5 Things to Prep for Warm Weather Ahead

Are you starting this chilly Monday morning off dreaming of white sand beaches and tan lines? Well, me too! As I anxiously await warmer weather, I’m actively doing as much as I can to prepare (can you blame this Cali girl?). That means booty workouts, body scrubs and then some. So as we countdown the days until Spring and Summer arrive (who else is ready?) I’ve got 5 Things to Prep for Warm Weather Ahead that you can start now!

1. Faux Tan

Is it just me or do you guys feel better when you’ve got somewhat of a tan, too? Having a little color is great, but getting it via the sun isn’t exactly the healthiest way to achieve it. So that’s where faux tan comes in! It’s a healthy way to get that summer glow baste tan started before summer begins!

2. Booty Goals

Booty workouts are a pain in the ass (pun intended LOL) but they have great pay off. Earlier this year I shared a post called How to Get the Best Booty in 2018 that included all of my favorite booty workouts (to get the best butt from within) and booty masks and scrubs (to get the best booty from the outside)! The biggest tip I can give you is to integrate little workouts into your everyday routine! A little does go a long way. Try to do calf raises as you brush your teeth! Do squats as you wait for your face mask to dry! Take the stairs instead of the elevator! These little things can make the biggest difference.

3. Protect Your Hair

After you layer on sunscreen (because you do that every day, right?) a lot of times your hair gets forgotten! If you’re planning on spending an excessive time in the sunshine, it’s important to take care of your hair as well. Whether you’ve got it dyed or rock your locks au natural, the sun can be extremely damaging to your hair so be sure to show it some love too! Putting oil in your hair (like this one here) or a UV protectant spray like this one will prevent your hair from getting dry and damaged.

4. Body Scrubs

Just how you should be exfoliating your face once a week, you should be exfoliating your body too! You might remember me talking about it in my 10 Skin Habits You Should Adopt This Year post but getting rid of those dead skin cells really helps you get a cleaner shave, have softer skin, and give your body the perfect canvas for some faux tan action!

5. Start Building Your Wardrobe

One of the most exciting parts of a new season is shopping, right? Well instead of dropping some major coin right when summer starts, start slowly but surely building your summer wardrobe now! Picking up a few pieces here and there is a lot smarter financially, and it can help you get some really great pieces that you know you’ll love! And if you’re on a budget, check out this post that Hannah did about some of her favorite warm weather picks for under $100.00!

So let the countdown begin! What are you guys doing right now to prepare for summer? Let me know in the comments below!

• KARLA says:

Love all of this tips and the are totally true. I can not wait for warmer days.
    Last but not least, I love all of this pictures ❤️

• Sylvia Wandalo says:

Could you please write a post about spring cleaning? I’m totally clueless

• Sophie says:

Seriously can’t wait for summer especially after seeing these beautiful photos…all the warm vibes 🙂 I’m already planning out summer outfits and I live in NYC which means it’s not actually going to be summer anytime soon haha.

• Beautiful images! I am going to check out th Ouai hair oil. Definitely need something to protect my hair in the sun.

• Fantastic tips, your posts are always so interesting!

• Yereliny Jaquez says:

I can not tell you how much I LOVE your posts. They have been so beneficial to me in finding and enhancing my style. Also your personally is a huge plus. Super grateful to have found you. You are an amazing asset and role models for many women. Thank you for your work and wishing you all the best in your future projects…

• Elizabeth says:

Can’t wait for warmer weather too! Thanks for sharing all of these great things to prep for the summer, especially those little tips about the bootie workouts! 🙂 <3 One of my goals is to be more fit this season!

XO, Elizabeth

• Diana says:

Those boater style hats are so perfect – not only for the warmer weather but from sun protection! Helps that they look super cute too 😉

Diana |

• Vivian says:

I’m MOST excited about building a Summer ready wardrobe!!

Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

• Viviene Kok says:

I love the Ouai (still can’t pronounce) hair oil! Summer isn’t coming anytime soon. It’s freeeeeezing here in China. Happy Tuesday Chriselle! x

• Amy says:

Perfect post and perfect timing! This year I’m combining summer prep with wedding prep, so I definitely need the extra help! I never thought to protect my hair from UV rays, I’m definitely gonna try to include that in my routine

• Amber says:

Thanks for sharing the products you usd. I hope to try the ones you listed for hair some day. I also like your photo shoot and your hat.

• mainou says:

I’m counting down too! And definitely making spring/summer plans =)

• Tabitha says:

Great post! I’m excited for the warmer weather and definitely getting my shorts out. My biggest thing is getting my legs toned and ready to show off.

• Kathrin says:

It’s great to be reminded of these things sometimes. Especially protecting hair as that’s something one rarely thinks about…

Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

• this is a side note, but I LOVE the light in these photos and the styling! So gorgeous! x

chevrons & éclairs

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• Shloka says:

Love your gorgeous tips on getting ready for spring and summer – I am so ready!

• Marianne says:

It has been so incredibly cold lately, and like you I have been feeling anxious about it, so this warm post was exactly the inspiration I needed 🙂 <3

• Nikki says:

Shopping for summer is most definitely the number one priority.

• Tammy says:

That hat is amazing. I’m all about the faux tan for summertime… One of my favorite ingredients to exfoliate with is coffee grounds! Nice booty and soft skin 👏

xx Tammy

• Jae says:

Beautiful stunning photos of you!

• Natali says:

Looking crazy beautiful, so romantic and I love the moody vibe on these photos!

• Felicity says:

Love this post! I find myself quite often prepping more for fall and winter than spring and summer; but I definitely need to start taking care of my skin more in the other seasons!

• Absolutely love these photos, the colour and lighting is incredible

Mel x

• […] So as we countdown the days until Spring and Summer (who else is ready?) I’ve got 5 Things to Prep for Warm Weather Ahead that you can start now! from The Chriselle Factor […]