LIFESTYLE

All The Ways to Love Yourself This Month

Hey Everyone!

It’s Jane!  If you’re not too familiar with who I am, I’m the Editorial Director here at The Chriselle Factor.  I’m responsible for managing the website, being on set to produce content, and creating the emails, to name a few. I’m from the Bay Area but moved to LA 9 years ago (hence the reason why R&B is my favorite genre of music. Yes, you can 100% thank the Bay for that). To sum it up, I asked some friends to help describe me to you and they agreed that I am like “your sassy older sister who keeps it real and encourages a laugh along the way.”  I’ve been on the CINC Team for over a year now and couldn’t be any happier/thankful to be a part of something so great.

I’m a firm believer in self-love and taking care of myself (mind, body and soul) so you KNOW how excited I was when Chriselle asked me to write this piece.  Side note: in conjunction with my excitement, I feel simultaneously nervous about putting myself out there but it’s 2018 so I hope you guys are here for it.

February is officially in motion so let’s talk about that one thing that’s running through everyone’s minds this month: L-O-V-E.  The 14th of this month marks:

a). plenty of opportunities to get showered with gifts, flowers, chocolates and champs

OR

b). singles awareness day

If there’s one day to completely indulge in 100% guilt-free pampering, it’s today.  Trust me, I’m an expert at treating myself, even on non-holidays (you can ask my boyfriend Cam).

Here are all the ways the CINC Team plan to maximize being in full-on pamper mode come Valentine’s Day because as we all know, there are more than a few ways to love/treat yourself like a straight up QUEEN 👸🏻.

1. Book a staycation just for the day. There’s nothing better than sleeping in a fluffy hotel bed, room service and not having to clean up afterward.  Just don’t forget to leave a tip for the staff once you’re gone.

2. Call Someone. As much I love sending that new fire emoji in my group chat, in a digital world where we text way too much, give someone a ring and have a real conversation.

3.  Pop that fancy bottle of champagne you’ve been saving (or crush a few La Croixs if you don’t like to drink). What’s better than champagne on your birthday?  Having champagne on your self-love day.

4.  Binge watch something with NO regrets. We’re talking 4-5 episodes in a row here without leaving the couch or bed and feeling zero remorse.

5.  It’s cliché, but we will never hate on a fancy piece of chocolate.

6.  Write down all the things you love about yourself in a cute journal or on a post-it. It’s important to remember all of the qualities that make you uniquely YOU.  Self-love and self-affirmation are real so let’s continue to practice it.

7.  Today is THE day to buy that thing you’ve been wanting and no one will judge you. Whether it’s that serum you’ve been wanting, that designer eye mask that will make your sleep a little better, these Dior Slides or Cartier bracelets you might need to charge on the cc, now or never.

8.  Take a bath and scrub that beautiful body of yours from face to toe. Exfoliate your faceyour body, and even your feet.

9.  Mask It All. Immediately following your full body exfoliation, add a great smelling hair maskbutt maskeye masklip mask and face mask while sipping champs. Extra?  Maybe. But, your body will feel so smooth and there’s nothing better than feeling the best in your skin.

10.  Lastly, just do whatever the F you want as long as no one gets hurt. Don’t feel pressured to go out if you don’t want to or go to that thing you’re not feeling. The best way to not have FOMO on this day is to do you.

What are some ways you love pampering yourself on V DAY?  @ me and let me know in the comments below!

xo Jane

• Rinchen says:

I am surprised at how tame this post is. Every February oactually.com hosts the Pleasure Pledge where women commit to having an orgasm a day. It is all about self love. Check it out. It is a private FB group with lots of support.

• Great ideas! It´s fantastic to have and enjoy a self love day 🙂
    New post: Casual basics

• Anastasija says:

Yes this is so on point, love it! I feel like the absolute cutest way you could possibly spend valentines would be to ditch the boyfriend for the girlfriends, find a luxury spa resort in a tranquil setting like a forest, and just spend a day or two unwinding, getting pampered at the spa, bonding with your friends, drinking rosé, and so on. Okay, maybe that could be reserved for a different day to valentines, but still I just hyped myself up to do that. Thanks for the ideas 🙂

• Amanda says:

Amen to that, sister! Great tips and reminders to always stay true to #1! So inspiring, thank you!

• Tabitha says:

Great post Jane! I love all the tips you mentioned and reminding us that self-love is just as if not more important for a healthy lifestyle. I hope you do more posts in the future Jane!

Tabitha

• Annie says:

Love this post! We need a little self-love everyday 🙂
    x

• Rachel Moss says:

Love this post Jane. Wonderful. I also love the simple stuff about writing down your good points on paper & reminding yourself of what & who you are and the phone call. Good old skool classics. Great writing too. Love Rachel xx

• Jeanne says:

❤️ Jane

• Vivian says:

Totally endorse taking a staycation! everyone needs to not think about cooking and cleaning once in a while!

Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

~

• Hannah says:

LOVE this blog post! I was smiling as i was reading it and i’m so ready to treat myself! Jane you are a great writer and this was courageous to post!

• Elizabeth says:

Loved this post on self-love Jane! 🙂 <3 It's definitely a great and quirky piece! And yes, there's nothing quite like treating and pampering yourself! Keep up the great work!

XO, Elizabeth

• Jennifer says:

It’s always good to treat and appreciate yourself!

• Jandrew says:

Self care however you do it is a necessity. People tend to put the needs of everyone else first, you partner, your kids, your bosses, your ……..
    The best thing you can do is put yourself first and then you’ll be able to give your best to the rest !
    Jandrew
    Dress The Part

• Jules says:

LOVE THIS PIECE! xoxo

• Tim says:

Great post!!!!!

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• Alexis says:

A perfect reminder that Valentine’s Day isn’t just about loving someone else, it’s about loving YOU!! And sipping champs in the tub with Tom Ford candles while exfoliating with a face mask on and eating fancy chocolate ❤️

• angel alvarez says:

love u jane! ❤️

• Sharol Franco says:

Love this!
    I’m going to share this with my team at work.
    #stillNASTY

• Connie says:

HERE FOR THIS! And now buying a face mask – thanks for the self love reminder, Jane
    xx

• Jackie says:

Love this!

• Evelyn says:

I love everything here, will definitely be taking notes for the special day. Ain’t no love like the love you gotta have for yourself!

Xoxo

• Judy says:

This post has everything you could ever wish for! Especially all the links to products I didn’t know I needed in my life (looking at you booty mask) Thank you for the great read Jane!!

• Nikki says:

Great post Jane!
    I enjoyed reading it and I can tell that you did have a ball writing it too!

When I want to indulge in some self-love I just take a nice long relaxing bath! Again, I don’t think I need a day to love myself, I try to make it a part of my lifestyle! 🙂

Hoping to see many more posts from you!

Love,
    Nikki

• Jenstar says:

Congratulations on finding a rewarding career path! Learning more about Chriselles amazing team is brilliant. I’m having girlfriends over tonight and can’t wait to use your tips Jane! Wish there were photos of your beautiful face on this post. Xoxo

• Audj says:

It’s all about the little things!

• LFBAR says:

Amazing tips!! Now I want chocolate!! Excited to have you here Jane!

• This is also perfect tips to do with girlfriends! Let’s all love ourselves together 🙂

• Marianne says:

Thank you Jane for this positive, heart-warming post 🙂 <3
    xx

• Natali says:

Self life is so important! Thanks for sharing and these photos are absolutely incredible, you are looking so feminine and empowering!

• Debbie says:

What a great read and reminder sister! thanks!

• Love these tips, thanks for sharing! Stunning photography!
    Magda

• Jae says:

Loved reading this uplifting post!
    Jae

• […] Whether you’re currently in a relationship, married, single, newly single, kind of seeing someone, or in-between Tinder and Bumble dating apps… this post will fit any type of relationship you’re in because there’s a universal thing we all have in common: self-love. from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2018/02/all-the-ways-to-love-yourself/ […]