to detox and an easy way to kick start a healthier lifestyle!

283A8885
283A8884

1. Juicing

In typical LA fashion, I LOVE juicing. When I know I’ve got a big shoot or event coming up, I’ll do my version of a juice detox for about three days. The first day, I will only drink juice. This really helps to flush out my system. (Read: I pee a lot which gets rid of my water weight and a bunch of toxins I’ve had stored up!) Day 2, I’ll drink juices throughout the day but have a super big and healthy dinner. And lastly, for Day 3, Ill have a little bit of both. If Im pressed for time and can’t pick up juices anywhere, Ill make my trusty detox smoothie!

2. Sweat House

I tried this for the first time about a month ago after hearing about a ton of celebrities and influencers doing it and let me just say, WOW. If you haven’t heard about it before it’s similar to a tanning bed but the whole point is to sweat sweat sweat it out. You put on a thick sweat suit (sweat pants + sweater), then you’re wrapped up like a burrito and you lay in the comfy bed and watch Youtube or Netflix while you get your sweat on! It’s similar to a being in a sauna. You manage to sweat out all the toxins in your body and leave feeling incredibly refreshed. I felt like a completely different person after!

3. Hot Yoga

I have a love/hate relationship with hot yoga. I hate it while it’s happening, but the second it’s over I’m so happy I did it! I mean, I’m all sweaty and gross afterward but I feel great. Everything about hot yoga is good for you. First, you get an amazing workout. Second, all that stretching is so good for you. And third, SWEAT! It’s good for your body, it’s good for you skin and anytime I do hot yoga I shed so much water weight.

Like I said before, these tips aren’t for long-term weight loss by any means. Do you have any healthy tips you do when trying to take a little weight off?

sigxo_chriselle

• These are good tips to beat the bloat. Thx for sharing.

• Great tips! Thank you for sharing! :)

❤️️xoxo,
    Lily | pslilyboutique.com
    PSLily Boutique

• ALIONA says:

Great tips. Please check out my London Fashion Week post and vlog!

Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

Instagram @alionawithlove

YouTube @alionawithlove

• Kiran says:

If you have a working liver, intestines, and kidneys, all your toxins are taken care of. Your body does not sweat out toxins. Sweat is not composed of toxins.
    – A doctor

• Thank you Kiran for dispelling the ridiculous myth about how the body is able to ‘sweat out’ toxins – yet another fitness myth perpetuated by the fitness industry to squeeze more money out of consumers..

• I’m headed to Mexico soon and need all the tips I can get!!! So doing all of this.

xoxo
    Lourdes

• Alisha Ricki says:

I love juicing as a detox! Great post xo, Alisha Ricki | Life(Style) &Travel,

• Linda says:

These are all such great tips! Can’t wait to start trying them out!

Linda
    Typically Linda || Instagram

• Great tips Chriselle! I’ve been juicing myself for the past months now. I try to do a cleanse once every two months!

• I am lucky rarely to retain much water, but I love something like a juice cleanse every once in a while to set back my taste buds from too many sweets and beat the cravings.

Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

• Vivian says:

Shape house sounds intense!

Vivian | LIVE . IN . LOVE

~

• lovey says:

I’m trying to lose 5lbs right now! Thanks for the great tips!
    xoxo

Love from

• Leah says:

I want to try the juice regime.

• Elizabeth says:

Thank you so much for these great tips, Chriselle! I tend to retain water weight (specifically on my face), so I’m definitely going to try these tips the next time I have a big shoot too! <3 :) Thank you for sharing!

XO, Elizabeth

• Jennifer says:

Never tried any of these but these are good to keep in mind before big events!

• Kesly says:

Thank you so much for these awesome tips! I will definitely try them out since I have a special event coming soon and I just need to lose that little bit of extra water weight!

• Susanna says:

Looove a good sauna! You feel so amazing afterwards. And I live in Bali, here every yoga class is a hot yoga class, haha!

• Lauren says:

Yes! Bikram is my jam. Corepower and Suja happen to be my weekly favorites 😀

xx
    Lauren

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

Healthier habits are always a winning topic … love a good ritual anything! Great post as always! :)

❤LA BIJOUX BELLA❤ | BY MIA | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• […] before a big photo shoot, event, or if I’m walking a runway show. from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2017/02/3-tips-lose-5-lbs/ from Tumblr […]