LIFESTYLE

Courtesy Call

Okay, picture this: You’re at a friend’s place and you really gotta go. Not leave the party, but you know, go. If you love entertaining as much as I do (if it’s not my family or my team, I seem to always have someone at my place these days!) you know how important it is to make sure your guests feel as comfortable and at home as possible and that all starts in the bathroom!  So before you head into the weekend, I wanted to share with you my bathroom etiquette tips!

Shop Diptyque Scented Oval

Shop P.F Candle Co. Room Spray

Shop Santa Maria Novella Fragrance

1. Light and Airy

If you have a window and natural light in your bathroom, that’s a major win. If not, keeping everything from the paint color to the towels and shower curtain a bright white helps keep your bathroom looking light and airy. A bright clean space is very inviting, not to mention some pretty fresh flowers are great if you have guests coming over or not!

2. Display the Pretty Things

Displaying my pretty products (like this Tom Ford lipstick or this J.Hannah Nail Polish) is my way of decorating practically. But if keeping your products out on the vanity isn’t your thing, try picking up some cute boxes or baskets to store everything in! That way it will visually look great while helping totally declutter.

3. Candles, Candles, Candles

Candles are an amazing multi-use product I always have on hand. First off, they smell great. Second, they look great. And finally, after you’ve burned through them, you can keep the pretty jar and use it for storage! I use old candles to store cotton swabs in and even makeup brushes! (To get leftover wax out of the jar, just fill with hot water, let it sit for a few minutes, then using a butter knife, loosen up the old wax!) If you’re not keen on an open flame in your bathroom, a diffuser like this or this Diptyque Scented Oval smells great and is so chic it almost looks like art!

4. If You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go

It happens to all of us and often times at the wrong times but, sometimes you’ve just got to go #2! That’s where this comes in: Post-Poo Drops from AesopOne of the girls on the CINCteam introduced this to me and I’ve been obsessed ever since! After you flush, drop a few drops into the toilet bowl after you flush to neutralize unwanted smells. The bathroom instantly smells of lovely citrus while totally masking anything, ahem, unpleasant. It also doesn’t hurt to have a great smelling room-spray like this one on hand!

5. Clean Up in a Pinch

If you’ve got some last minute guests coming over, or you just need to tidy up in a pinch, you can never go wrong with these three steps:

1) wipe everything down with a disinfecting wipe. And I mean everything- countertops, sink, toilet, anything that you could possibly touch.
2) Clean the mirror! It’s amazing how much of a difference something so simple can make.
3) Finally, two words: Magic. Eraser. Heaven sent.

Do you have any tips on bathroom etiquette that you swear by? I want to know! Tell me in the comments below and have a great weekend!

sigxo_chriselle

• […] of The Chriselle Factor shares about Bathroom Etiquette in her post Courtesy Call and you definitely want to check this out before having guests over for the first […]

• Mia says:

Enjoyed this post! Great idea and very helpfully xx

• very useful tips as always 🙂

Miki xx

littletasteofbeauty.blogspot.it

• Vivian says:

You look flawless~ I didn’t even know there were such things as post poo drops ahhaha

Vivian | LIVE . IN . LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

~

• Nicolette says:

I didn’t know Aesop even had those sort of poo drops! Ha, I only knew about their skincare but this is great. Their stuff smells amazing. 🙂

Nicolette | http://www.nicolette.co

• Jennifer says:

This was definitely an interesting but much needed post! Haha.
    Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• Elizabeth says:

Thank you so much for these great tips, Chriselle! <3 🙂 Loving the recommendation about the Aesop drops too! LOL! My first time hearing about it, and it sounds so interesting!

XO, Elizabeth

• The healthiest thing you can do that doesn’t have ‘fragrance’ is light a match. The sulfur covers all the bad smells and voila! I always have a pack of pretty matches in my guest bathroom.

• Exquisite fragrance choice!

You can’t go wrong with Santa Maria Novella, especially unconventional beauties like Frangipane, Tabacco Toscano or the soapy Muschio Oro.

• chichi says:

such a thoughtful and practical post!

• I simply adore AESOP. I had no idea they made those miracle drops!

XOXO //
    SINCERELY OPHELIA | NYC Petite Fashion Blogger

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

Oh what a cute post … great scents are always welcome in any room of the house, especially when courtesy calls! 🙂

🌸🍃LA BIJOUX BELLA 🌸🍃| By Mia | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• Ashley says:

Great tips! What a cute setup 🙂

XOXO,
    Ashley | R e a s y u m e

• Hayley Mawson says:

Such a great topic, love the tips! I will most definitely be looking into purchasing some of these products. Also, gorgeous pictures!

• This is such a lovely bathroom. I love the tips and this is pretty what my bathroom is all about. all mirrors and white with a big window that allows a lot of natural light in. Then candles, diffusers and my fave cosmetics only . Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos

• Kritsida says:

I love having candles and diffusers in my restroom as well. Nothing says a great restroom better than a fresh smell! I love all your little knick knacks here.
    x. kritsida

• Olivia says:

This is such an untouched topic!I love these tips and am getting those drops asap!!
    xoxo

Checkout new weekend style on my blog!

• Mina says:

Great tips! I use essential oils for the bathroom. If you get a little glass spray bottle with some disenfecting oils, like thieves for example, add some smelly good ones of your choice, your bathroom with smell awesome! And as a plus its all natural and the glass spray bottle looks like out. 😉

• Enn Franco says:

Really great tips and very useful! I always make sure my guests feel like at home, wherever they are, in the kitchen, bathroom or the living room.

• Paul says:

Love this look

• […] You know how important it is to make your guests feel as comfortable and at home as possible. And that all starts in the bathroom. Here are my tips for the perfect bathroom! from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2017/07/courtesy-call/ […]