283a0042
Fitness, LIFESTYLE

What’s in My (GYM) Bag

When I feel like my 5 Minute Fitness Commitment just isn’t going to cut it for the day, a good sweat session at the gym is in order! And,  just like the proper carry-on essentials when you travel, there are a few of things I can’t go to the gym without! So, keep scrolling to discover what my gym bag essentials are!

283a0105
283a0094

1. Headphones

Nothing can get you into the zone quite like some good music. If you’re on a machine like a treadmill or elliptical, a solid playlist can help you get pumped and makes the time go by faster! I used to work out with earbuds, but I found that they can fall out of my ears easily, so switching to headphones made the biggest difference (not to mention the difference in noise cancellation).

2. Reusable Water Bottle

An absolute must for working out. And, as someone who doesn’t drink much water, a cute water bottle is a lot more fun to drink out of! You’re getting your much needed hydration, and helping the environment! It’s a win-win. The #CINCteam makes sure to carry their water bottles to work too, to keep at their desks. When it’s staring you in the face, you’re much more inclined to drink. (Plus, if you can find one that’s machine washable, it makes life so much easier)!

3. Hand Sanitizer

Okay, so not to be a germaphobe or anything, but gyms can smell a little nasty at times. Even when you wipe down the machines with the handy little wipes that they provide, I feel that its better to be safe than sorry, right? Carrying a little bottle of hand sanitizer is a great way to help you feel clean after touching all of those weights and machines.

4. Hair Bands

A girl can never have too many hair ties, but why is it that you always end up with just one? I try to keep as many as I can in my gym bag just in case. Though I usually go to the gym in a ponytail or a braid, having a couple in my bag to help a friend in need, or even to tighten my own hair makes hair ties a total gym bag essential (same goes for bobby pins)!

5. Shower Wipes

I discovered these shower wipes not too long ago and I knew they’d fit perfectly into my gym bag. They kind of look like the wipes I carry around for Chloe- and if you’re a mom you know how much of a lifesaver those are! The shower wipes are designed to give you a mini refresh after a workout when you don’t have enough time to shower (sometimes very necessary)!

283a0144

283a0149
283a0138
283a0142

6. Mini Toiletries

If you do have enough time to shower, I always carry a mini toiletry set in my gym bag. A shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion in a travel size works just as well in your carry on as it does your gym bag! Nothing beats a shower at home, but if you have to shower at the gym, having your favorite products that make you feel like home works too!

7. Deodorant

This one is simple. B.O. is gross, use deodorant.

8. Dry Shampoo

Don’t feel like washing your hair? A little bit of dry shampoo can go a long way!  They smell great and can help de-grease your hair after a workout. Plus, they give your hair instant body and volume! What’s not to love?

9. Face Mist

Face mist is a purse staple, a travel essential staple, a beach bag staple and now a 100 percent gym bag staple! It’s the little burst of hydration and comfort your skin needs after a workout. And if you like taking a hot shower after a workout like I usually do, your face could definitely use a little mist of moisture.

10. Mouthwash

Last but not least, mouthwash. Just like your skin or hair could use a little refresh after a workout, who’s to say your breath doesn’t too? I found this all natural mouthwash a little while ago after a recommendation from one of the girls on the #CINCteam and I can honestly say I love it! It’s all the great things about using mouthwash (healthy smile, fresh breath) but with all the benefits of being natural.

283a0053

So there you have it! The 10 things I always carry in my gym bag. Of course, I usually have a few granola bars or almonds, and I throw in my makeup bag just in case, but these 10 items are my gym essentials for a reason. So what’s in YOUR gym bag? Let me know below!

sigxo_chriselle

• Izzi says:

Great picks! Love the essential and the style

• […] I should put in my gym bag. This is a very useful post that I’ll start to implement for Monday’s gym […]

• Patricia says:

Love your gym clothes and love all the goodies!
    Come and visit my blog! XOXO

• Ellese says:

Really love what you pack for the gym. A snack goes a long way for me! Sometimes I am starving after a run and need to replenish before a shower. I love love love your workout gear! Super cute! Thanks for sharing. Xo, Ellese

Rock.Paper.Glam.

• Sheela Goh says:

I just purchased the chrome version of the Swell water flask for my husband for Christmas :) and I have my invaluable Tea Tree 70 Mist Toner from LJH in my gym bag, such a life saviour, as well as my Band-Aid Friction Block. Sometimes those short socks dip way too low, and blisters are nasty evil things.

• Mavis Guo says:

It reminds me that I really need to start to do some exercise from now on

• Sheila Joy says:

Totally obsessed with your active wear! Carrying sanitizer and wipes is a great idea x

• Martina says:

Fantastic outfit !!!! I Love this gym bag

• Linda says:

I’ve been meaning to start going to the gym. Hopefully, I’ll finally start going this year! All of your posts always encourage me and motivate me to want to start!

Linda
    Typically Linda || Instagram

• Elisângela says:

Also not to be a germophobe, but I also have some flip-flops in my gym bag 😊, so I don’t get to put my feet on the wet floor if I got time to shower at the gym 😳👍🏽

Love your posts Cinc team ♥
    Xoxo E.

• Elizabeth T. says:

Great tips! I never would’ve thought to include mouthwash in my gym bag, but now that you mention it, it does seem like a good item to include :) Loving all of these workout themed posts in the last 2 days! Thank you for sharing Chriselle!

XO, Elizabeth

• Emily says:

Nice post keep doing efforts and good luck for 2017.Get Nasty Dress Coupons at cartin coupon

• Jyoti says:

I will hit the gym tomorrow…. 😬😬😬fitness posts are so motivating!! While I have most of the above list…. I do have the same issue with earbuds.. need to buy a new pair of headphones..!! Thanks Chriselle.. lots of love ❤️

• Charlotte says:

That marble print active set is pure perfection!

Charlotte

• Leah says:

I really need to invest in some good headphones. Earbuds drive me crazy! Could you share a couple of playlists that you listen to while working out?

• Caitlin says:

Love seeing fitness posts! Super motivating :)

Caitlin, Beauty & Colour

• mainou says:

Thanks for sharing Chriselle! Headphones & water bottles are definitely part of my essentials too
    -mainou

• In my gym bag I definitely keep a water bottle and granola bar!

• […] travel, there are a couple of things I can’t go to the gym without! from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2017/01/whats-in-my-gym-bag/ from Tumblr […]

• Ashley says:

Great picks as usual. Love the headphones!

XOXO, Ashley

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

All the great little things to have in a fitness bag. :)

❤LA BIJOUX BELLA❤ | BY MIA | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• Polly says:

I also carry a mini bottle of sanitizer with me everywhere I go. There’s nothing wrong with making sure your hands are clean!

Polly

• Lovey says:

Perfectly perfect style! Love all your essentials!
    xoxo