While my own wedding was a few years ago, I still remember the stress like it was yesterday!
There’s SO much to do and remember leading up to your big day… the last thing you want to worry about is your skin. I got such good feedback on my ‘What to Wear to a Wedding‘ post, I decided to take another trip down the aisle to talk all about wedding skin prep and makeup! Whether you’re a bride or just attending, I wanted to share the best makeup and prep tips I could find. Including what NOT to do before the big day, and the best cry-proof makeup.
So naturally, I reached out to my girl Ting! She’s an incredible makeup artist, mommy, and friend. She’s done makeup for dozens of brides on their big day, so she really knows her stuff.
Keep scrolling for everything you need to know for the best skin + makeup for your big day!
HOW TO PREP YOUR SKIN
6 Months Out:
- Exfoliate, cleanse and moisturize your skin. Remember… your neck, chest, and back are just as important as your face
- Drink lots of water, exercise regularly
- If budget allows, buy a “Bridal Beauty Package” at a facial spa. They will take care of your skin until the day of your wedding
- Get a manicure/pedicure test to make sure what nail design/color you would like for the big day
If you’re planning on doing lash extensions, try it out early to make sure there’s no allergies or irritations
3 Months Out:
- Get a Hydrafacial, hydration therapy is great for skin glow.
- Do a deep exfoliation/ microdermabrasion.
- Professional Teeth Whitening or start whitening strips
- Continue exercising and drinking lots of water
1 Month Out:
- Get another hydrating facial.
- Schedule a trial session with your makeup artist to finalize your look
- Begin at home masking regularly
- Continue to drink plenty of water and get plenty of sleep
- Get hair colored (if needed)
Earrings: Mejuri | Signet Ring: Mejuri
What NOT to Do The Day Before Your Wedding
- No Microdermabrasion or Peels
- Don’t get your brows waxed or threaded
- Don’t get eyelash extensions for the first time
- Avoid changing your hair color
- Do not wax your body
- Don’t drink too much alcohol – your face and eyes will swell up
Best Waterproof Mascaras
Lancome Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara
Diorshow Waterproof Mascara
Best Way to Ensure You Don’t Get a Zit
This one is hard to avoid because of all the stress, but be sure to sleep early and drink a lot of water
So are you ready for your walk down the aisle with your makeup still 💯? Let me know in the comments below!
And a HUGE thank you to Ting for sharing her expertise! Check her out on Instagram here and her website here!
Photography by: Karla Ticas
Location: NoMad Hotel DTLA