5 Denim Styles to Try if You’re Sick of Skinny Jeans

Hey guys, it’s Hannah again! If you follow me on Instagram, you might remember that I was in Europe back in January! It was an amazing trip, but there’s not much like the crushing reality of coming home to realize that the washer and dryer in your apartment are broken. Like, there’s-water-leaking-from-the-motor broken. It is now March and my washer/dryer is STILL broken which means that I haven’t done laundry since January. Which ALSO means that my two pairs of black skinny jeans have been at the bottom of my hamper.

If you know me, you know I wear a lot of black denim. So suddenly not being able to wear my black skinny jeans meant I had to branch out. Who knew that there’s an entire world of denim out there? So if necessity is the mother of all invention, then it’s for sure the mother of all fashion risks too. Here are 5 denim styles to try if you’re sick of skinny jeans.

Body Suit: Urban Outfitters | Belt: Vintage (Similar Here) | Jeans: Zara (Similar Here) | Shoes: Gucci | Bag: Pop & Suki

Mom jeans are totally the new skinny jeans. As my only form of clean black denim, I’ve been rocking the mom jeans nonstop since I got home from Europe. They’re high-waisted, slightly cropped above the ankle and actually really flattering.

T-Shirt: Hanes | Jeans: Madewell (Similar Here) | Shoes: Zara (Similar Here)

I got these jeans last summer on sale at Madewell and I love that they’re still in! Last year I wore them constantly. They’re crazy comfortable, so I usually wear them on days when I want to wear jeans but I don’t want to put on jeans… does that make sense?

Top: Zara (Similar Here) | Jeans: 7 For All Mankind | Platform Heels: Zara (Similar Here)

Nothing makes your legs look longer than a good pair of high-waisted flare jeans. The slit detail in these is so much fun, too! I usually save these for more fancy things as opposed to work because I have to wear heels with them in order for the hem to not drag on the floor.

T-Shirt: Hanes | Jeans: J Brand | Shoes: Gucci

I’m blaming my obsession with straight leg jeans on Jeanne Damas 100 percent. I just love how effortless it looks, not to mention how comfortable it is! The jeans I’m wearing here are actually a pair of boyfriend jeans that I loosely unrolled!

Sweater: Zara (Similar Here) | Jeans: J Brand | Shoes: Zara (Similar Here) | Bag: Pop & Suki

Playing around with silhouettes and proportions is one of my favorite things about fashion, and the kick flare jeans are the perfect example of that. They’re universally flattering and look good with just about anything!

Which style is your favorite? Are you over skinny jeans, too? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to follow me on Instagram as you wait ever so patiently for my next post! 😉

x Hannah

• Tammy says:

Super cute! I can’t get enough of Mom jeans and Straight leg jeans these days and the crop styles are so nice for Spring/Summer. I love how you styled the Hanes tee with different jeans – so versatile and effortless. You look great! ❤️

xx Tammy

• Valerie says:

Love, love, love mom jeans!x

• Nikki says:

Love the wide leg crop pants!
    They look super cool.

• Not gonna lie.. super jealous of how good you look in those mom jeans. Give us your flat tummy secrets, Hannah!

• […] Source: 5 Denim Styles to Try if You’re Sick of Skinny Jeans […]

• I mainly wear skinny jeans but I really want to venture out and try other types of jeans. Maybe it’s just too intimidating for me to start, oddly enough, haha.

• I reallllllly want to get my hands on a pair of mom jeans that aren’t too frumpy! Going to check out the suggestions xx

chevrons & éclairs

• ivana split says:

my fav were always the flare jeans…you look amazing in all of these!

• Virginia says:

Chica, después de tanto tiempo sin lavar la ropa, menudo tufo!

• Chloe says:

All of these styles look super good on you, but those mom jeans are amazing 😍😍😍

• Mariel says:

Yes!!! So sick of skinny jeans and I want mom jeans so bad, I haven’t bought a pair yet tho, but I will. Loved this post❤️

• Elizabeth says:

I’ve really been wanting to try mom jeans! <3 🙂 They're so chic and effortless! Loving all of these styles on you, Hannah! And awwww I hope your machine gets fixed soon!

XO, Elizabeth

• Vivian says:

Totally agree that mom jeans are the new skinny jean!

Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

• Alina says:

Love these looks – my favorite is with the straight leg jeans, looks so effortless and chic!

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• Tabitha says:

Great post! All these denim looks are amazing, but as someone who is a lover of skinny jeans, it’s going to be tough to break away. Maybe i’ll try one of these looks to get out of my comfort zone lol!

• Jennifer says:

Mom jeans is definitely a popular trend! I love all of your outfits. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• Jada says:

Love this! There for sure are days where I do not want to wear a skinny jean.

• Marianne says:

I am so excited for denim trends this spring!!
    This was exactly the inspiration I needed 🙂 <3

• […] So if necessity is the mother of all invention, then it’s for sure the mother of all fashion risks too. Here are 5 denim styles to try if you’re sick of skinny jeans. from The Chriselle Factor […]

• Kathrin says:

I’ve always loved flare jeans and the slits in yours are such a great detail!

Kathrin | Polar Bear Style