img_1959
LIFESTYLE

New Year’s Goals 2017

Now that it’s officially 2017… we have a blank slate. How are we going to fill it? What will we make of it? It’s really up to us. As for me… I make goals, not resolutions. Long term goals that will keep me inspired and excited, but also short term goals to keep me on track to where I want to be by the end of the year. I do have to say, my goals for 2017 are much different than usual. After achieving everything I have this past year, I’ve quickly realized that there is a purpose and meaning beyond those achievements.

2016 was a year of transitions. Although there were many career triumphs, there were also many personal struggles. Struggles that I don’t necessarily talk about here on social media, but know that I am human and I go through relationship, motherhood, and all around life struggles as well. I won’t go into details of what those struggles were, but experiencing these things put a lot of things into perspective for me. On the flip side, I’ve reached almost every material and career goal I had on my 2016 list (buying a house, winning blogger of the year, booking big campaigns and magazine covers, etc.). Although I am entirely grateful and proud of these moments, I have come to a realization that it’s a never ending cycle of wanting more and more. I like to call it the “FEEDING THE BEAST” syndrome. The more you feed it… the more it wants. Now, I’m not saying that setting career goals is a bad thing, but I am saying that it did not fulfill me the way that I thought it would. I will, of course, continue to stay focused on my business and continue to grow it as much as I can, but I think that will naturally and organically happen with an immense amount of passion and dedication.

This brings me to my 2017 goals. Instead of focusing on physical/material achievements this year, I decided to focus on things that will truly fulfill me long term. I took some time the past few days to reflect on what it is that truly fulfills me.

It truly fulfills me to:

1. GIVE MORE LOVE
More love and attention to my husband, to Chloe, to my family, and to those around me. Whether it be spending more time with them or taking the time to do small gestures such as writing letters, thoughtful notes, to even a simple phone call, or even a catch-up brunch. I want to pour more love into other people, show them that I love and appreciate them, and spend more quality time with them.

2. TAKE CARE OF ME
This may sound selfish but it’s not. This year I really lacked in this category and I saw the effects of it. I was simply just too busy to have a consistent workout schedule, to go to my doctors for a
check-up, or to even get my shoulder problem checked out and taken care of. As a busy working mom, the last person I paid attention to was myself and it was damaging. When I feel strong physically and mentally, that’s when I’m able to perform my best. This year I will put ME first because when I take care of me that’s when I can take care of those around me.

3. WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER
Don’t get me wrong I’m a true believer in hard work. I’ve busted my ass off for 10 years to get to where I’m at, and I think it’s absolutely crucial to stay up late, grind, & hustle it out. This has always been a hard one for me because I like to have my hands on everything that I can, but I’ve learned that if you can find someone better than yourself to do it, then let them do it. Don’t micromanage your life. It’s crucial that I work SMARTER, so I can have more time with my family.

At the end of 2017, I would like to say that I was able to be the best mom, wife, boss, friend, and my true authentic self. I believe that these 3 goals will help me get to where I want to be at the end of the year! Happy 2017 everyone, let’s make this year the best year possible! Believe in the strength of your dreams and yourself! Now that I’ve shared my goals, what are your 2017 goals?

sigxo_chriselle

• inspiring and helpful as per usual. I agree that we always want to feed the monster…is something i need to work on.

xoxo

Lourdes

• […] 4. What fulfills you? “Instead of focusing on physical/material achievements this year, I decided to focus on things that will truly fulfill me long term. I took some time the past few days to reflect on what it is that truly fulfills me. It truly fulfills me to: Give more love, take care of me, and work smart, not harder.” — Chriselle Lim of The Chriselle Factor […]

• Mavis Guo says:

My main goal this year is to spend more time with my family~ <3

• Such lovely, simple and inspiring resolutions! I love keeping in minimal and achievable.

• Leah says:

Thanks for sharing!

• Patricia says:

Love this post, wish the best for you and your fan! Thanks for always inspiring me
    Come and visit my blog! XOXO

• Really inspiring ! Thank you Chriselle xx

• ALEXIA MICKENS says:

Lets make it a great year I agree!! xx

See my latest post:
    // be original
    born bred BE – a blog by Alexia

• Lena says:

Absolutely love this Chriselle! Thank you! Cheers to another wonderful year ahead of us!

• Michelle says:

Great Post! I’m all for making goals this year instead of resolutions. This post is very inspiring. Perhaps a goal I have this year is to feed my creative soul. I’m gonna be positive and see where my blog takes me. It’s been a 5 year struggle to get it to where I want to be but every goal has its challenges. :) Cheers to 2017 and the opportunities that are ahead. Blessings.

• Alisha Ricki says:

Awesome post Chriselle!! I also do goals instead of resolutions – it’s much better for accountability imo. I really love the 3 goals you chose for this year and I pray that at the end of 2017 you would have fulfilled them 10 times over! Cheers to a fulfilling year! xoxo Alisha Ricki | Alisha Ricki.com

• Loren says:

Such a great post C! My husband and I do our goals every year typically on our first trip of the year or trip home during the holidays. This year we found ourselves like you focusing less on material or professional success but more on our character and time and love for our family. It’s amazing how it changes once you have a little one looking to you to guide them in this life. How much more purpose and the focus now on being a better person not only for myself but because I have someone else looking to me to show them the way! Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year! Xx

• Leslie says:

Awesome post to start the new year!

• Natali says:

Working smarter and not harder is one of the BEST resolutions I’ve hear of in a while and I’m so going to put this on the list of my resolutions too!

• Elizabeth T. says:

Such an inspiring post, Chriselle. I agree, working smarter and not necessarily harder is the way to go. It’s really nice to read about how you feel regarding all of your success and triumphs this year, but at the same time, I appreciate your honesty! <3 :) Keep up the great work, we'll always be supporting you! Wishing you a great 2017 as well!

XO, Elizabeth

• love these, all smart new years resolutions, and the second one is absolutely one of mine too :)

Mel x

• Thank you for sharing your goals! I feel you on the taking care of yourself goal. That is not selfish at all, it is necessary to be the best in all areas of your life, especially as a wife + mother! My main goal of 2017 is to continue to turn my blog into a business + focus on my Style Consulting business too! This will allow me to work from home, be my own boss, + spend more time with my husband + 15 month old daughter! I can’t wait to see where your goals take you in 2017! You are amazing + such an inspiration to me not just in business, but as a person!

• Foirell says:

Chriselle I love this! Especially #2 that resonated a lot! Its super key to make sure you are looking after yourself. We sometimes focus on others needs but not our own. I wrote a post on self care strategies if you want to have a read! http://citygirlrell.com/simple-self-care-strategies-healthy-lifestyle/

Foirell | http://www.citygirlrell.com

• Mireia says:

Absolutely love it!

Mireia from TGL

• floriane says:

HI Chriselle!

I have been following you for a few years now and 2016 was also a transitionning year for me, especially because I was in a huge introspection these last months and realized what were my true wishes.
    Your goals are just awesome! Inspiring and more focused on what’s above the “material” goals, which are great and important but that’s not what make us happy in the end; I am happy for you that you decided to go into the direction of a better interaction with people and yourself.

My personal goal of this crucial year is just to -not be afraid of my dreams, persue them just like I did before, focus on my happiness-

Happy New Year Chriselle!

Love from France :)

• DEMELER says:

Beautiful post! Happy new year love
    xx

• Lauren says:

Looks like you’re starting the new year off right :) Looking forward to seeing what’s in store for you this coming year.

xx
    Lauren

• Areli says:

I’m aiming for more positivity! Happy New Year to you
    xx,
    arelisapril.blogspot.com

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

Great post for a wonderful start of 2017 … Here’s to a fabulous year ahead! :)

❤LA BIJOUX BELLA❤ | BY MIA | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• […] really up to us. As for me… I make goals, not resolutions. from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2017/01/new-years-goals-2017/ from Tumblr […]