Beauty, Skin Tips

The Korean 7 Skin Method

Not too long ago, I wrote a post about the Korean Glass Skin trend (if you haven’t checked it out yet click here to get caught up to speed!) and you guys really loved it! It really inspired me to find even more interesting Korean skincare trends that are noteworthy. When I found out about the 7 Skin Method, I knew I had to test it out and tell you guys all about it!

Basically, the 7 Skin Method is a skincare routine to really hydrate your skin by using a toner/essence seven times. Yes, you read that right! Seven times! So keep scrolling to discover some of my favorite toners are and to find out what I thought about the 7 Skin Method and how it helped my winter skin.

So while a toner might not be of paramount importance for your skincare routine- I’ve found that they’re a great way to totally clear your skin of any remaining grossness from the day (i.e: dust, pollution, impurities) and add some amazing extra hydration. Overall, a toner is a water-based liquid that has tons of plant extracts and essentials oils added into it (all which depend on the toner or essence and what it does.)

I use my toner post- cleanse and pre-moisturizer which is the point in my skincare routine that I decided to give the 7 Skin Method a try! There’s always the question of cotton-pad vs. bare hands for applying your toner/essence- and personally, I don’t have a preference! For the first of the 7 applications- I used a cotton pad (like this) so I can see what the remaining impurities on my face were and then used my hands for the other 6 applications.

This method is a tiny bit time consuming as you’re supposed to wait around 3 minutes between each application! I didn’t have that kind of time so I simply fanned my face with my hands to speed up the drying process before moving on to the next application.

After the 7 applications- I was genuinely pleased with how firm and glowy my skin felt and looked! Not even overnight, either- the results were immediate! My skin felt amazingly hydrated and the texture was as smooth as a baby’s bottom.

Finding a toner that’s right for you is just as important as the method itself! I gathered some of my favorites for you to shop below! After I finished with the 7 Skin Method, I finished my routine with a great serum (I used this one here or this one) and a light moisturizer like this one followed by my face roller (more on that soon). But of course, depending on your skin type and how you feel after the 7 layers of toner- you might not even need anything else on your skin!  Listen to what your skin needs!

What do you guys think? Are you guys going to try the 7 Skin Method? Let me know down below and have a great day!

• Valerie says:

I’ve started using a toner for my skin and my face has become so clear and hydrated! x

• intelseg says:

Elizabeth says:,thanks a lot for the article post.Much thanks again. Fantastic.

• Crazy that there’s 7 steps. Seems like it would take forever!

• kokul says:

Elizabeth says:,thanks so much for the post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

• Nicky E says:

Thanks for sharing this amazing post! Love the photos and the content itself. I have always been intrigued by the products from SK-II, and this post made me want to try it even more!

• Patrik says:

Elizabeth says:, thank you for your blog post.Really thank you! Awesome.

• Alexia says:

The pics are gorgeous ! Thank you for sharing this process, I’ve never heard of it before. I have to try it ASAP. Do you use the same toner for the 7 applications? Bisous bisous

• christine says:

must use the hydrating type of toner for this method (more gentle), cleansing toners are too harsh

• Jenny says:

There’s a great YouTube Video by a Korean Girl called Gothamista. Type in her name and then – seven skin method for glowing skin. It shows how to properly do this. When you’re done watching this, watch the one called “the best hydrating toners,” also by Gothamista.. She gives various options of toners to use at different price points. NOTE: In Korea they use the word “skin” for “toner.”

• Jasna says:

I heard there are also 3 step and 5 step versions,if for some people 7 steps is a bit too much:)

• Elizabeth says:

Your skin looks flawless! <3 🙂 And ooh that Innisfree serum is one that i've been using for so many years now! It's so moisturizing and good!

XO, Elizabeth

• Jennifer says:

Wow! That’s really interesting. I had no idea about this trend. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• Vivian says:

I think I’m close to a 7 step skin method these days! I never knew 3 minutes is an ideal waiting time between applications, I just slap it all on!

Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• Lisa merkle says:

Love the toner and your skin care recommendations!

• Natali says:

I’ve been loving your beauty posts, you’re helping a lot, thank you for sharing!

• Nikki says:

Now this is something I haven’t heard before!
    Seems extremely interesting, definitely going to try it out.

• Marianne says:

Your skin definitely looks absolutely amazing! I always enjoy reading your beauty and skincare tips <3

• My skin isn´t very dehydrated, so I never felt the need to try that method, but I have heard people get amazing results with it.

Anne|Linda, Libra, Loca

• […] Basically, the 7 Skin Method is a skincare routine to hydrate your skin by using a toner seven times. Yes, you read that right! Seven times! So keep scrolling to discover some of my favorite toners and to find out what I thought about the 7 Skin Method. from The Chriselle Factor […]