LIFESTYLE

The Single Girl’s Guide to Surviving Valentine’s Day

Hey everyone! Hannah here! So it’s that time of year again, Valentine’s Day. The one day of the year where I get irrationally angry at love. If you know me, you know I’m the biggest hopeless romantic. I LOVE love but I actually was not excited to write this post because let’s be real, being single on Valentine’s Day kind of sucks.

Don’t get me wrong, being single is great sometimes, but there’s nothing like watching what feels like literally the rest of the world’s love and happiness amplified on February 14th. But don’t worry, we’re all in this together. Here’s my single girl’s guide to surviving Valentine’s Day:

1. Treat Yo Self

This still applies even if you say this every other day of the year. Buy the thing, eat the thing, do your thing! I fully believe that this applies to the days leading up to Feb 14th, too! If treating yourself means wearing a face mask (I’m loving this one!) and wearing a large fluffy robe all day- then get at it! Similarly, if treating yourself means spending extra time at the gym or maybe going to see a movie by yourself then go for it. Or, if you’re me, it’s wearing an evening gown with a hair mask in, red lipstick, wine and a box of chocolates.

2. Galentine’s Day

Similar to ‘Treat Yo Self,’ Galentine’s Day was made popular by the TV Show Parks and Rec! The fictional (and totally amazing) holiday which falls on February 13th is a day to celebrate with your girls. So round up your single friends, tell your friends in relationships to ditch their S.O and go eat pancakes.

3. Wine About It

I’m a wine girl myself, so believe me when I say that I’m planning on having a lovely bottle of red by my side as I sit on the couch in my sweats with a face mask on. But if you’re not a wine person, pick your poison! You know, responsibly- it is a Wednesday after all.

4. Tell Your Friends You Love Them

Remember Valentine’s Day in elementary school? You had to give everyone Valentine’s Day cards. This year, I’m going to pick up a pack from Target- most likely Spongebob themed, and give them to my friends. It’s an easy way to brighten their day.

5. Binge Watch

Binge watch a series and revel in the fact that you don’t have to wait for anyone to watch the next episode! I’m loving Peaky Blinders at the moment, and I’m planning on going to sleep dreaming of Thomas Shelby. What are you watching?

6. Let Yourself be Bummed

Like I said before, as much as you want to sugar-coat it, being single on Valentine’s Day can suck. So don’t repress it and make yourself feel worse. Letting yourself be bummed for a little while is totally okay!

7. Buy Yourself Flowers

Bonus points if you order some ahead of time and send them to yourself. Roses, sunflowers- whatever puts a smile on your face. And while you’re at it- send some to your mom or BFF, too! If they have to deal with you complaining about being single they might as well have something pretty to look at while you do it.

8. Don’t Text Your Ex

Don’t text your ex. Don’t text that fling you had a few months ago even though he still likes all your IG pictures. Don’t text that guy that was into you but you weren’t that into just because you know you want some attention. You’ll be happy you didn’t.

9. Half Priced Candy

Oh, half priced Valentine’s Day candy- I love you. By all means, grab some full priced to have as you binge-watch Netflix with too! But be sure to swoop by and pick up some 1/2 priced candy and chocolate on the 15th!

10. Just Another Day

Above all, if you’re feeling extra single, remember that it’s literally just another day.

Do you have any tips for surviving Valentine’s Day? Leave a comment down below and be sure to keep an eye out for my next post!

x Hannah

• Jenn says:

Like them picsssssss

• Jennifer says:

I recommend dr_mack@ yahoo. com to anyone who is ready to get his or her Ex-lover back in 3 days 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

• I love Hannah’s sassy and real perspective!

• Steal4Style says:

I’m not single, and I’m not celebrating Valentine’s day. So for me and my couple it’s really just another day hahaha. Your tips are great for the whole year, we should always treat ourselves like this 🙂 Have a nice day!!
    Steal4Style.com

• Maria Adelaide says:

I Will eat lots of chocolates and drink very winw. But, with my boyfiend. Kiss.

• Love the idea to throw a Galentines Day and to treat yourself. I think Valentines Day should just be a reminder to love ourselves and whether we have a boy friend or not its still a good opportunity to show the special people in your life how much you love them. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

Allegra xx

Allegra Ghiloni Fashion Stylist

• these are actually the cutest set of photos! And love these tips! x

chevrons & éclairs

• Nikki says:

Absolutely in love with the pictures in this post!

Love,
    Nikki

• […] is a repost from The Chriselle Factor that I wanted to share with all of you amazing, gorgeous and exceptional single […]

• ingrid levin says:

Hello, I love this post so much I did a repost on my site for my single followers. I added your link for my followers to read more of your posts.

• Filipe Parreira says:

I’m going to abuse wine and chocolates. 😉

• Lizzy says:

Hello!
    As I’m very not into all Valentine’s day hustle and I really don’t feel down, at all. Actually, I kind of like being single. But my friend has just broken up with her boyfriend and when she read this blog post with me, oh, I’d like never showed it to her 😀 She’s planning epic two-day Galentines day 😀 !!!

• If you are looking for the Happy Valentines Day images 2018 keep reading the interesting things. Love is in fact, authentic. Cerebrum science reveals to us it’s a drive like hunger or thirst

• Tabitha says:

As a single gal, I love this! Personally being single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t bother me because that holiday is so overrated. I feel more sorry for couples that take it to the extreme and put pressure on each other to outdo other couples. No one should have to buy flowers out of obligation or feel bummed out because of commercialism.

Tabitha

• Such a fun post! Will deff share with my single girlfriends!
    Maria Eugenia . thegirlonanisland.com

• Elizabeth says:

Loved this guide, especially the half-priced candy! 😀 <3 Yes, there really is nothing better than that!

XO, Elizabeth

• Mandy says:

I am slightly disappointed with the word choice “surviving” here, it’s not a disaster, it’s just another day if there is no valentine to celebrate with.
    It’s just another day to love myself, nothing to “survive” from or be sad about.

• Oh please! Galentines is the best type of Valentines. So fun too!

XOXO //
    SINCERELY OPHELIA | NYC Petite Fashion Blogger

• Vivian says:

YES to wine and half priced chocolate!

Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

~

• Great tips!! When I was single I used spend Valentine vining (lol), eating chocolates and binge watch TV! Tip number 10 is spot on, it is after all just another day!xx

• Niquita says:

Well I am in a relationship rn buuuuut… i asked one of my single girls out for a special date 😀 I don’t know ANY man who ever really cared about vday so why not head out with one of your girls?

• FAB says:

Dreading St Valentine’s this year as I’m in for a divorce here by Lac Léman, France, on March 8th – International Female’s day… (Hopefully that date will give me some 💪🏻 🥊.)
    Your guide sure made me recall the femme fatale I once was though KO and lost for the moment I believe I still am at ❤️. THANK YOU!

To all of you have a lovely Valentine single or not.

• Nicole Koch says:

I love Hannah’s sassy and real perspective! All these tips are too legit to quit XO

• Tyler-Joe says:

LOOVVEEEEEE this. HAPPY ME DAY!

• Carly says:

LOVE this post! ALSO, you’re gorgeous. SLAY QUEEN

• Maria says:

Love this, being single for almost 3 Years now and I always make sure to do something for myself and my single girls on that day. Need no man on valinetines day haha.

• Marianne says:

Thank you, Hannah for such a positive guide – loved this 🙂 <3
    xx

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• […] I LOVE love but I actually was not excited to write this post because let’s be real, being single on Valentine’s Day kind of sucks. from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2018/02/the-single-girls-guide-to-surviving-valentines-day/ […]