Home / Decor 2 years ago

5 Must-Haves for a Cozier Home

With the turn of the season, it’s time to refresh the home with chic and cozy updates that’ll make all of your holidays guests feel warm and welcome. Today we’re sharing our top five must-have items perfect for cozying up. Enjoy!

A Fur Pillow

Add a sense of warmth to your seating by replacing your linen or cotton pillows with warmer and more textured materials such as velvet, hair-on-hide, or fur (our favorite for the season, including some great faux options!). Fur pillows have a soft touch that’s so inviting and relaxing, and their plush figure adds a touch of glam to a living room or bedroom space!

A Warm Throw

There’s nothing better than curling up with a good book next to the fire with a warm throw blanket. This is a décor item you’ll actually end up using—but it also makes your home look great when it’s tossed over the arm of your sofa. Choose from several warm and cozy materials, from a casual cotton-loomed throw to a warm wool alpaca throw blanket, to a heavy and luxurious cashmere throw.

Candle Lighting

Candles make any space feel a little warmer and cozier! Plus, you can choose a great scent befitting the time of year you’re celebrating. Fill your mantle with candles placed in romantic, country style candle holders for some winter woodland charm. Or if your design style is more modern, go with a sleek black, silver, or gold candle holder.

A Plush Rug

Softness and warmth underfoot is critical for when guests arrive for the holidays. Nobody likes cold feet on hardwood floors! Whether it’s a classic wool rug for the living room or even a sheepskin layering rug for in front of the fire, extra padding is a wintertime must!

A Nook for Napping

Our last tip for a cozier home is to transform a corner of your home into a cozy, wintertime nook. Add a bench or push a sofa up against the wall and layer with pillows and blankets!

Credits:

Photo One | Photo Two | Photo Three | Photo Four | Photo Five | Photo Six | Featured Image

House Renovation Update

If you guys follow me on Instagram, you’ve seen bits and pieces of the process!

Home / Decor 7 days ago

How to Create the Perfect Instagram Worthy Corner

So what better way to start small than to decorate the perfect Instagram worthy corner! You know what kind of corners I'm talking about- those perfectly curated yet totally effortless slices of Insta-worthy heaven? Well, they all have some things in common.

Home / Decor 6 months ago

Cozy Bed 101

If you asked me what I would need to get I was clueless (anyone feel me on this?) so I did some research! So pull up a seat and grab your notes, it's Cozy Bed 1o1

12 Days of Chriselle 11 months ago

12 DAYS OF CHRIS-elle: Day 8

If I’m not at home with Allen and Chloe, you’ll catch me in the office working with my team! It’s truly our home away from home so I like it to feel as warm and inviting as possible! Since the CINCteam and I spend so much time here, we do our best to create a space that we all truly love.

12 Days of Chriselle 2 years ago

5 Steps to Get Your Home Holiday Ready

It's official. The holidays are here, which means that you need to get your home ready for all of the friends and family that'll be visiting you this year. Today, we've invited Kathy Kuo back to the blog to talk about the five steps she always remembers to take before the doorbell rings.

Home / Decor 2 years ago

Holiday Hostess Gift Guide

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week and Christmas is right around the corner? If our schedule is anything like yours, there are several holiday parties on the horizon and lots of hostess gifts to buy and give, but sometimes it can be tricky to find an appropriate gift.

Home / Decor 2 years ago