How to Pack Your Beauty Products Like a Pro

I have traveled so much these past few years, that at this point, packing my beauty products is second nature to me. I always know what I’ll need and where it goes and can proudly say that I can pack all my beauty items in less than 5 minutes now. So it always surprises me at the reactions and questions I get about my products when I travel. With that said, I thought I’d finally write something on how to pack your beauty products like a pro! From my current favorite travel products to some insider packing tips, by the time you finish this post, you’ll be packing your beauty products like a professional!

1. Carry On

Believe it or not, a lot of times you can travel with your full-sized beauty products in your carry-on. Of course, double check the label on your products to make sure that it weighs less than 3.4 ounces! Personally, I like to travel with my beauty products in my carry on just in case something happens to my luggage I checked in. Don’t get me wrong- those little travel sized products are great, but I try to stick to using those with products that are too large to bring as on my carry on.

2. Clear Bags

Packing your beauty products in clear bags is the best because it makes everything so much easier to find. I got this pouch from a great travel Ouai set, and it’s a great way to travel! Not to mention that since it’s made of plastic, if you happen to have any spills, it’s super easy to wipe down.  Check out some other cute + chic clear pouches here and here!

3. Pack in Ziplocks or Use Plastic Wrap Trick

Though you’ll be safe with a clear plastic pouch like the ones I talked about above- it’s best to avoid spills at all costs. One travel hack that I love is to either pack your products in ziplock bags or, to use the plastic wrap trick! Cut small squares of plastic wrap and put it under the cap of your products to avoid leakage. I know it’s an extra step, but trust me, it’s worth it!

4. Cotton Pads

You know that gut-wrenching feeling of getting to your travel destination only to find your compacts have shattered in transit? Not the best feeling. Now, I always put a cotton pad like these in my compact to help keep everything together!

5. Pack in the Middle

So if you’re not traveling with a carry on and need to put everything in your check-in suitcase, always pack your makeup and beauty products in the middle of your suitcase. You want there to be enough cushion on either side so that your products don’t get squished!

Do you guys have any packing tips that you swear by? Let me know in the comments below!

• love this dress! How are you satisfied with quality of this brand? I have been thinking of buying their lingerie product but just not sure about the quality.

• Katya says:

It is essential to pack neatly and be organized. But if you are on a rush travel, it may be challenging. Clear bag is also a favorite thing of mine.

StyleSprinter Blog by Katya Bychkova

• Tammy says:

Always looking for better ways to pack 👏 I noticed you have Drunk Elephant products in your bag – How do you like this brand? I’ve heard such great things and would love any suggestions for certain products to try! Does anybody else use Drunk Elephant? Let me know! 💕

xx Tammy

• Stefanie says:

The is super useful! Thank you!
    For anyone looking for further tips on packing their carry on check out my post,

• Mariya says:

Packing in the middle is a must!

• Nikki says:

These are some really awesome tips.
    I love packing my beauty products in clear bags too! So much easier!

• Great tips for travel! I will apply them for my new trip! Happy weekend, babes!
    New post: Bow wrap skirt

• Elizabeth says:

Thank you so much for these great tips, Chriselle! <3 🙂 Hahaha I always tend to overpack, but I've made it a goal to pack significantly less this year!

XO, Elizabeth

• Phua says:

Loved all of your tips! Will definitely use them the next time I travel!

• pris says:

love these tips! btw, do you like the Ziip nano current device better than Nuface? thanks!

• I love the little clear bag! Where is it from?

XOXO //
    SINCERELY OPHELIA | NYC Petite Fashion Blogger

• Filipe Parreira says:

Good tips.

• Tabitha says:

Great tips! These are definitely things you never think about until a situation arises. I will definitely implement these tips on my next travel.

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• Fatou Diaw says:

these are great thing! thanks for sharing!

• Natali says:

Zip lock bags and packing beauty products in the middle are my all time fave “hacks”! 🙂

• Jae says:

The Shangpree eye masks are my favorite!

• Jada says:

Honestly, I put all the liquid beauty products into a big ziplock bag. It for sure isn’t as aesthetically pleasing, but it helps incase anything opens up. For my makeup, I have a specific makeup pouch!

• Love the pack in the middle tip! Such a good one! x

chevrons & éclairs

• Marianne says:

I always find it so difficult to pack my beauty products, especially when travelling with only carry on. Thank you for sharing your experience and helpful tips 🙂 <3

• […] So I thought I’d finally write how to pack your beauty products like a pro! From my current favorite travel products to some insider packing tips, by the time you finish this post, you’ll be a packing pro! from The Chriselle Factor […]