Dear Madeline

When I set my eyes on this Valentino dress (more affordable option here!), I knew I had to have it. It instantly reminded me of Madeline, which is one of my favorite books from my childhood. I’ve recently started reading to Chloe more, and the story of Madeline is one of my favorite stories to read to her. Even though she’s not old enough to really understand it yet, I’m pretty sure Madeline is one of Chloe’s favorites too! Like mother like daughter, right? Speaking of my childhood, this dress also reminds me of a Catholic school uniform so wearing this dress brings back a feeling of nostalgia for simpler days. (A more affordable option here!)

As a lot of you guys know, I don’t really wear much color in my day-to-day wardrobe. However, if I do incorporate color in my looks, it seems to always be red! I love adding a pop of red, whether it’s in my lips or my accessories! (This is my favorite red lip right now!) But it’s funny how during Fashion Week this all seems to change. It’s a chance for me to do what I don’t normally do: wear lots of color! If you’re like me and tend to stick to neutral colors, try adding a hint of color! You don’t have to jump into anything crazy. Just start out small, like color in your accessories. Pairing red accessories like I did is the perfect baby step to incorporate more color into your wardrobe!

I’m really sad today because in a few hours I’ll be flying out to Seoul Fashion week and leaving my Chloe bear! Spending these short few days with her was especially bittersweet because she had gotten sick for the very first time, so I really don’t know how I can bear to leave her .. but luckily Seoul is the last destination before fashion week is over! While I’m super excited to take my team to Korea because that’s my home turf, I’ll be counting down the days where I can be home again!

• Lovey says:

You’re an incredible model! Love this style~

• Deborah says:

OMG stunning outfit,you look so classy,love it!

• Konstantina Antoniadou says:

looking fabulous!

• Viviene Kok says:

Have a safe trip Chriselle! I believe Chloe bear will miss you lots and you will have lotsa fun in Seoul too 🙂

Real Life Nerd // http://www.vivienekok.blogspot.com

• Yes to red! I’m starting to minimize my wardrobe and I’m definitely keeping the reds/burgundy variations! x

• Anisha says:

You really look perfectly put together all the time. I would really like to know how u tie that ribbon on ur collar it looks cute ?

• Love the black and white! Stay inspired, xoxo, Robin

• I always loved Madeline too…. especially her dare devil ways! Stay inspired, xoxo Robin at THE INSPIRED

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

You can never go wrong with Valentino … The dress is pure perfection, the one thing that certainly made the look so much Madeline is your long bob hair style. Absolutely suited and beyond innocently beautiful in every way. 🙂

La Bijoux Bella | by mia

• Christy Lau says:

Chriselle, (sh….) you look more beautiful in this dress than the model on Valentino’s website does!! 😛

• TERESA says:

Love that dress and those shoes are delightful! Great look!

CHECK OUT MY LATEST POST http://sapphire-brushstrokes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/nyfw-2015-glamorous-world-of-marchesa.html

• Sarah says:

Those flats are killer! Can’t decide if I love the color or details more!

• Izzy says:

This is so beautiful! Such cute pieces <3

The Quirky Queer

• Elizabeth T. says:

Haha I agree – I normally like neutral colors or simply just black and white, but adding a pop of red really makes such a difference! 🙂
    Really loving this dress – it makes you look so feminine and youthful! <3
    And it's so great that you're reading to Chloe at such a young age 🙂 It'll make such a difference!
    Have fun and be safe in Seoul! Can't wait to see all of the beautiful looks there!

xo, elizabeth t.

• mash says:

So pretty!! Love the shoes <3

Mash | http://www.sarmash.com

• I love the dress and also the affordable option! That’s nice that you share that too as many of us don’t have the opportunity to buy a Valentino dress. So thanks for that link 🙂 I love your make-up on this shoot as well.
    It must be so hard leaving Chloë now she’s ill!! But I bet she’ll be looked after very well. Enjoy yourself in your home country and stay fab!
    Love, Kathleen

• Jalisa says:

This is such a lovely look, Criselle! You look gorgeous, as always 🙂 Sending much love your way!

• mc says:

love the outfit here Chriselle =) I loved the Madeline books too!

• Helen says:

That dress definitely reminds me of Madeline! It’s so cute and I love the preppy style of it. Best of luck in Seoul!

• Diane says:

Such a beautiful minimal outfit! This does remind me of a cute school girl outfit.

xx, Diane || http://www.dizined.com

• I always love a good pop of red! It’s the perfect way to add color to a minimalist wardrobe.

– Dani @ http://www.styledvariety.com

• Cindy says:

You can never go wrong with black and red…gorgeous outfit and beautiful photos by Karen again!

xx, Cindy

• Prudence says:

The mini bag is a really chic statement piece, love it! Cute dress too, love its preppy vibe!

• Christianne says:

You look so polished. I love this style specially the shoes and the bag.
    Xo, Christianne

• sanssouci says:

Love your sophisticated look! Beautiful !

• Natali says:

Superb outfit, so ladylike and classy!!

• Emma says:

Beautiful red accents to this look!

• Paola says:

I love this color combo so much (this week in my blog I’m wearing a red, black and white outfit), this dress is beautiful