Fashion, TRAVEL

5 Tips to Dress Like A Travel Pro

In these last few months, it’s felt like I’ve spent more time in the air than I have on land! So I teamed up with Puma and Bloomingdales to talk about my 5 tips on traveling comfortably while still looking chic! It’s safe to say that I have my comfortable yet chic travel outfit down. Since my flights are usually international, comfort is key. There used to be a time when I wouldn’t dream of wearing sweatpants and sneakers on a flight, but now – they’re my absolute best friends! Keep scrolling to read my tips!

1. Chic Pair of Sneakers

I’m SUCH a sneaker girl right now, and these from Puma called The Sleek Muse make me feel like I’m walking on a cloud. Not only are they stylish but I’m really loving that they’re super easy to slip on and off even though they have laces as well! Which is perfect for getting through that airport security as quickly and stress-free as possible!

2. Tapered Sweats

For long-haul flights, sweatpants are a must. But when I look for sweats, I always try to find some that are a bit more fitted with a tapered leg. They’re just as comfortable and something about being a little more fitted makes it look a little bit chicer and put together.

3. Always Travel in Layers

Layers are lifesavers! I always wear a t-shirt and a hoodie when I travel and if I’m going somewhere colder, I bring a heavier jacket or coat with me on my carry-on! It’s also great to have something a little heavier to cuddle up with to dual as a blanket on the plane!

4. Minimal Makeup

There’s nothing that will mess up your skin quite like wearing a full face of makeup on a flight. So if you’re up to it- go make up free or at least go minimal (no concealer and foundation as those will really clog up your pores in-flight). Another tip I have is to rock some faux frames (not pictured) to help hide my tired eyes.

5. Always Wear Socks

There’s nothing worse than traveling without socks on a plane. First of all, it’s gross, and second- your toes get so cold! I’m a firm believer in fuzzy socks on the plane, but I also usually wear no-show or invisible socks. That way you still have on socks but you don’t notice them under your sneakers!

sponsored by Puma

Do you guys have a go-to travel outfit that you swear by too? Let me know down below and have a great day!

• Dorothy says:

Where can I buy these sneakers?

• Esther says:

I need to get cute sneakers like this!

• I neeeeeed these shoes!! They’re the perfect shade of blush 🙂 xx

• Natasha says:

I really love those sneakers! Such a great colour x

• Diana says:

Those Pumas look so comfy and that’s the exact color of pink I’d want them in. How cute!

Diana |

• kirsten says:

Fabrics are key too- you need on wear clothes that don’t wrinkle after 12hrs snuggle in your seat.
    Cottons & jeans are fab

While no make up is key- I like to have a perfect mani/pedi to feel like I have made the effort… and a touch of jewellery.

• Lolaslot says:

Thanks for the great tips. It was also cold in the legs on the plane, when I was in sneakers and without socks. :))

• sara nena says:

exactly I truly believe in invisible socks

• Nina says:

I love your look! Confortable but fashion!
    Have a great day pretty!
    La ilusión de Nina-

• Shloka says:

Your travel style is so on point babe! omg – wearing socks is such a must. I once travelled in loafers and my feet were freezing for the whole flight!

• Nikki says:

Love this look and those sneaks are adorable!

• Pamela says:

I have been eyeing that Puma trainers for days. My current trainers need replacement asap. The Puma trainers are very comfy and pretty when I tried it on. But I think that the shoes is more for the airport and indoor only. I don’t think it can withstand outdoor walks with unpredictable weather. Should I listen to my practical side or just indulge??

• Elizabeth says:

Sneakers that are easy to slip in and out of are a must when you’re traveling, especially since it’s such a hassle to get through airport security when you have to lace things up again! 🙂 Loving this super chic and cozy travel ensemble, especially those sweats!

XO, Elizabeth

• Nani says:

I usually travel in leggings! Quite comfy
    But I do love that combi and those sneakers look really Swell!😘

• Kristen says:

Obsessed with this color combo! | Fashion. Lifestyle. Luxury.

• Blu says:

I love wearing leggings and a long sleeved fitted T! My sneakers aren’t as cute as these Puma’s so I usally wear Toms. Love your look and NEED those shoes! Xo

• Maayuk says:

I’m in love with those Puma Shoes <3 and the all white out, so timeless!!! This outfit put together screams chic and effortless.

• Gosher says:

It is most annoying when people with no education lack respect for others (not to mention hygienic reasons) and place their shoe soles on areas designed to seat.

• Nani says:

Get a grip theses poses here are for the article…. it can be annoying but I do not see why that comment here..that was NOT the question!!!!! CHILL

• Matea says:

I love your storys where you show your way to the airport and my favourite part is skincare part. Love this look, so clean, I find myself loving wearing white when I know I will be out for hours because it just make me feel more clean and fresh. I remember buying New Balance sneakers after I saw them you wearing, maybe that will happen with this shoes also, looking so cute.

• Annie says:

Layers on planes are the biggest game changer! It always gets a little cold on the flight. Those sneakers are super cute too!

• Tammy says:

I am living for this look! Those shoes… 😍I need a pair. I’m always in my yoga pants and a comfy hoodie on the plane. I like the matching sweats too 🙂 Cute!!!

xx Tammy

• Britney says:

Love this! I am traveling all over Europe soon and spending hours upon hours on flights, definitely using these tips!

• Loved the tips! I also travel with a scarf so I can double it as a blanket on the plane!
    María Eugenia .

• Ann Melamed says:

I love I want I need those tapered white “jogger” pants! Are they available? Link please? Thank you, love the blog and your fabulous style.

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• Marianne says:

For me comfortability is essential when travelling! 🙂
    I’ll be off to Paris next week – I’ll keep your tips in mind <3

• Tammy says:

Love and just ordered those sneakers! Feels like Balenciaga sneaker without the price tag and cuter in pink!! Great post with beautiful airport pictures! Not sure how you made it look so dreamy but you did!
    xx Tammy

• Chantal says:

Great post & tipps! Love your travel look!

• […] There used to be a time when I wouldn’t dream of wearing sweatpants and sneakers on a flight, but now- they’re my best friends! Keep scrolling to discover my 5 tips on traveling comfortably and still looking chic! from The Chriselle Factor […]

• Tabitha says:

Great post! When I travel I typically wear comfort clothes like yoga pants and t-shirts. I’ve been really wanting to look into Puma’s En Pointe Collection (former dancer), and your shoes are so beautiful!

• Becca says:

Yes, this is the perfect travel outfit! I like to wear my favorite jeans, booties, and a sweater (if not your outfit). I love booties because they’re so easy to slip on and off. I agree with the no makeup as well; it’s better to look and feel as fresh as possible after the flight. I’ve made the mistake of makeup while flying, but not anymore! Great tips for staying chic and comfy. I 100% agree! Xx.

• Jess says:

I love this travel look, it’s super relatable and functional, yet still elevated. You look gorgeous!

xo Jess

• Keri says:

Your travel outfits are literally THE BEST. Always so casual and chic. I am obsessed!

Enclothed Cognition

• Natali says:

These sneakers are so perfect and this is a great and comfy travel day combo! 🙂