Photography by Karen Chen
There are a few things I associate warm weather with. The beach, palm trees, short shorts, and of course bare tan legs! The weather has definitely warmed up in LA, so as of lately i’v been wearing a lot of short shorts & mini skirts. Living in California having that perfect sun kissed look is almost a necessity, but I found that it can get quite tricky in achieving that perfect bronzy sun kissed look naturally. So I thought I would share with you my 5 quick tips on achieving that perfect bronzy look.
1. Adding Highlights/Ombre- I recently added some highlights to the bottom of my hair giving it that Ombre effect. I prefer a soft ombre look which does wonders for most skin tones.
2. Wear White- The color white usually contrasts with any skin color (no matter how light or how dark), so it will instantly make you look darker.
3. Eat Carrots- This may sound ridiculous, but you can eat your way to a natural tan (over time)! Eating carrots on a regular basis is not only incredible for your health, but also for the skin. If consumed on a regular basis, overtime the skin can adapt a more healthy looking hue.
4. Vitamin E- Not only does it protect the skin, but it also helps restore it for a more natural, youthful, & dewy look. I usually take 1 Vitamin E pill a day along with a few others ( If you guys would like maybe i’ll do another post on all the vitals I take on a daily basis).
5. Jergens Natural Glow– Most of the tips above don’t necessarily happen overnight (especially #3 & #4), but if you are looking to achieve glowy & bronzy skin instantaneously I would highly recommend on using the 3 Days To Glow Moisturizer by Jergens Natural Glow. As you know on Instagram I documented my 3 day color transition, and I’m extremely impressed by the results. Not only did I get a full shade darker , but also my scars and bruises have faded into the tan! I immediately saw a color change from day 1, but decided to test out all 3 days. This is great for any of you guys looking for a fast natural looking color change.
Anways I hope that these tips have helped you guys out on achieving that perfect sun kissed look for this spring/summer! It’s all about that Natural Glow!
Dress: AS by DF
Sunglasses: House Of Harlow