LIFESTYLE

Dear CloClo

Dear CloClo,

You have no idea how proud we are to be your parents. Your character and personality are definitely apparent now. You are strong willed, silly, extremely sweet yet stubborn, independent, and super lovable… you are perfect to us. We can’t believe that you are turning 2 today… how time flies. The past 2 years have been truly magical and chaotic at the same time… and we wouldn’t have it any other way. You surprise us every day with how fast you are learning and growing. From saying your first word, “papa” to your favorite words “NO” and “byeeeee” to now forming full sentences and saying “I love you, mama and papa.”  We also learned that your favorite color is YELLOW, and there is not another color that can best describe your bright & bubbly personality! You don’t know this yet, but after we put you down to bed, we lay awake at night just talking about YOU and how blessed we are.

This week was particularly hard for mommy and daddy because you were so sick, and it made us so sad and worried. All we were able to think about was you during the day, hoping and praying that you would get better. It was the longest 5 days ever, but it made us realize how strong willed you are. Even though you were so sick you would still smile and throw in a good laugh here and there. We ended up canceling your birthday plans that we had planned, but that’s ok because we ended up having the best family time together. You were so happy when we sang the “Happy Birthday Song” to you in 3 different languages over and over again. You have taught us that quality time is more important than anything else.

Nothing makes you happier than music, painting, drawing, and dancing. So, if there was one thing that we can hope and pray for you this year as you turn 2 years old, is that you continue to be a free spirit and do more of what makes you happy every day. Now that you are officially in school, we also hope that you will understand the importance of friendship, and to be kind and generous to those around you.

We pinch ourselves every day because we can’t believe that you are here and ours forever. Thank you for teaching us how to love unconditionally, and also for sleeping so well through the night for the past 6 months (one of the best presents any child can give their parents)! We look forward to a whole new year of adventures with you CloClo! We don’t know what this year will bring, but all we know is that we have each other and that’s all that matters! Family is everything.

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

P.S We hope that one day you will come across this letter and know how much we love you.

sigxo_chriselle

• Claudia says:

This is such a sweet and adorable letter! Read the letter this inspired me to write to my parents:

• Natalie says:

Happy Belated Birthday Chloe!

I hope you had an amazing day!

• kytsia says:

so cute!! & my birthday is on Sunday, a little closer!! My 22years!! 🙂 😉
    Happy Birthday CloClo!!

xo, Kytsia

• Barbara says:

this is sooooo sweet.
    Happy Birthday Chloe Victoria Chen.

Lagos, Nigeria

• This is such a beautiful letter Chriselle! I can almost see Chloe reading this in the future!

• Shloka says:

What a beautiful letter – Chloe is so lucky to have parents like you and one day when she reads this letter she is going to be so touched and feel so lucky!

x
    Shloka

• Mary says:

This is such a sweet thing for parents to do! I can picture Chloe reading this some day and feeling so loved and blessed to have you for parents. She is such a cutie and I love when I see her on your IG stories. Happy Birthday Chloe! xo

• Linda says:

Aw, such a beautiful letter! 🙂

Linda
    Typically Linda || Instagram

• Happy birthday, Chloe! 😉

• Jessica says:

She’s absolutely adorable! This letter was beautiful, thank you for your raw honesty and love. Happy Birthday Chloe 🙂 x

Jessica — NinetyCo

• Happy birthday, Chloe! You are SO much fun to watch on your mom’s social media. So funny, entertaining and full of curiosity and adventure! xx

• Linda Kim says:

What a beautiful letter. As a mom, watching your child sick is most hardest thing to experience. Clo Clo is strong little girl just like mommy! Hope she feels better soon and praying for fast recovery! Hope you don’t get sick, too! Please give big kiss and hugs for her. Happy Birthday dearest baby C!

• Jennifer says:

Aw! What a sweet letter to Chloe. Happy Birthday to her! 🙂

• Christy Lau says:

Happy birthday, Chloe!! You have an amazingly cool and chic mum!

• Athena says:

Happiest of Birthdays to Chloe!!
    Still remember you just got married, then became pregnant with Chloe, and now she is 2 years old! How time flies…!!
    May you and your family continue to experience more of God’s grace and blessing each day! =)

• Leah says:

Wow! Age 2! She is growing up so so fast! Wish you and your family all the best!

• Grace says:

Dear Chriselle,
    This is such a heartfelt post. I view your Snaps every day and I feel like Clo Clo is a part of my life too. You are such an inspiration to me in so many ways. Happy birthday to Chloe. I am sure she would love this letter when she comes across it when she grows up and will always be thankful to have you. Love, Grace x

• This is the sweetest thing ever! I teared up reading it because I love to hear and read heartfelt letters from parents to their children and vice versa. I can’t wait to be able to write a letter like this one day when I am a mommy 🙂 Happy Birthday Chloe!

• […] believe that you are turning 2 today… how time flies. The past […] from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2017/01/dear-chloe/ from Tumblr […]