Beauty, Skin Tips

The Pimple Hacks You Need to Know

Hey everyone, it’s Hannah! If you missed my last couple of posts, check them out here and here! I’m back on the blog today to talk about something that happens to everyone: pimples. As much as I take care of my skin (have you read my post about the 10 skincare mistakes you’re probably making yet?) I still get a pimple or two like clockwork right before my “time of the month.”

Although I wish I could magically tell you how to make your pimple disappear overnight, I’ve got a couple of tips and tricks up my sleeve to help get rid of them sooner than later.

Tip 1: Ice

My BFF/ old roommate used to ice her zits while watching TV. I had never seen this before and after seeing how well it worked for her, it was permanently adopted into my skincare arsenal. Ice is really great for deswelling, right? Well, it works the same magic on my angry pimples! (Yes, I’m personifying my pimples.) Just wrap an ice cube in a paper towel and lightly press it on your pimple for a couple of minutes.

Tip 2: Drying Cream

I’ve loved this drying cream since high school! To banish a pimple, you have to dry it out. This really works for me when I feel a pimple coming up beneath the surface of my skin- you know those really painful ones that don’t have a head quite yet but when you accidentally brush against them and your eyes start to water in pain? Those.

Tip 3: Layer Your Concealer

When it comes to covering up my pimples, it’s all about layering my concealer & foundation. I’m lucky enough to not have to wear too much face makeup, but I’ve found that the best way to disguise a blemish is to cover it in multiple layers. I’ll go in with a dot of concealer and blend, then I’ll put on my foundation, then another dot of concealer and blend, then I’ll sweep over a matte powder all over my face, then finish it off with another dot of concealer!

Tip 4: Pimple Dots

I discovered these guys not too long ago and I’m obsessed. They’re basically little clear stickers that you put on top of your pimples. The stickers draw out the impurities from your blemishes and help make it smaller and disappear faster! I sleep with them on and when I wake up, my pimple is significantly smaller.

Tip 5: Detox Mask

Say hello to my skincare best friend, this Kate Somerville mask. I use this mask on my T-zone every other night and can say with full confidence that it’s totally helped my skin. I picked it up last November and I’ve been using it relatively consistently (even when I was traveling over Christmas and in Europe) since then.

Do you guys have any pimple hacks you swear by? I want to hear them! Leave a comment down below and be sure to keep your eye out for my next post!

x Hannah

TELL US YOUR THOUGHTS!

• MGV says:

I usually just put a tiny drop of tea tree oil on a tip and just coat the pimple with it. It dries and desinfects the pimple. Works like a charm!

• Oooo didn’t think about ice!

• Great tips! I didn’t know that the ice works good on pimples!
    New post: How to style a statement red dress for a romantic date

• Nikki says:

Icing a pimple is pretty new to me!
    Seems interesting though! Gonna try it whenever I have my next breakout.

Aloe Vera gel is one of my favorite things to help tackle pimples.
    You can use an Aloe Vera leaf cut it out, and remove the gel from within, apply it on your pimple and leave it overnight. Wash your face in the morning and you will see that the pimple is visibly reduced.

Love,
    Nikki

• I’m a new user to pimple dots. LITERALLY the best invention EVER! x

chevrons & éclairs

• Hanna says:

Love this article! Thank you for the amazing tips! I did not know about the ice trick and definitely want to try that Kate Somerville mask ♡

• Vivian says:

Pimple dots have been my lifesaver recently!

Vivian | LIVE IN LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

~

• Asshly says:

4 Tips for perfect skin:

-Eat well.
    -Create a skincare routine depending on your skin type.(Include Mario’s products, they are really good)
    – Exercise is the best thing to sweat those toxins.
    – And please, Go to see a dermatologist. If you already tried everything and you have an aggresive acne, accutane (10 or 20mg) will save your face, I used one called Cuticlin.

http://www.Femmeontrend.com | Femme On Trend

• Elizabeth says:

Oooh I really want to try that mask and the drying cream! I’ve been dealing with white heads here and there, and it’s super annoying, but hopefully, these help! 🙂 If you have any other recommendations for whiteheads, I’d love to hear your thoughts <3 And yessss, those pimple patches are amazing, aren't they?

XO, Elizabeth

• Maria says:

I heard about the ice cube trick but I’ve never tried it… I think I will give it a go since I feel a big one coming now 🙁

Maria | Fashionably Sparkly

• Airin says:

I use toothpaste 🙂 works everytime

• sara nena says:

Pimples are coming EVERYTIME in the worse occasions

• Viviana from Italy says:

But what if you squize your pimple? I’m one of those -quite sure I’m not the only one- that can’t resist if the pimple is “mature” enough and almost every time gets red spots out of them. How to fix the results of this uncorrect behaviour?
    Anyway, next time I’ll try the Ice trick.
    (Sorry for my not perfect English)

• Ana says:

Unfortunately, I have a thing with squizing pimples too, and when my face turns all red because of doing that, I massage it with ice for a couple minutes and it really works. I won’t say ice makes the pimples disappear, but it makes it look like less swollen.

• Marsya says:

That pimple sticker really do works well on my skin too! That ice hack looks convincing, maybe I’m going to try it 🙂

• Rania says:

Great tips I will start using right away.. hope you can do a similar post about blemishes.

• Kirsten says:

I and 37 and still get breaks outs – so all tips welcome. j use toothpaste at night to dry out pimples… and that usb a life saver
    Kx

• Ria Parikh says:

Thanks Hannah for sharing these tips! As someone who’s suddenly suffering through a massive breakout with my skin this post is very helpful!

I have been applying apple cider vinegar with a cotton bud every night after removing makeup and moisturizing. It has really helped me control the new pimples from appearing.

Tips 2 & 4 are something I’ve yet to try, so will definitely put that to test.

• Veronika says:

Great tips although I wouldn’t go for the ice though. I prefer Diorsnow sheet mask. Although my best tip that really works is to visit my dermatologist for the laser treatment. It only takes half an hour and it always works. And it holds up for a month at least. I have been without any acne and pimples for almost two months now 😊
    Veronika

• Jennifer says:

Great tips! I use the first and last tip. Thanks for sharing! I learned a lot. 🙂

• Jae says:

Heard great things about that dry cream. You look fab, Hannah!

• Tabitha says:

Yes! Love this post! I thought once I hit my 20’s, breakouts would stop but it’s gotten worse. This is definitely something I needed to read today.

Tabitha

• Mina says:

One of the pimple hacks that always works the best for me is Frankincense oil! I put it on throughout the day and before I go to bed. It diminishes after every application and in the morning it’s practically gone. Great tips 😉

• LENA says:

Ice or Cold water on your face is the key!

-L.
    LenaRevealed.com

• A salicylic acid gel that I dot on as last step in my routine before bed. They are gone so much quicker!

Anne|Linda, Libra, Loca

• Ray says:

I love a good mask to clear out my pores as well.

• […] Hey everyone, it’s Hannah! If you missed my last couple of posts, check them out here and here! I’m back on the blog today to talk about something that happens to everyone: pimples. from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2018/01/pimple-hacks-need-know/ […]