chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-mayan_ruins-1-3
TRAVEL

6 Places to Visit in Tulum

As per all of your requests, here is my a post on the 6 places you have to visit in Tulum! I tried to go to as many places in Tulum as I could, even though our schedule was revolved around Chloe’s nap schedule. Chloe was so excited to be in Tulum that often times she wouldn’t take her naps, so luckily we were able to discover a lot of places in a short five days. Tulum is filled with amazing restaurants and shopping so it’s hard to go wrong. There were a few places that stood out to me on my Tulum trip and today I’ll be sharing the 6 places you can’t leave Tulum without visiting!

chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-mayan_ruins-1-2

chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-mayan_ruins-1
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-mayan_ruins-2
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-mayan_ruins-2-2
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-mayan_ruins-3
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-mayan_ruins-4

1. Tulum Ruins.

The girls took a day trip to the Tulum ruins while I put Chloe down for a nap one day. The Tulum ruins aren’t too far off and you can get there by taxi or shuttle. There’s a very small entrance fee (be sure to bring exact change) and they also charge for photography. iPhone photos are okay, but a professional DSLR or a video camera would get charged. The Tulum Ruins are beautiful and are very well preserved (according to the girls) and there’s a gorgeous beach that looks just like a Grey Malin print. Be sure to pack your bathing suit when visiting the Tulum ruins because you’ll defiantly want to chill out at this beach after a hot hike through the ruins.

chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-1-3
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-2-2
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-ahua-1
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-3-2
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-4-2
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-ahua-2

2. Ahua Restaurant.

This was definitely one of my favorite restaurants that I dined at in Tulum. We sat outside on little wooden chairs and had lunch facing the ocean. They made the salsa on the spot and it’s known as the best salsa in Tulum! Their ceviche was incredible and we had coconut drinks with faces on them- life doesn’t get much better than that.

chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-coral-hotel-1 chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-coral-hotel-2 chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-coral-hotel-3

3. Coral Hotel.

I stayed a little bit off the main street of Tulum at the Coral Hotel. I picked the Coral Hotel because it was the most kid-friendly hotel I could find. A lot of the hotels and resorts in Tulum are more for romantic get-aways than a family vacation. For example, the Coqui Coqui hotel had very steep stairs, where Chloe might have fallen. The Coral Hotel is a boutique hotel with not that many rooms. The staff treated us with special attention and they even gave Chloe a cute doll before we left! The beach was right outside our room so every morning after breakfast we would walk to the beach and spend the day there. The rooms were big and it was conveniently located near all the shops and restaurants. Each room also had its own private pool, which was so great for Chloe. While having the ocean is amazing, but sometimes a private pool can be safer and more fun for babies to play in. I would definitely stay here again with Chloe and I recommend this to any family who wants to travel to Tulum!

4. Coqui Coqui Spa

This beautiful spa that you might recognize from this video was such an amazing spot to visit. I got an amazing all natural facial with a beautiful view, and I can’t wait to share more with you about it in another post coming soon!

chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-1
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-2
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-1-2
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-3
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-4

5. Posada.

This restaurant was right next to the Coral Hotel. One of Allen and I’s biggest regrets was not discovering this restaurant sooner. Posada has THE best pasta that I’ve ever tasted. All of their seafood was super fresh which was great because we learned that Chloe really loves fish! We loved this restaurant so much that one day we came here for lunch and dinner! We’ll definitely be back next year. Posada is also beach front and where Chloe met her friend! As seen here!

6. Hartwood Tulum

This restaurant is a little spot that Allen and I went to for my birthday dinner. You have to make a reservation a few weeks in advance because it gets really busy, but let me tell you, it was totally worth it! We had a beautiful dinner by candlelight under the stars- what better way to celebrate my birthday with my hubby!

chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-yucateco-1-2

chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-yucateco-1
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-yucateco-2
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-yucateco-3
chriselle_lim_5-places-to-visit-in-tulum-yucateco-2-2

6. Dona Tina

This was one of the best homemade Mexican food that we had. We ordered everything from tostadas to fried egg and everything in between. It was a little abuelita (grandma in Spanish!) that served us and cooked the food as well. While it’s nice and luxurious to go to a fancy beach-front restaurant, there’s nothing quite like experience the culture than a delicious hole in the wall in the town center.

And there you have it, my top six places to visit in Tulum! I hope this post has inspired you all to travel somewhere new this year! Tulum is an eccentric bohemian town that is extremely relaxing and healing at the same time. Not only are the beaches beautiful but there is a wide variety of amazing and healthy food along with green juice and yoga centers on every corner. Think mixing the old with the new, Mexican traditions combined with the new age movement, and tacos with green juice! It’s pretty much paradise!

Have a great day everyone!

sigxo_chriselle

• Martha says:

Aaaahhhh the memories.. we stayed in Playa del Carmen and drove to Tulum a few times… did 4 out of your list of 7 places! Found it one of the most blissful places on earth. Thank you for bringing back the memories!
    M x

• Cheryl E. West says:

We have stayed in Akumal twice and love this area . We had a great choice of restaurants. The beaches are beautiful and the snorkeling very easy and interesting. We hope to visit there again as our previous vacations there were the most relaxing ever. Thank you for your recommendations and beautiful photos.

• Megan Indoe says:

Wow! What a gorgeous collection of photos and great ideas to do in Tulum! We were going to have our wedding in Tulum, but it didn’t work out! We really need to go anyways, especially after this post reminded me of how badly we wanted to go in the first place! Thanks for sharing!

• Sarah says:

Wow everything looks so beautiful! Look at all the stars!

• Jil says:

That place really looks so relaxing!

Jil,

• Ev says:

Great post dear 😉

______________________
    PERSONAL STYLE BLOG

• after reading your 2 posts about Tulum, I literally changed my vacation plan and cannot wait to fly there~ Can you tell me how many days you stayed in Tulum? or how many days will you recommend to stay there? I was planning Cancun and Tulum for a week in total tho. Thanks.

• Coman says:

Hello Chriselle,
    Can you please tell us how much does it cost the entrance to Tulum Ruins and the photo camera fee?
    Nice post I love the photos. I am planninmg to go next year there in May.
    Thanks!

• Sacha says:

I love Tulum, I went there in February and it was one of the most amazing trips I’ve ever been on. Unfortunately for me to get to Tulum, I have to travel across the Atlantic Ocean so I won’t be going there again any time soon :-( !
    You (or your team) should have visites the Cenotes! It’s te entire reason why the little town of Tulum emerged bc they are the source for sweet water. The Coral hotel looks nice but if you ever plan on going back there with just your hubby you should definitely try Viento De Mar or BeTulum!

I didn’t like Posada Margherita at all, pasta didn’t taste as good as I had hoped and their dollar/peso rate was through the roof. I’m used to eating Italian pasta whenever I go to Milan and such so I really didn’t like it there.

I loved “Mezzanine” which was a Thai restaurant on the main street of Tulum and also Casa Jaguar and Gitano’s were places that I really liked.

I didn’t go to the Tulum Ruins because I travelled to Chichen Itza so that were enough ruins for me :-)

Tulum is absolutely stunning and I would love to go back!!

• Elizabeth T. says:

The Coral Hotel looks so lovely <3 I love how quiet and tranquil it is :) And all of the restaurants are amazing! The food looks so delicious! I'd actually just travel for food alone hahaha :) Thank you for sharing these awesome places to visit in Tulum, Chriselle!

XO, Elizabeth

• Patricia says:

I want to go to Mexico! Nice post!
    xoxo

• Ashley says:

Really hope to visit someday! Thanks for sharing these gorgeous pictures!!

XOXO, Ashley

• Alina says:

I want to disappear in these photos! Karen is an exquisite photographer – so inspiring!

• mainou says:

Thank you for sharing! Love all the travel photos =)
    -mainou

• Manuela says:

Dear chriselle Amazing place!
    Xoxo M.

• Thuy says:

It amuses me how pumped you get about Mexican food haha. Great post. Good bit about the logistics surrounding each place. Like the entrance fee and the professional photography fee. The stairs for Chloe. The reservation weeks in advance. All great inclusions. :)

• Natali says:

Oh my, oh my! I MUST visit Tulum someday soon! Thank you for sharing with us this piece of heaven!

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

I would love to visit this place for one of my next getaway opportunity. It looks like a hidden gem and a place of heaven. So beautiful. Merci for the tips! :)

La Bijoux Bella | by mia

• […] requests, here is my a post on the 5 places you have to visit in Tulum! from The Chriselle Factorhttp://thechrisellefactor.com/2016/05/7-places-to-visit-in-tulum/ from Tumblr […]