Tip of The Day

posted by on 2013.05.07, under Chriselle Inc., Fashion DIY

tuckandrollcovertuckandrollcollage2

I will be sharing a tip of the day on my blog to help you with small ways that you can easily change your look to something more put together . Before creating my blog & youtube channel, I began as a stylist using tips like these everyday.  So I thought I’d share some of my personal & professional styling tips with all of you!

With a simple tuck & roll you can take a boring and disheveled look into something more chic with two simple steps.

1. Tuck in the bottom part of your shirt into the side of your jeans to accentuate your waist .

2. Roll up your jeans just slightly above your ankles.

With these two steps, you create an outfit that looks more thought out and put together in the same amount of time it would take to look like you just threw on anything in your closet.

I hope you found this tip helpful!

Comment & let me know if you have any fashion problems you want me to solve through these Tip of the Day posts!

chrisellesig

OUTFIT DETAILS

|SHIRT|  MADEWELL

|JEANS| (Similar  J BRAND JEANS)

|SHOES| (Same in white ASOS)

COMMENTS

i really really luv all of ur tips…(especially about mastering mix-match in different pattern).
finally i stopping by in ur blog n yups, do small things & tada : effortless look :)

mollyinAsia ( May 15, 2013 at 1:16 AM )

I’m so happy than you love them! I hope they are helpful to you and inspire you to mix and match a few items of your own! Stay Chic love <3

Chriselle ( May 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM )

Greetings! Very useful advice within this article!
It’s the little changes that produce the greatest changes. Thanks for sharing!

hardwood flooring ( May 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM )

I do this all the time, it’s so easy and flattering!

Anna ( May 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM )

I love this tip. How tucking your shirt and rolling your pants can totally change your look from blah to fashionable.

Jessica Chun ( May 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM )

Great tip! I would like to see more of your fashion and styling tips. I live in a tropical country so we kindda dress differently here. Maybe you could give us tips on what to wear when it’s really hot (both casual and work-appropriate) and maybe something for us short girls. Thank you so much in advance! I really like your blog. More power to you.

Marg ( May 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM )

Thanks so much for the tip – it’s interesting to see how such small changes make such a big difference! :)
I have only recently been learning from Stacey & Clinton (I think they are great!) how to dress for my body-type (overall petite, but large bust) but I have always dressed quite plainly and have very little clue when it comes to accessorising or just adding a little bit of interest to outfits.
So I really love the idea of a ‘tip of the day’ and look forward to seeing more tips! :)

Louise ( May 9, 2013 at 1:48 AM )

haha thanks for the tip! My short legs definitely need the rolled up cuff! :P There was this one time I rolled up the cuff slightly on my black skinny jeans at work..at my coworkers (guys) were telling me how much they hated it! :O Seriously wonder why…

Newborn Fanatic ( May 8, 2013 at 12:50 PM )

Chriselle ( May 8, 2013 at 1:40 PM )

You’re very welcome! Sometimes guys don’t get it… and thats okay as long as you like it thats all that matters;) thanks for your comment! xoxo

Chriselle ( May 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM )

Great tip! I’ll keep that one in mind :D
I was wondering if you have any tips on wearing “oversized” clothes? I think it’s a great look, but always worry about looking “too large” – I’m quite tall as well so I usually avoid it, though I’d love to wear it.

I really love your blog, and please continue with more of these tips! :)

Erika ( May 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM )

Thank you Erika for your feedback! As long as you all still love these type of tips, I will continue to do it! and as far as your question I will keep that in mind for a future tip of the day!! <3

Chriselle ( May 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM )

I love how little details can chang the whole look. You look gorgeous :D

GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG

xx

glamdevils

Mira ( May 7, 2013 at 11:26 PM )

Mira, yes even the smallest change can create an entirely new look! Let me know if you try it out!<3

Chriselle ( May 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM )

I think, in order for me to judge objectively, you’ll need to pose in exact same way for both pictures i.e. stance and facial expression. When I view you with a solemn, almost “passport photo” expression, standing stiffly, with arms hanging limply at sides for ‘before” picture, then with a big smile, bent knee and thumbs hooked casually in pockets for the ‘after”, it subtly but undeniably and unfairly, IMHO, influences my reaction. Also, I believe footwear has a great deal to do with overall outfit appeal. In the second photo I clearly see that you must be wearing heels (which my on-the-run SAHM lifestyle would never allow, by the way) and the ankle straps draw favorable attention to fine, slim ankles. Perhaps flats or some other funkier footwear would make the first version more appealing. Just some thoughts. But I do thank you for the tips!

Nan ( May 7, 2013 at 8:44 PM )

I was just feeling a little drab in the before picture where I didn’t add in these little styling tips! Thanks for stopping by the blog!

Chriselle ( May 8, 2013 at 2:49 PM )

I always do this to my shirts & jeans!

simplyonelove.com

Erica ( May 7, 2013 at 8:12 PM )

Great Tip Chriselle

xoxo

Y Park ( May 7, 2013 at 7:42 PM )

That’s a geat tip chriselle

xoxo

Y

Y Park ( May 7, 2013 at 7:39 PM )

My secret has been revealed! lol I’ve always believed: when in doubt, tuck and roll. I love half-tucking my tops and because im short, rolling up the bottoms of my pants has always been a ritual.

waybeyonda.blogspot.com

Asia ( May 7, 2013 at 7:33 PM )

I really love this kind of tips.
Please do it more often.

Norelly ( May 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM )

Love this, it really makes the outfit look more polished. Would love to see more tips! x

Kim ( May 7, 2013 at 4:56 PM )

My shirts are almost always either tucked in just the front or all around. Love the look!

fashionrealist.com

Katerina ( May 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM )

I love tips like these that change your whole outfit without an effort.

Gaia ( May 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM )

Love this tip! It’s so simple, yet it completely changes the look of the outfit. Looking forward to more tips..

Divya Yadava ( May 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM )

pagetop