Home / Decor

Five Styling Tips for a Dreamy and Serene Bathroom

bathroom_1
bathroom_2

Thoughtful Lighting

The most difficult part of designing a bathroom space is the lighting. To get the best coverage for getting ready to go out, you’ll want a ceiling mount, a mini chandelier, or recessed lights for your main light. We suggest putting your main light on a dimmer to control the ambiance according to the time of day. In the morning, a bright light awakens and rejuvenates the body, but at night, a low soft light can provide a soothing, spa-like illumination. You also want lighting next to your mirror to provide even face lighting (very important for applying makeup!). The best way to do this is called triangulation…basically, place a sconce on each side of the mirror, and then place a third sconce on the wall opposing the mirror.

bathroom_3

bathroom_4

Calming Colors

An all-white bathroom can definitely look stunning, but we always like to encourage color, especially blues, to help create a peaceful and relaxing environment. Cool colors like blues, greens, and violets are easy on the eyes and evoke a state of rest and tranquility. But they also look chic and stunning in a bathroom space!

bathroom_5
bathroom_6

Gracious Greenery

In the living room and kitchen, it’s expected to see flowers and greenery. Don’t neglect this powerful styling tool in the bathroom! Your bathroom will feel fresher and revitalizing with the addition of plants and greenery. It’s also a great way to add color to a white bathroom or give a bathroom a nice, pleasant scent.

Texture and Layers

Bathrooms can often feel flat and one-dimensional. Just like in other rooms of your home, don’t forget to embrace texture. A tufted bathmat, a marble bath sink, or even just a few candles can make all of the difference!

bathroom_8
bathroom_7

Nightstand or Stool

If your bathroom is large enough for storage, turn a small nightstand into a place for small towels, makeup, hair tools, and toiletries. We also like placing a stool (garden stools work great here) next to the tub for easy access to toiletries and a place to sit or put a foot up.

sigxo_chriselle

• Jacqie says:

Great tips, but what would you suggest for rental spaces?

• Diana says:

Wow, you have the best home inspo and tips! Thanks for sharing!

Diana | http://thechicdiary.com/blog/11/10/2016-my-top-5-hair-styling-tools

• Elizabeth says:

I’ve heard a lot of men commenting on women’s obsession with bathroom decor, but honestly, everything is so chic and beautiful, who wouldn’t love it? 😀 Haha I’m loving all of these inspirational photos – it makes me want to redecorate my bathroom right at this very moment!

XO, Elizabeth

• Jenni says:

Wow! Great tips. They’re definitely helpful. 🙂

• I really think lighting is an important factor here and I clearly need to add more greenery to my life! x

• alisha says:

I’m all for the calming colours!! Love them all, now I have the sudden urge to revamp my bathroom lol

xo, Alisha Ricki | Life(Style), Travel, & Culture

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• Darina says:

Wonderful tips! Love these pictures. Very inspiring when you are thinking to renovate the bathroom

• Sophie says:

Dream! Would love the achieve something like this some day 🙂

• Diana says:

Great tips! Can’t wait to have my own place to create my own dreamy bathroom.
    || D I A N A ||

• I spend a lot of time in hear (my skin care routine is extensive!) so comfort and ambiance is important! I have a little makeup vanity in my bathroom that makes makeup and skin care time so much easier!

Angela / Blush & Pearls

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

Wow beautiful decor for the bathrooms. I always love the plush soft round seat in the closet or the bathroom. It’s so beautiful! 🙂

La Bijoux Bella | by mia