Outfits 8 years ago
30 Things I learned In 30 Years
Photography by Karen Rosalie
Birthdays tend to always provoke a reflection for me. Reflecting back on the previous year on all the accomplishments and hardships. As I’m entering a new decade with confidence and grace, I can’t help but reflect back on all the amazing things that have happened in the last 10 years of my journey. The last decade has included; graduating college, moving to downtown LA, getting married to the love of my life, starting my blog & channel, starting my company, traveling the world, enduring a miscarriage, and of course giving birth to Chloe. There were many exciting new discoveries, ups & downs, and of course success and failures. Today I want to share with you 30 Things I Learned In 30 Years:
1. Follow Your Passion- Life is too short to be doing something you don’t love. When you love what you do, you are able to live passionately & confidently.
2. Prioritize Your Relationships- I’ve learned that people are your greatest assets both personally and professionally. You can accomplish anything with the right people in your life. Take time to get to know people, and build those right relationships.
3. Invest In Yourself- Both externally and internally. Externally as in pampering yourself- getting a blow out, getting your nails done, shopping, etc . When you feel good about yourself, your inner positivity will radiate from the inside out. Internally as in expanding your mind by educating yourself- reading books, attending seminars, etc.
4. Get Your Finances Straight- Here’s a not so fun lesson, but a crucial one. Pay off your debt, get your credit straight, and it’s never too early to start a financial plan! No one likes talking about money, but it’s a conversation you need to have with yourself eventually.
5. Find A Mentor- Find someone that inspires you, and that you aspire to be like one day.
6. Quality Over Quantity- Identifying those quality relationship/friendships and really investing your time & energy there instead of trying to please the masses.
7. Invest In The Basics- Instead of wasting all of your money on “trendy” statement pieces, invest in the pieces that you will need in your closet forever- Tailored blazer, Crisp white button up, and a quality purse.
8. Pay It Forward- I wouldn’t be here without the help & support of a countless amount of people. Giving back to what has been given to you is not only necessary, but it’s also the best form of gratitude.
9. Be nice to EVERYONE- I mean literally everyone. Don’t judge someone by how they look, where they are from, or their “status”. You never know who they will become one day! I know so many girls that were once interns that are now incredibly powerful people in the industry.
10. Health Is Wealth- If you don’t have health, you’ve got nothing. Unfortunately we live in a a society where people start caring about health once they no longer have it. You’ve got one body, treat it right when you can!
11. Sweat Daily- Especially if you’ve been sitting in front of a computer all day you need to get out there and sweat! It’s not only good for your body, but also for the mind. Sweating will give you more energy, will restore your body, and stimulate your mind.
12. Write down your goals- I’m a big believer in the law of attraction, and writing them on paper is the first step in making them into a reality.
13. Be Present- When you are somewhere actually be THERE, the people around you will appreciate you for that. Put that phone away when you are having dinner with a group of friends. Engage in conversation, ask questions, tell stories, and create memories.
14. Digital Detox- Have a day where you have a digital cleanse. It’s necessary to restore the mind & soul, and to connect with one self outside of the digital world. So often we get caught up with what everyone else is doing, that it’s hard to focus on yourself.
15. Be genuinely interested in others- This is a great way to build new relationships, connections, and will open up new opportunities.
16. Eat the ice cream- It’s ok to treat yourself to something sweet once in a while. It’s great to be disciplined and strict on yourself, but don’t forget to live life along the way!
17. You can have everything, but not all at once – This is something I learned this past year. You can have that dynamic relationship and a booming career, but keep in mind that both things take time to build & maintain.
18. Stop comparing yourself to others- Everyone has a unique purpose and their own story. Although its exceptionally hard nowadays with Instagram and other social media outlets, but it’s important to live your own life, and not worry about what everyone else is doing.
19. Support & Collaborate- Surround yourself with likeminded people, and support one another. It’s truly amazing what 1 determined person can achieve on their own, but imagine what a handful of motivated individuals can achieve together.
20. Travel often & indulge in culture- There is nothing more humbling than traveling. The more I travel the more I realize how much I don’t know about the world.
21. Life doesn’t stop after a baby- It might temporarily put a hold for the first few months, but life only gets better with a baby. I find myself having more motivation, passion, purpose, and drive with everything that I do. Everything I do is for her, there’s no better feeling that that.
22. It’s never too early to reverse aging – Take care of your skin by using anti aging products, drink lots of water, get lots of sleep , and of course where tons of sunblock while you can! It’s never too early to start.
23. Happiness Comes From Within- Our possessions should not define who we are nor our state of happiness. True happiness is a state of mind, comes from within, and not from the things we own.
24. Love your enemies and forgive the ones that hurt you- Although it’s easy to hold grudges and count the number of times someone has done you wrong (i’m guilty of this), but when you learn to forgive others you are learning to forgive yourself. You will find freedom in letting go, and will be much happier.
25. Slow Down & Breathe- This is something i’m still learning how to do, but i’ve discovered that it’s necessary to do this or you can burn out quickly.
26. You will regret the things that you didn’t do than the things that you did do- Take those risks, as you never know what will happen!
27. Be honest and share your experience with others- This was a lesson learned after I opened up about my miscarriage. I was incredibly shocked to see how many women have endured the same situation as I did, and have never told anyone until I opened up about it myself. You never know who’s lives you might touch by simply sharing your story.
28. Have a vision- It’s easy to get caught up with where you are now, but have a vision of where you want to go, and who you want to be in the future. Be a visionary.
29. Nice People DON’T finish last- People with integrity and a kind heart always wins the game. It’s ok to be stern and know what you want, but always respect those around you.
30. Learn from others- ?????????
You may think that I forgot to finish #30, but I purposely left it blank for YOU! It would be an honor for me to learn from YOU, so if you can leave a comment on any life lessons you have learned thru out the years, that would be the greatest birthday gift I could ask for!
Thank you for being my biggest supporters and allowing me to live my dream everyday!
Skirt: The Jetset Diaries