Korean Beauty, Skin Tips

5 Anti-Aging Korean Tips

The general skincare sentiment in America is that once you reach a certain age mark, it’s time to change your products over to intensive anti-aging and firming creams. In contrast, Korea doesn’t emphasis that transition as much as they do just overall skincare maintenance from an early age. The fight against age actually starts super early to ensure the appearance of longer and younger lasting skin. Sharing with you guys a few preventative measures you can start taking right now to look forever young! (Okay maybe not forever …) Here are 5 anti-aging Korean tips and products!

chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-6
chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-5

1. Anti-Wrinkle Moisterizer

Remember when I said that oils moisturize your face the best? Well balms are now my new favorite because they have all the moisturizing benefits of oils packed in an emollient base to completely hydrate and revitalize the skin! This Boscia Sake Balm is really unique because it has sake properties that can reverse dullness and dryness of the skin. The texture already feels very hydrating and I love how my skin looks already brighter and healthier after just using it a few times! It’s enriched with the finest grade of sake to improve skin texture and for a healthy looking complexion. When it comes to anti-aging, this product is a must have as it also helps reduce the look of wrinkles!

Shop | Boscia Sake Balm

2. Boosting Collagen BB Cream

On the days where I don’t have to be camera ready, I prefer to wear a light layer of BB cream. This Dr. Jart BB is amazing because it’s infused with white gold to stimulate anti-aging and supports your skin’s natural collagen. Collagen is what keeps your face looking young and bouncy! This BB cream also has SPF 45 sun protection and includes brightening properties. It has natural looking coverage and it’s great for evening out your skin tone. It’s super lightweight so it doesn’t even feel like anything is on, and keeps my skin super smooth!

chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-1-3

chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-4
chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-3

3. Use SPF BB Cream

Like I said in my sunscreen post, one of the best advice I’ve ever received was to wear sunscreen in my early 20’s. This is because sun damage can happen and not show up until years later so it’s super important we do preventative measures now! While it’s all about having the Cali tan in California, Korean women really pride themselves on milky smooth skin. For me I personally like a happy balance of having some color, so I like that this BB cream has a high SPF. Sun protection is a huge deal because there are even women in Korea that carries umbrellas to shield themselves from the harsh sun. I like this BB cream cushion because it’s easy for me to take in my bag for quick touch-ups during the day!

Shop | Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact

chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-2-2
chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-5-2

4. Use a Sleeping Mask

You guys know how much I love masks and this water sleeping mask is inconspicuous enough to use anywhere and everywhere. I think masks are a great way to give your skin a boost of moisture and nutrients every few days just to maintain a healthy glow! This Dr. Jart mask is quick-absorbing and has tons of moisture and nutrients that nourish your skin as you get your important beauty sleep. It’s infused with essential oils so the fragrance also helps to promote a deep sleep, and we all know how important beauty sleep is to looking younger and more refreshed!

Shop | Dr. Jart Water-Max Sleeping Mask

chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-8
chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-9

chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-4-2

5. Use Sheet Masks

When I put Chloe down to bed around 8pm that’s when I start my work and beauty routine! If you guys follow me on snapchat you might see me religiously putting on sheet masks every other night. That’s because sheet masks are amazing for instantly revitalizing your skin and not to mention it’s super popular in Korea! There’s probably a sheet mask for any skin issue you can think of, but I’m really in love with Too Cool for School’s egg cream sheet mask. When you remove the sheet mask from its packaging you can already tell that it’s going to be incredibly moisturizing. It’s infused with egg white and egg yolk extract so it’s extremely hydrating and leaves the skin immediately radiant. It also helps firm your skin for a younger-looking appearance, which I’m all for! Just leave the mask on for 10 – 20 minutes and gently peel it off to reveal luminous and radiant skin!

Shop | Too Cool For School Egg Cream Sheet Mask

chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-6-2

chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-2
chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-7

And last but not least, anti-aging is also a lifestyle! Drink lots of water and eat healthy! When I’m in Asia I notice that I eat a lot less sweets. Koreans consider fruit as dessert and free dessert on the house is a often a fruit platter or dried up fruit. Culturally I think it’s because people understand the benefits of fruit and eating healthy. Of course there are cute cafes with pastries but in traditional restaurants they usually give you fruit and cold sweet drink shikae (a sweet Korean rice drink) after every meal. And of course opting for green tea rather than soda or coffee is always a plus. Taking care of yourself is the first step towards a beautiful you!

chriselle_lim_anti_aging_korea-3-2

And there you have it, my 5 tips for anti-aging! I love all of these products & I know you will too! And guess what- they’re all available at Sephora! Do you guys have any anti-aging tips that you always do? Share with me in the comments below!

sigxo_chriselle

• Christine says:

Do you recommend using both a sheet mask and sleeping mask on the same night? Thank you!

• 33Chad says:

I must say it was hard to find your website in search results.
    You write awesome articles but you should rank your blog higher in search engines.
    If you don’t know 2017 seo techniues search on youtube:
    how to rank a website Marcel’s way

• Amazing images. Great tips, totally saving this in bloglovin, I want my skin to look like yours! Always been a fan of your youtube videos, you always give great fashion and beauty advice.

• Great tips as always, Michelle.
    Thanks
    xoxo

• Carolyn says:

I just got that Dr. Jart+ sleeping mask and can’t wait to use it!

• Elizabeth T. says:

I agree with all of these tips 🙂
    Taking care of your skin at an early age really makes such a difference <3
    Can't wait to try the Too Cool for School masks! I've heard such great reviews about them!

XO, Elizabeth

• Desimira says:

I think that I would like to try each one of these products.
    And your pictures look fantastic <3

• Katherine says:

Cool tips, I love using SPF BB cream, the laneige one is my favorite!

• Kymberley says:

I love this! I will definitely be using these products soon!

• Cindy says:

Oh where do I even begin…I love coming to your site Chriselle cuz your photos just have that magical touch. Every post is like a magazine spread (I might be Karen’s biggest fan :D). Thanks for sharing – sheet masks are my favorite!

xx Cindy

• Violette says:

Thank you Chriselle for sharing some tips! I do believe that drinking a lot and eating healthy is really important for our skin! x

V.

• Deevya says:

Hey Chriselle, Thanks for sharing the wonderful tips. I so want to try the egg mask and ofcourse control my sugar intake. 😛

• Ashley says:

Beautiful pictures!! Thank you for the tips 🙂

• Nice picks! I’m new to Korean brands but I’m always up for trying something new!

• Kiara King says:

See, I wish I had’ve taken better care of my skin when I was younger. I’m in my mid-twenties, which is by no means old at all, but I am seeing a few thin lines already. I think of all the times I spent out in the sun without sunscreen on – what was I thinking!? Now days I am so pedantic about putting on sunscreen before I go out. And I always implement my skincare routine in the AM and PM.

My biggest tip, while not Korean, is to wear an antioxidant serum before applying makeup in the morning, as it will protect your skin from outside pollution. I know I’ll thank myself in decades to come!

Kiara <3 // http://www.lioninthewild.com

• KELLIE says:

Thank you Chriselle for the amazing tips!

I have never tried masks before but I am intrigued by the Egg Cream Masks! I am wondering what type of products (if any) you would apply following a mask to maximize its benefits?

Kellie

• Irene says:

Chriselle,
    Great tips! Can you share which shade you are using the Dr. Jart’s BB cream?
    Thanks,
    Irene
    Blameitonstyle.com

• Michelle says:

Hi Chriselle,

Seriously great tips~ As a fellow Korean, I totally trust their anti-aging products. Quick question, I know you’ve done posts on specific turtle neck sweaters, but I was wondering if you could do a post on the different types of turtle necks that are trending (I know there’s the traditional kind, and more chic versions of them as well) and how you would dress them up and down? I am going through a turtleneck craze and feel like the only way I can wear them is with a leather jacket or blazer or uncollared coat, but I wondering if there are other ways to mix it up? Thanks 🙂

• Jalisa says:

Such great tips, Chriselle! Korean women are known for taking their beauty regimen very seriously and always look fab as a result, so I really appreciate you sharing these tips, which I will certainly try out! Have an amazing weekend, beauty!

XO,

Jalisa

• Athena says:

Thanks these helpful tips! Can you do a blog post in the near future sharing your favorite type of teas?

Have a wonderful weekend!

• Lovey says:

Amazing tips! I will have to try the egg face mask and flower tea. Less sweets (less sugar intake) is probably a big part of beautiful Asian skin~
    xoxo

• sahara says:

I love sheet masks! so great and effective !

• Lulu says:

Thank you Chriselle for another well-polished post. Reading your blog always makes me feel like I’ve undergone a detox for some reason. I’m not complaining though, keep up the beautiful work. 🙂

• Love this post and all the info on these beauty products! I agree, skincare is definitely something that we should maintain for the long run. Our skin is with us for life, so just like brushing our teeth or cutting our hair, we need to take care of it and keep it in good shape! If people invest in their skin early on they will reap the rewards later. Great spotlight on different Korean beauty tips!

Dani | http://www.styledvariety.com

• Deborah says:

I love corean beauty products,they’re the best!

STYLURE
    STYLURE
    STYLURE

• sasa says:

These are the best:P

Shall We Sasa

• Katie says:

You have so many great skincare tips!

Katie

My Halloween Checklist is up on the Blog today!

• Luna says:

Magnificent these images, make me want to try all the products you mention. Compliments a great post. 🙂
    Luna

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

All these delicious beauty products are certainly good enough to eat. I can certainly take a sip from the Boscia Sake Bakm and for sure eat an egg cream mask for breakfast. So enticingly delightful at the same time encouragingly beautiful. Great ideas for the love of beauté all around the world. 🙂

La Bijoux Bella | by mia