5 Tips to Stay Healthy While Traveling

Traveling as much as I have in these last couple of months, I know the most important thing is to stay healthy. From different time zones and jet lag, you need to take care of your body! No matter how successful you are in your career, or how busy you are, health should always come first! So here are my 5 tips to stay healthy while traveling!

1. Don’t Guilt Trip

When traveling it’s easy to indulge! Like how my team and I stuffed our faces with Shake Shack before our flight today. Watch it all on snapchat @chrisellelim! You’re in a new place, you’re off your schedule and routine but it’s important to remember to pace yourself. It’s all about balance, so be careful not to over eat! One morning in NY, I had three pastries for breakfast. Three! Luckily that day I was able to walk everywhere. So, enjoy some goodies while you travel, but balance it out by walking around when you can and exploring the city!

2. Gym

Book a hotel that has a gym! I know, I know, working out is the last thing you want to think about while traveling. You don’t have to do an intense hour-long work out, but even 15 minutes on the treadmill can make all the difference! Or take the subway instead of a cab! It’s more physical activity, cheaper, and a great place to people watch!

3. Healthy Snacks

Carry around a healthy bar, or a small baggie of walnuts or almonds in your purse! It’s better to periodically snack than stuffing your face at the end of the day! Also, snacking helps boost your metabolism! Having health bars really helped out my team and I when we would be out the whole day. Even though we didn’t have time to eat, we were able to snack and keep our energy up!

4. Liquids

Drink lots and lots of liquids! More often than not, when you think you’re hungry, you’re just thirsty! What I like to do when I’m feeling hungry is I’d down a half a bottle of water, then gauge whether I’m actually hungry or not! With all that walking that you’re going to be doing, it’s important to stay hydrated!

5. Vitamins

Make sure you bring your vitamins with you. And lots of Emergen-C! If you remember from my snapchat (@chrisellelim), I got super sick on the first day of Fashion Week, so I chugged Emergen-C the first few days! It totally saved my life. When you’re traveling, you’re exposed to a new environments and a lot of germs! So before you start traveling, or even on the plane, I recommend that you start drinking it to build up your immune system! Always keep hand sanitizer nearby too!

And there you have it! My top 5 tips for staying healthy when traveling! It can be tough, but it’s super important! Do you have any healthy travel tips? Let me know in the comments below!

• Thanks Chriselle. Good advice. I always try and find a hotel with a gym and go there, even if it’s a short session. I found it quite useful too when I visited a country in a different time zone, as visiting the gym at a time when it would be getting very late in my time zone helped me to boost my energy and fight jet lag. Great post!

• pat. says:

I agree, That’s why I always pack a water bottle and snacks; forego guilt; attempt rest; and gym (well four out of five isn’t so bad!).

• Sinthia Mendoza says:

I am a new mom and I really love The way You look , I know how hard is to be git especially when You Have to travel a lot ! I would love to know how you get your flat abd I think it is something The all moms whant to know .
    Thanks for sharing this great post!!!!

• Chriselle says:

Hi Sinthia! you don’t know how much that means to me! & it’s really all about watching my diet & exercising as much as possible! It takes time, but you just have to stick to it! xx Chriselle

• psikoteknik says:

Psikoteknik alaninda gerekli olan temel eğitimlerin tamamlanması ve sürücülerin psikolojik olarak, trafiğe hazırlanması konusunda hizmet vermekteyiz.

• I love the first tip when you mention not to guilt trip and that it is all about balance. Traveling usually means vacation and you want to indulge in vacation! Having a well-rounded one is always good though :)

• Salsa says:

I also like traveling, but I never thought to exercise while traveling. I think I should do it now because it’s very important to stay healthy. Thanks for the reminder and the tips.

• Joules says:

Great simple tips! I try to follow most of these most of the time.

Also loving that sports bra! Super cute from the back.

lifestyle by joules

• Jorj says:

Ah. This made me want to *really* start trying to get healthy. It’s been difficult. I’ve been going at it on and off for months now and I’m currently off. Seeing this has renewed my desire to lead a better lifestyle.

Jorj | Mad Cherry

• sanssouci says:

Love your tips! Beautiful photography as always!

• Definitely love the tips and I think it’s true what you’re saying here, equal parts fun and indulgent! I usually LOVE walking everywhere when I’m visiting a new city. There’s so much to explore and you see so much doing that! :) x

• Vicky says:

These are such great tips. I will remember this when I go travel.

• Sab says:

it’s so informative! love the back of the sports bra + (post baby) body figure you have.

• Viviene Kok says:

Hot mama! I need to be determined to be like you in the future :) By the way, that Rebecca Minkoff sports bra is gorgeous.

Real Life Nerd //

• Kathy says:

Um, how hot is your post baby figure?! Go get em! As a new mommy of a month, I’m trying to start doing my yoga and finding balance with a newborn. It’s tough, especially with breastfeeding. Love my fellow Korean blogger :) I love that you always respond to your readers and engage. Please don’t ever stop doing that. It sets you apart from other bloggers as some think they are too cool for school to respond. Xx Kathy

• Chriselle says:

aw that’s so sweet Kathy! It really means the world to me! & go you! balance is hard, but you’ll find something that works for you! good luck, love! xx Chriselle

• melissa says:

great tips and advice!

• mash says:

Thanks for the awesome tips.

• Keri says:

Great tips. I love the sports bra, super cute.

• Lily says:

Definitely true. Although I feel like 3 pastries for breakfast is quite adequate every once in a while if that’s all your having.

• Danielle says:

Thanks for the tips! When I travel I always walk everywhere and enjoy all the local food that I want. Have a great day!

• Colleen says:

Your pictures are gorgeous! The only problem with exercise while traveling is when it’s winter and you have to stick inside…not as motivating!

• Jada Nicola says:

You look great Chriselle! I love the Rebecca Minkoff active wear.

• Elizabeth T. says:

Great tips Chriselle! :)
    It’s hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle while traveling, but it’s possible! Even small choices, like choosing to walk or ordering the salad over the sandwich at lunch, can make a difference <3
    And you're so fit! Truly an inspiration!

xo, elizabeth t.

• Natali says:

All of these are great tips and I agree on all of them! You’re looking amazing Chriselle, your post baby body is perfect!

• Prudence Yeo says:

I tend to overeat when travelling and always regret it after! Good idea to book a hotel with a gym for some workout if over-eating is an issue…thanks for sharing!

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

Absolute life saver on the Emergen-C, that really helped me too. I absolutely agree health is critically important before any big job comes along. At least, I achieved 4 out of your 5 tips. (I failed on the guilt trips). hi hi! :)
    Very productive and essential points you have . Grazie for sharing as always! :)

La Bijoux Bella | by mia

• Lindsay says:

Love that sports bra!! Great tips!!