The Glassy

With a surprise visit from my family it was an unexpectedly eventful weekend. It was officially my first year skipping out on Coachella, but for some reason I enjoyed seeing all the action from afar or I guess you can say  up close on my phone via Instagram.

Over the weekend I paired this Aviator Sweater from 360 sweater with this Mesh Birdcage skirt.  As I talked about in this post HERE, i’ve recently been simplifying my wardrobe and taking it back to the basics. I’m always on the hunt for great basics with a  a subtle twist to them. Although I have a ceaseless amount of soft cream sweaters, I can say that this aviator pullover adds a cheeky twist to something incredibly classic. Also  finding  the perfect black skirt sounds a lot simpler than the actuality of it. Well, that is until you find this mesh birdcage perfection. It hits perfectly right above the knees, the material is incredibly lightweight & breathable yet perfectly structured, and of course the hidden pockets …what is there not to love?

Photography by Karen Chen

Anyways HAPPY MONDAY! I  hope you all have a lovely start to a brand new week. I’m currently on a plane on my way to New York for a short work trip! I will see you guys shortly on the east side :)

SWEATER- *360 Sweater

SKIRT- *Lord & Taylor  (on sale!) (pink one HERE)

SHOES- Proenza Schouler (in white)

CLUTCH- Givenchy

• Lillian says:

Love this look! Great basics at its best! Love love love. Where are your sunnies from? <3

• Chriselle says:

Thank you Lilian! Sometimes all you really need are great basics! The sunnies are purchased from a random little boutique , the sunnies had no brand name on them! xoxo Chriselle

• Mary says:

cute black and white combo, and nice accent with the floral clutch!

• Such an amazing outfit! Simple, yet so chic and elegant! 😉

• Lauren says:

really love those shades and the length of that skirt!

• Rona says:

Adorable look as always!

Dress To Cook

• Very very classy skirt! Love it

• This outfit is simple yet so chic! =) Very Nice

• Kristi says:

Fabulous sunnies and such a beautiful look on you, Chriselle!
    xx, Kristi

• Oh love the unexpected little detail on the back of the sweater! And love the casualness of this look :) x

• Dilek says:

I love how your office provides an awesome background for your outfit photos. I really like that skirt, and the shoes are very cool! ^^

• Laila says:

I love your style Chriselle! I hope one day I get to visit you on the East Coast:)

• love your shoes and skirt!!
    You get such nice lighting at your office, it’s awesome. hope you had a great weekend!
    Xo, Belen
    Androbel Insider

• shandy says:

Such a fesh outfit and love the glasses

• Really nice outfit! I’m in love with the clutch! It’s just perfection!

• Leesa says:

amazing outfit! So sophisticated!

• pallawi says:

The outfit is simple and effortlessly chic!

• Terrific post however I was wondering if you could write
    a litte more on this topic? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate
    a little bit more. Appreciate it!

• What’s up, everything is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that’s actually fine, keep up writing.

• The skirt is absolutely amazing!.. Love the fabric and the structure!… Not to mention the sandals which match so perfectly with this classic skirt!

• Claire says:

Love the skirt texture! and the sandals too! Just simply chic <3

New Post: Simply White
    xx, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

• mc says:

Love this simple and classic look Chriselle =) Especially with the shoes and floral clutch!

• Great basics! They are great for everyday wear! At least, now I know what I am going to wear on a casual day!<3

• That skirt…is so pretty! I love the silhouette and it looks so light and airy. Gorgeous Chriselle!

xo, Alina

• Giulia says:

Love the detail of the sweater, it’s so cute and unexpected! :) The shoes are amazing, they look comfy too, I definetely need a similar pair! :)
    Have a lovely day!

• Emma says:

Such a cute graphic sweater, it looks great with the midi skirt

• Suevia says:

Love your hair!!! shoes and sunnies!!! gorgeous Chriselle <3

• Ellie says:

Love the jumper: business up front, party at the back. The whole outfit looks very elegant yet comfortable.

• Vivian says:

Love the circle sunnies on you, they’re fab!

LIVE . IN . LOVE

• Melissa says:

Love the scenery, seriously amazing!

• I really think you have the most gorgeous office in the world! And, I love the shape of this skirt.

— Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

• I love the sunglasses! And that skirt looks amazing on you :)