Beauty, Skin Tips

The Best Products for Sensitive Skin

Skincare is such a big passion of mine, and I love sharing it with you guys and my CINCteam! The girls at the office (and the guys too!) all say that they’ve gotten way more into taking care of their skin and trying new products ever since they became part of the team- they coined it ‘The Chriselle Effect!’

Two of the girls on the CINCteam- Jane and Idalia have really sensitive skin, and I know a lot of you guys do too. So, I brought them on the blog today to share their skincare journey, tips, and some of their favorite products they swear by! Hope you enjoy! xo Chriselle

Jane

Hey guys! Hope you’ve been well! It’s Jane here again to talk to you about being sensitive… with your skin, that is. Emotional stuff we can talk about later, promise! 😉

I, along with many others, have not been blessed with the type of skin that our favorite girl boss, Chriselle Lim has and although I did get a “Chriselle Lim Glow-Up,” since I started working here, having temperamental skin means that my face still goes through a lot of shit. Breakouts and adult acne, greasy t-zone, slight eczema, rosacea… shall I continue?  Translation: definitely not fun and really annoying/borderline embarrassing to deal with.

You guys should also know that my zodiac sign is Cancer. Why does this matter? Because like all Cancer traits, my skin is also deeply sensitive to particular products (see what I did there?). I know many of you struggle with that as well and with allergy season in full effect 🤧, it’s time to treat our sensitive skin R-I-G-H-T.

So, being fortunate enough to have direct access to our beauty closet (truly a dream come true), here’s a breakdown of what’s been tried and true, tested, and practically emptied on my end.

Face Roller: Angela Caglia

The Cleanser: Gentle enough for every day, ideal for hyperpigmentation/rosacea, and smells nice and light.

The AM Serum: I’m in love with the Cicapair Line by Dr. Jart! Made for those of us who have slightly red, stressed out skin, I will gladly spend all of my money on this magical redness reducing serum any day of the week.

The PM Serum:  If you’re 30-something like I am and have visible (unwanted) pores, this serum with retinol is a miracle worker. I won’t even sell it further to you, it leaves your skin feeling that good.

The Miracle Pads: OK, if you haven’t tried these yet, you need to. At first, it was weird wiping my face with more pads after I used my toner, but after one use, I was hooked.  These are great for evening your skin’s texture and smell absolutely divine. A bit pricey, but 100% worth it.

The SPF: This Kate Sate Somerville SPF moisturizer is always the one getting stolen from me! It goes on lightweight, is non-greasy and smells great. You can’t even tell you’re wearing sunblock.

The Eye Cream: This eye cream is so refreshing and cooling. Goat’s milk is also great for those with… you guessed it, sensitive skin.

The Ultimate Beauty ToolOK, this is a treat to have but it really works! I bring it to all of my girls’ nights in (you can choose what kind of treatment you want) and we get our glow up while catching up and drinking wine (is that bad)?

The Face Roller: The best way to answer all your texts back? One handed with this face roller in the other hand. It depuffs your face and helps promote cell turnover for a better glow!

PS: if you have acne scars, getting a laser is highly recommended! My deep scars from acne have gotten significantly better after just 1 treatment!

Idalia
Hi everyone, it’s Idalia! First things first, want to express that my skin has been something that I’ve always struggled with.
By the time I was 8yrs old, I was already visiting a dermatologist because of acne. Needless to say, I’ve always been very conscious (and at times embarrassed) about my skin. It’s my biggest insecurity.
I realize as women we constantly put pressure on ourselves to look our best… and that starts with the face, right? As I grow older, I realize that there are so many tools and products out there to actually help the skin (not only cover it up). At 34, my skin is a mixture of dry and oily, plus I have a slight form of rosacea in conjunction with broken capillaries. YIKES!

Here are the top products I’ve used throughout the years that I have found that work best, AND don’t break the bank. ps: That thing on my forehead? Yeah, that’s my pre-cancerous skin lesion. We can chat about that later too if you want.

The Cleanser: As gentle as it really gets PLUS it does a fantastic job getting my make-up off. This is the one cleanser that I can religiously use day and night.

The H20: Kate Somerville’s DermalQuench Liquid Lift is one of those products that you use once and immediately notice a difference. It’s one of those products that perhaps you don’t think you need in your skincare regimen, but once you start, you’re hooked. Even my mom is a fan now! It provides me with additional hydration to my skin while giving that extra “plump” look.

The Kit: I was introduced to all the Dr. Jart+’s Cicapair in one-go (the cream, the serum, and the treatment) and was immediately hooked. Because my skin is sensitive, I can’t play around with too many products but all of these seem to work like magic…. calming my redness, while hydrating and soothing my skin. All three products I feature here are definitely worth checking out and trying. PS: The Color-Correcting Treatment has SPF 30!

Necklace: La Havane

The Moisturizer: Traveling as often as I do takes a toll on my skin, but bringing my Darphin’s Exquisage Moisturizer with me has been key. No matter how dry, humid, cold, hot, damp (the list can go on and on and on) the climate is where I am, this is the one moisturizer that has been able to adapt to everything leaving my skin feeling protected and moisturized. I even keep a travel-sized version in my travel bag (the one pictured here) so that when I’m on a long flight, I can moisturize along the way.

The Pimple: Who knew of adult acne? I always thought that after puberty my skin would clear up and champagne would fall from the heavens. Boy, was I wrong. Ever since I discovered Revive’s Acne Treatment Gel, I can rest a bit easier… literally. If I see a pimple coming on at night, I apply the gel over it and normally when I wake up it’s either gone or significantly reduced. PS: I’m the toughest critic on pimple treatments.

Makeup Bag: Maison Baluchon

Do you guys have any products that you swear by for sensitive skin? Let us know down in the comments below and have a great day!

xo Jane & Idalia

TELL US YOUR THOUGHTS!

• […] Salsamendi, the Director of Business Development at Chriselle INC (you might remember me from this post here! or when I take over Chriselle’s Instagram Stories to show you what goes on behind the scenes), […]

• Hurriya says:

Thank you for the great recommendations! I am also a woman in my mid-30s with sensitive skin. I have tried another couple of K-beauty brands before and although they have been fine on my skin, they haven’t caused any noticeable improvement. I haven’t tried Dr. Jarts yet but am thinking I should after reading these recommendations!

Hurriya

• Certainly convinced I should try out that Cicapair serum… Thank you girls for showing us it’s fine to not have flawless skin from the get-go!

• Idalia Salsamendi says:

Totally worth checking out! Thanks for the positive feedback! I definitely wanted to make sure to show my flaws and show it’s a-okay to have them… they just need some tender loving care 😉

• cicapair has done wonders for me… excited to check out some of these other products!

chevrons & éclairs

• Samantha Jacobs says:

Obsessed with anything having to do with sensitive skin! Question for Idalia: when did you know it was time to check that scar on your forehead? and were you able to keep using the products on top of it?
    Sammy

• Idalia Salsamendi says:

Hi Sammy, eeeekkkkk I think I actually waited TOO long to have it checked…. about 6 months. I’ll be writing more in detail about it in a future blog post so stay tuned for that x

• Jenny Yang says:

definitely needed these product recs! I am constantly breaking out over random products!
    xx Jen

• Idalia Salsamendi says:

Hey Jenny, if you’re like me, I’ve found that “testing” or “trying” out too many products is horrrriblllleeee for my skin. Working with Chriselle who can try on anything, I learned that I have to do what works best for my skin (ie: finding those products that work and sticking to them). Hope this post helped and happy to answer any other questions along the way xo

• Louisa says:

I love this post too as since having kids, I have struggled with rosacea, as well as adult acne. I adore skincare products but so many either make me break out or have a flare up that I often feel loathe to buy anything as it seems a huge waste when I can’t continue using it. The Paula’s Choice Redness Relief skincare line has helped loads, as had a prescription for Soolantra which last time I heard was having success in clinical trials as a treatment for rosacea.

• Idalia Salsamendi says:

Thanks for the feedback Louisa! I actually tried the toner from Paula’s Choice last year and loved it too! I hear that overall that line is also really good for sensitive skin, so now I’m adding that to my list. xo

• Megan says:

Hi, love this, thank you! Question for Jane: which laser treatment did you use to help with your deep acne scars? Your skin is looking beautiful!

• Sabrina says:

Hi, thank you for this post ! I just have a question for Jane:

How does you skin tolerate the Dr Dennis Gross pads, or do you use the gentle formula ? I had a sample of the normal strength ones and my skin reacted so badly to it. It literally burned my skin, so since then I’ve been terrified to touch any acids. But I really need something that I can use as a chemical exfoliant because my skin is so congested, but having sensitive skin makes it so difficult. Do you have any suggestions ?

• Jane Park says:

Hey Sabrina! My skin actually loves the Dr Dennis Peel Pads! I loved it so much I actually got Idalia hooked on them too. They recently came out with a sensitive skin version which I think will be best for you! I would suggest trying a sample at Sephora or Nordstrom first to see if your skin likes it and is not irritated by it! Keep me posted! xx

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• Chloe says:

I love this roundup! Skin care is such a love of mine, and I’m always on the lookout for new products, so I’ll definitely be checking some of these out!

Chloe x

• Kathrin says:

This is a great post for me since I have sensitive skin. I’m going to look into some of these products. Thanks for sharing!

Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

• Idalia Salsamendi says:

Thanks for reading and enjoying! Sensitive skin is a bit tricky when “skin-shopping” so hopefully this post and its products can help you as it did us.
      xo- Idalia

• Sensitive in Seattle says:

Honestly – I think 90% of the normal population has non- perfect skin except for Chriselle and my love- Ryan gosling. Even if you say he has acne- I’m blind to love so therefore I don’t see it.

Thanks for all the great tips!! Clever writing as always. It feels like you guys are just talking to us as girls.

• Elizabeth T. says:

Thank you so much for sharing all of these great products! I have pretty sensitive skin too, so I’m definitely going to be looking in to these products! 🙂 <3 Can't wait to try them!

XO, Elizabeth

• Tabitha says:

Great post! Having PCOS, my skin goes through it all. This blog couldn’t come at a better time. I’ll definitely be checking out those products.

Tabitha

• Rachel Nguyen says:

cosign to that entire dr. jart cicapair line- SO good. great recommendation ladies xx

• Great post¡¡¡¡¡¡ I do not have sensitive but I have an oily skin so I don’t usually apply a lot of products, but I would like to try some of these.

New post on my blog, a summer outfit, white set with black shoes, perfect combination…

Kisses from Miami

• Nikki says:

This post is really such great help!
    Thanks for the tips girls.

Love,
    Nikki

• […] Skincare is such a big passion of mine, and I love sharing it with you guys and my CINCteam! The girls at the office (and the guys too!) all say that they’ve gotten more into taking care of their skin and trying new products ever since they became part of the team- they all call it ‘The Chriselle Effect!’ from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2018/04/the-best-products-for-sensitive-skin/ […]