Fashion Week 2 years ago

Elie Saab Couture 2016

[parallax][/parallax]

I’ve been following couture week and couture shows since I can remember. The one show that I’ve always associated with couture is Elie Saab. Their shows are probably some the most pinned items on my mood board for the past seven years. And seven years later, being invited to attend their show, and being dressed by the brand was a total validation that I’m on the right track. Before my fitting, I imagined that I would wear something very feminine, lacy and romantic. But when I saw the pieces at the showroom and the new direction that they’re going in, I instantly gravitated toward this cool two piece track suit. It was equally sporty as it was sophisticated. I have to say it was probably my favorite and the most photographed outfit of the entire week.

Because I’ve been following Elie Saab shows for what seems like forever now, I went into the show thinking I already knew what to expect. But to my surprise it was different than what I had expected in the best way possible! The dramatic collection had a refreshingly modern twist to it. I loved how they styled the elegant gowns with unexpected accessories such as military boots, diamond encrusted hats and even fanny packs! It shows that even couture doesn’t have to be all that serious. It can be fun, young & vibrant! The inspiration behind the collection was India and their muse’s trip to the exotic land. I was left entirely inspired and impressed by the collection. I can’t thank Elie Saab enough for the incredible experience!

Happy Friday everyone!

Credits:

Photography by Karen Rosalie

How To Look Chic on the Go..Always

Sharing 7 of my hacks to looking chic at all times!

Fashion 1 month ago

Paris & Milan Outfits + Trend Report

Sharing 15 of my favorite outfits I wore during Paris and Milan Fashion week over the span of 2 weeks.

Fashion 3 months ago

NYFW FW '17 Recap

Another New York Fashion Week has come and gone, and I feel like it goes by faster and faster each season! I was able to attend so many incredible shows and left each of them more inspired than the last.

Fashion Week 1 year ago

Discover NYFW with Me

Happy New York Fashion Week! It's been an incredibly hectic yet amazing past few days here in New York. Though fashion week is fun it's also very challenging. From managing your schedule to being on time to shows, to fittings, to shooting content in between, and of course to prepping looks, it's a wonder I get any sleep at all!

Fashion 1 year ago

The Magic of Bonpoint

It was absolute magic and I was so thrilled to be invited to the show once again and work with them on this special project. Although I wish I was able to bring Chloe with me, I'm hoping that next couture season (when the weather is warmer) I'll be able to take her to her very first Bonpoint show!

Paris Fashion Week 1 year ago

Paris Couture Week Recap

Although I love fashion week there is something special about couture season. Perhaps it could be that it's less intense of a schedule and there's simply more time to actually enjoy the moment. Here is an overall recap of some of the shows I attended and the outfits I wore during couture week. Enjoy!

Paris Fashion Week 1 year ago