Korean Beauty, Skin Tips

5 Tips to Get Dewy Korean Skin

I’m probably one of the biggest beauty junkies out there, but rather than coveting the best makeup products I’m more interested in getting the best skincare. This is because I believe that having a foundation of healthy beautiful skin is very important in putting your best face forward. After all, what use is having the best foundation if your skin isn’t healthy and happy? So I love using Korean beauty products for this reason because Koreans are very specific in getting that flawless and dewy look! Achieving this dewy look is often a 360 approach from having a great cleanser to moisturizer, so today I’ll be sharing with you all 5 tips and products to leave your skin looking dewy and fresh!

chriselle_lim_dewy_complexion_sephora-1

chriselle_sephora_dewy_skin_egg_foam-1
chriselle_lim_dewy_complexion_sephora-2-5

1. Get a Brightening Cleanser

In my DIY face masks post, I often include egg as an ingredient. This is because eggs are great for tightening up pores and leaving the skin silky smooth, like the surface of an egg! This cleanser has a mousse texture that gently hydrates and purifies the skin. It gets into the pores and dissolves oil and dead skin cells to nourish the skin. It’s made with white egg yolk extracts that leaves skin feeling tight, hydrated and glowing! Many Korean products have brightening properties because brighter skin looks younger and more refreshed! (Like the I just woke up natural and glowing look!) The egg white extract in this cleanser purifies and brightens while the egg yolk extract moisturizes!

Shop | Too Cool For School Egg Mousse Soap

chriselle_lim_dewy_complexion_sephora-1-4
chriselle_lim_dewy_complexion_sephora-2-2

2. Reduce Pore Buildup

As you guys might have guessed from this post, I do struggle with the occasional blackhead. Luckily for me, this blackhead steam balm is amazing for clearing up blackheads. It really gets into the pores and removes unwanted dirt and oil. It’s a steam balm so it’s very unique in that it self-heats to open up the pores. I like using charcoal powder for my blackheads but this product is great because it’s also infused with sea salt and vitamins. Whenever I use this product, it leaves my skin feeling super moisturized and soft. All you have to do is massage a bit of the balm onto your blackheads or problem areas on your skin for three to five minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water! The key here is to massage continuously for that amount of time, and once you feel it starting to heat up you’ll know it’s working. This balm is great because it is less abrasive than using blackhead strips. Removing pore buildup is definitely a key to getting bright and dewy skin so this is a great maintenance product to use every few days!

Shop | Tony Moly Egg Blackhead Steam Balm

chriselle_lim_dewy_complexion_sephora-1-3

chriselle_lim_dewy_complexion_sephora-1-8
chriselle_lim_dewy_complexion_sephora-2-6

3. Get a Hydrating Moisturizer

I’m completely obsessed with keeping my skin hydrated, so whenever I travel you’d always catch me using a mist or putting a ton of oil on my face. (You’d be surprised by how much being on a plane can dry up your skin.) But most importantly, I always pack a good moisturizer. You can’t have dewy skin without having hydrated and supple skin! That’s why this Bamboo moisturizer is such an amazing product to keep your skin happy and hydrated. The bamboo sap in this product has amino acids to hydrate the skin and the fiber maintains the skin’s natural moisture. Every time I use this moisturizer, I can feel my skin instantly softer and rejuvenated. This moisturizer can also reduce skin fatigue after a while! Skin fatigue can be caused by stress and just the everyday wear & tear of your skin from the elements. (Or from constant traveling.) This bamboo moisturizer has a calming aqua-bamboo scent that makes me feel like I’m back at a Korean Spa when I use it! The best part about this product is that it can be a mask or a moisturizer. And you guys know how much I love double duty products. Leave a thick layer on your face for 10 minutes as a mask or apply a thin layer so your skin can absorb it for the ultimate hydrating experience!

ShopEborian Waterlock Bamboo moisturizer

chriselle_lim_dewy_complexion_sephora-1-5
chriselle_lim_dewy_complexion_sephora-2-3

4. Use Essence

You might remember me talking about the 3-step beauty routine that Koreans use not too long ago. Essence is a very important first step because it acts as a nutritious serum that packs your skin with vitamins and preps it for the moisturizer. This essence leaves my skin very supple and dewy!

First introduced in 1897, Eudermine is one of Shiseido’s oldest products, but it’s a formula that keeps improving with the time. This softening lotion is unique in that it responds to the climate around you to keep your skin’s moisture level consistent regardless of location or time of year. Which is great for keeping my skin hydrated, regardless of whether I’m in Korea or New York! For my readers that also gets dry skin during the winter, this is the product for you. This essence is super popular in Asia and it’s just now making it’s way over to the U.S. (But you guys saw it here first!)

Shop | Shiseido Eudermine Revitalizing Essence

chriselle_lim_dewy_complexion_sephora-1-6
chriselle_lim_dewy_complexion_sephora-2-4

5. Massage Your Face

After my visit to Shangpree Spa in Korea, I’ve really become hooked onto the idea of massaging my face to improve circulation for brighter and more youthful skin. It’s a wellness approach that goes beyond just using skincare products. Rather than simply applying a product quickly to get it over with, I’m really taking the time to make sure every part of my skin absorbs the product for that silky smooth finish. I typically go in an upward and out motion, like I’m pushing toxins away from my face! For this massaging technique, I like to use a very nutritious essence like this Maycoop Raw Sauce! This essence is full of antioxidants and free radicals that support cell-regeneration. It also has a silky smooth non-sticky texture that allows it to be quickly absorbed into the skin. The maple tree sap particles in this essence helps prep skin to better absorb your other products & leaves the skin looking more hydrated and dewy!

Shop | Maycoop Raw Sauce

chriselle_sephora_dewy_skin_flawless-1-3
chriselle_sephora_dewy_skin_flawless-1

And there you have it, my 5 tips to get dewy skin! And the best part is that all of these products are available at Sephora so having dewy skin is completely achievable! Which tip are you guys going to try first?

chriselle_sephora_dewy_skin_flawless_product-1

sigxo_chriselle

• Julia says:

Hey Chriselle,
    I had a lot of pore buildup and was looking for recommendations. Love this post! Wish you uploaded an updated version!!

• Derma Devine says:

Aw, this was an incredibly good post. Finding the time and
    actual effort to create a great article… but what can I say…
    I hesitate a whole lot and don’t manage to get nearly anything done.

• KL says:

I have Combination skin so i was curios if you have any suggestions on products for someone like me? I’ve tried a lot of facial products before, this includes toner and moisturizer, even those that says its for oily skin, but it still makes my face oily. For toner and face wash, it gets the job done at first, but after an hour it starts making my face feeling oily. As for moisturizer, whenever i apply it during the morning, it doesn’t seem to absorb well and makes my face feeling greasy. It only works and absorbs well when i apply it during night time, before i go to bed. Hmm, I don’t see you listing any toner products in here, i assume you use the essence instead of toner?

• Carrie says:

very useful, Also try out those ways that I have found for whitening the skin naturally, you’ll get nice results

• Mary Jane says:

I was excited to purchase the raw sauce until I saw the main ingredient is alcohol. It might feel nice at first, but in the long run will break down the collagen in your skin causing you to age faster.

• Rae says:

Lovely tips and stunning photography – really I just love the product photography here. Thanks for the advice!

Rae of Love from Berlin
    Bloglovin’ // instagram

• I also struggle with blackheads! They are so gross! I agree, they are the key to getting clean, luminous skin. Thank you for these recommendations!

• Anisha says:

Will surely indulge this in my beauty regimen.
    TY Chriselle 🙂

• Sassy Susan says:

It ALL looks & sounds fabulous, except there’s NO SPF in the moisturizer:(

• Mira says:

Fresh and healthy skin is the best to wear! I love your article! I definintly want to get the egg blackhead steam balm 😀 My friend was wondering something, she is on your website as much as I am. But she has a darker skintone, would korean products work for her? I know alot of products on the korean market are organic which is always good 😀

• Love all the suggestions…. am a product junkie, so excited to try some of these. Stay inspired! xoxo, Robin at THE INSPIRED blog on Life, Love and the Pursuit of Style

• The blackhead steam balm. I have yet to try a product that actually works on my blackheads. Hope this works!

• Sophie says:

Definitely encouraging you to come out with that book on beauty tips your mom has given you;)

• Lovey says:

So beautiful. Love these tips!
    xoxo

• Viviene Kok says:

Great informative post! By the way Chriselle, there is an ‘L’ missing in note (1). 🙂

Real Life Nerd // http://www.vivienekok.blogspot.com

• I just head Estee Lauder is teaming up with a Korean skincare brand! Really excited to incorporate more of those products into my routine. Looking into some of these products, I’m SO on the Korean bandwagon ha <3 x

• Desimira says:

I would love to try the Bamboo moisturizer.

• Jalisa says:

Wow, these products seem very interesting, I’ve never heard of them before! Thanks so much for sharing, I’ll be sure to check them out!

XO,

Jalisa

• bshujewelry says:

I’m obsessed with my skin, after having really bad skin in my early adulthood, I appreciate nice skin even more now! It is seriously the best thing we can wear 🙂
    I am so happy more and more korean beauty products are coming here, because they are really the best!
    Trying new beauty products feels like christmas and I am definitely going to try the bamboo waterlock moisturizer and the maycoop raw sauce.

Looking forward to more great tips 🙂

• Ji Yeon says:

Making me want to go out and buy all those products! Yes! Couldn’t agree more about laying a beautiful foundation – our skin! Thank you so much for all your tips <3

• annie lee says:

seriously, i’m korean living abroad – but koreans in KOREA have the BEST SKIN ever! do i need to move now? lol

• Elizabeth T. says:

I love the dewy Korean skin look so much, and I agree that it’s definitely a lot of work, but the results are so satisfying 🙂
    The Egg Mouse cleanser has been getting so many positive reviews lately! I’m definitely going to try it soon! And Eudermine is one of my mom’s fave products too <3 I occasionally borrow some of it, and it feels amazing on my skin!
    Thank you for sharing all of these amazing finds, Chriselle! Have a great day!

XO, Elizabeth

• mash says:

Been wanting to try the essence as I have been seeing them a lot in Sephora! Might as well grab it now 🙂 Love your posts on skin care <3

Mash

• Sheela Goh says:

Definitely the Egg Blackhead Steam Balm. It’s actually in my shopping cart right now so the moment appears right 🙂 I’m also currently trying out the Erborian
    Pâte au Ginseng Black Concentrated Mask and will get to the Bamboo Waterlock Mask after it finishes 🙂

• Huong says:

I’m also a beauty product junky! Love taking care of my skin & especially love Korean products! Thanks for sharing!!

• Jada Nicola says:

Thank you for the tips! Can’t wait to try!
    Tell Karen that her photography is amazing and it is very much appreciated by me as a reader! Great work!

• Audrey says:

Chriselle your new hairstyle really frames your face perfectly… you look so beautiful! I have a problem with blackheads and clogged pores too… like major problems, and that egg pore steam balm is so adorable I’m going to look for it in sephora!!

Velveteencockroach

• sanssouci says:

Your photography and tips are always top!

• sasa says:

Always love SKII<3

Shall We Sasa

• Katie says:

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Your skin always looks so amazing!

Katie

Halloween Costume Inspo on the Blog today!

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

I truly truly truly believe that great makeup starts at the base of having and maintaining good skincare. Great makeup, less the foundation to work with no matter how the artistry it’s just as if a beauty masterpiece is being painted on a napkin instead of on a good canvas. :). Grazie for such a valuable skincare post.

By the way, the Bamboo Waterlock looks good enough to eat. 🙂