Korean Beauty, Skin Tips, TRAVEL

5 Korean Beauty Musts

You guys know that I’m obsessed with beauty products. Especially since I have to wear so much makeup during the day for photo and video shoots, I actually have a very serious and dedicated beauty routine at night to take care of my skin. It basically consists of a really good cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and face masks! (& If you follow me on snapchat @chrisellelim you’d see that while some people go to the club, I stay at home with my light-up anti-wrinkle wand! #beautyjunkielife) And as an official beauty junkie, lately I’ve obsessed with Korean beauty products. Korean girls are usually featured with dewy flawless skin and youthful bright eyes. When it comes to Korean products, there are 5 things that Koreans focus on to achieve that perfect flawless beauty look. Today I’ll be sharing with you guys my top products that focuses on these 5 elements!

chriselle_lim_5_korean_beauty_musts-2
chriselle_lim_5_korean_beauty_musts-1-2

1. V-shaped Jaw Line

Korean beauty really values having a strong jawline, or more specifically, a v-shaped face! Eating foods with toxins or high in salts can cause your face bloat but for me, it’s if I don’t get enough sleep or if I don’t drink enough water! (Which is my biggest concern for when I’m filming the next day…) Like I mentioned here, ice can be effective in slimming down your face in the morning. But I found this massage online that you can do to also slim your face down and achieve that V shape jawline. I think faces comes in all different shapes and sizes, but there are some ways you can do to make your jawline look stronger. Focusing on your diet and contouring can also help to bring out your face shape! (Plus, diet should be one of the first things to focus on because beauty comes from within!)

2. Flawless Skin

Use this micro-targeting products to achieve perfect skin!

Not just in Korean culture, but across all cultures, having flawless skin is highly coveted. To take care of pimples or scars caused by acne, my cure for those troubling spots are these products that target those specific issues. For stubborn acne during that time of the month, I love to use these trouble patches from Missha. They are essentially stickers you apply onto the pimple. It’s super cool because the stickers have concentrated amounts of tea tree oil and salicylic acid, know ingredients to combat acne. The tea tree has antibacterial properties and reduces redness while the salicylic acids dries up the pimple. (And if you caught my snapchat @chrisellelim yesterday, you’d know I got a pimple right before filming a beauty video ugh!) I definitely put these to good use after I got home.

And for stubborn blackheads remember to use a pore cleansing mask 1-2 times a week to remove toxins! Living in the city, I am exposed to a lot of these toxins and often times when I’m doing my nightly routine a lot of dirt is still on the skin. So once in a while, I like to use my volcanic clay and charcoal nose strips to detoxifies for squeaky clean pores!

chriselle_lim_5_korean_beauty_musts-2-2

3. Soft Dewy Skin

A lot of Korean products, like face masks, help to promote having soft dewy skin because it’s that highly coveted fresh-faced #iwokeuplikethis look, even though we didn’t really wake up like that! I’ve also been obsessed with face masks lately because they’re what I rely on to have a fresh face despite getting minimal sleep from taking care of Chloe. I love this 2-part skin glow from Mizon because it’s made with carbonated water from France that are rich in minerals. This powder pack is amazing when I need a bit of a pickup. This mask can immediately brighten up a dull and dehydrated face. The lemon in the powder pack is great for brightening since it has vitamin c and natural lightening properties for all your dark spots! The tingling sensation you feel after applying it helps clear away toxins and gives you a supple and radiant glow.

Sleeping masks are also great because it works overnight so that you can wake up with dewy skin. Not to mention I’m definitely on board if I see anything with collagen in it’s ingredients. Collagen is the most common protein in the human body, comprising about 30 percent of the body’s protein content. It is what gives the skin bounce and maintain its elasticity. As we age, collagen tends to break down reducing the skin’s elasticity. So with products like this, you can bring your skin back to that supple and soft glow! It’s important for me to keep my skin happy and hydrated so I rely a lot on face masks and sleeping masks!

Mizon Vita Lemon Sparkling Powder | Tony Moly Sleeping Pack

chriselle_lim_5_korean_beauty_musts-1-4
chriselle_lim_5_korean_beauty_musts-2-3

4. Bright Youthful Eyes

A lot of women depicted in Korean media have very bright and youthful looking eyes. This is such a struggle for me as the biggest thing I struggle with all the time is dark under eye circles! But here are two Korean products that I love using to help target my problem area to achieve that bright eyed look. Do you guys remember me using this funny eye mask with Allen on my snapchat from a while back? This mask is great for your eyes because it’s packed with enriching minerals, amino acids, and proteins. It also feels intensely cool and hydrating! The hydrogel material is so unique because it contains black pearl and gold to accelerate the rejuvenation process and help fight fine lines while balancing your skin tone.

This TonyMoly eye corrector is also my latest secret weapon for dealing with my dark under eyes. (Not to mention the TonyMoly line is not only affordable but also incredibly effective.) The consistency is silky smooth and the fast-working formula is packed with a mixture of brighteners that hydrate and lighten the thin skin around your eyes. Remember to apply eye creams with your ring finger since it has the softest touch, and never rub hard!

Shangpree Gold Black Pearl Eye MaskTony Moly Panda’s Dream Goodbye Dark Eye Corrector |

5. 3-step Process

These 3 steps should never be neglected!

Of course, it wouldn’t be a Korean skincare regimen without a 3-Step process: tone, serum, and moisture! I grew up watching my mom apply her nightly routine in 3 steps and now it’s become ingrained in me to also have multiple steps in my routine. Toning is essential for balancing the skin as many times our skin is off balance. The natural ph for skin is around 5.5 (acidic) so we have to remember to tone. If your cleanser is a little harsh and leaves your skin feeling tight, it’s definitely better for your skin to tone after! Serum is also jam-packed with essential vitamins that can be so beneficial for the skin. I personally love anything with Vitamin c and retinol (only applied at night, great for anti-aging because it promotes cell renewal). Finally, moisturizer to lock it all in. And if you’re like me, another step would be to add a sleeping mask!

chriselle_lim_5_korean_beauty_musts-3-2
chriselle_lim_5_korean_beauty_musts-4-2

And there you have it, my product breakdown to achieve that Korean beauty look! I just love Korean beauty products because all the products are super customizable to fit your face needs!  Make sure you tune into my Youtube Channel in the next few weeks! I’ll be sharing an updated video all about my skincare for you guys!

Happy Wednesday!

sigxo_chriselle

• Welyn says:

I have a v-shaped face but I am still not happy with my face. When I put lighter under my eyes they become smaller so I don`t use lighter. I love Korean skin and style. When I was a kid I dreamed of smooth skin and big eyes. Thank you for sharing your article. Your look is amazing.

• Christine says:

Thank you for sharing Chriselle! I was wondering whether you find that the nose strips may cause larger pores? I’ve heard this theory before.

• Xiao Xuan says:

The post is amazing, thanks for sharing!!

Xiao Xuan

• Thanks for this post you inspire me to keep up with my daily beauty regime

• Julia says:

This post is amazing !!! Thank you so much for these products !!! Definitely getting a few !!!!
    And I love that most aren’t expensive and accessible (I did not know Urban Outfitter sells Korean products !!!)
    Once again, thank you so much Chriselle !!!

Julia
    xoxo

juliafashionista.com

• Blossom says:

Hi
    I am a new mom and I am breastfeeding.
    I was told that breastfeeding moms should not use any BHA or Retinol products.

• Amy says:

great tips and products and is that top you’re wearing from Express??

• Rachel says:

Such a great post! Love your blog 🙂

Rachel

• Vivian says:

Love the packaging for the Panda’s Dream!

Vivian | LIVE . IN . LOVE

~

• Zarrah says:

3 step process sounds familiar to me.
    Love this

The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

• YV says:

I love the styling of the photos, you have an amazing eye!

• Vanessa says:

I love the photos you have here, so colorful!
    I don’t use much of Korean beauty products, but I love the Korean BB cream.
    Do you have any recommendation?

meilijourney.blogspot.com

• Honey says:

Beside how good the korean products are, the packaging is always the best part for me! Love how adorable they all are 🙂
    Thanks for sharing

XxHoney

• Rhea says:

Really appreciate the hard work you put into every post! Love your blog!
    xx

• melissa says:

I need to try all of these <3
    xo,
    Melissa
    MissyOnMadison.com

• LOVEKiKUE says:

Thank you so much for sharing your skincare beauty secrets! Korean face masks are always my favorite too!

Love,
    Kikue

• Great list Chriselle! We don’t have access to any Korean brands in the Netherlands so I’ll have to wait until I go to Asia in the fall!

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia says:

Wow … So much goodies to feast on. Each product are so carefully crafted even down to it’s packaging, such an eye catching view. Nicely displayed of the products makes you want to buy them all. What a treat! 🙂

La Bijoux Bella | by mia

• Stephanie says:

The Koreans really know their skin!! Great suggestions.

I’m a fashion blogger in NYC; check out sustenanceandstyle.com to see my favorite dresses from Paris Couture Week. Visit Sustenance and Style to stay up to date on the best of NYC’s fashion and food. See you there xx

– Stephanie

• Elizabeth T. says:

Love all of these products, especially that Tony Moly Panda Eye Cream <3 It's so cute!
    Haha, and if you're looking for another sleeping mask, you should definitely try Laneige's! 🙂
    It's amazing, and they offer a regular formula, as well as a firming one 🙂
    Thank you so much for sharing!

xoxo, elizabeth t.

• safia says:

PS: your pictures’ quality is supa-dupa GOOD !

• safia says:

I’m quit obsessed with korean beauty bible, the most intresting thing , the amount of free samples you get once you buy a korean beauty product , it’s insane but awesome <3
    xoxo

• Victoria says:

They all sound amazing!! I’ve heard great things about Korean skincare, plus the packaging is beautiful!!
    Lots of love 🙂

• Korean beauty products are the best. They totally agree with my skin. But it’s so hard to get your hands on them. Will definitely look into your recommendations 🙂
    thanks love,
    Zunaira Sulman

• Anne says:

These are super cute! I am trying some of these.

• Woah this is awesome! I really love how your skin glows. Will definitely check out those masks for soft dewy skin – it’s my favorite look!

Velveteencockroach

• sasa says:

I tried the Amore Pacific one! Love it:)

Shall We Sasa

• Emmy says:

I love your outlook on skincare! Definitely being dedicated is a help in achieving beautiful skin- so many women just wash and moisturize! (If that!)

Also love the little captions over your photos in the blog posts…do you edit them on the photo or are they a separate element in the post?
    XOXO
    Boys and Bombshell

• Kate says:

Not only do these look like great products, they are packaged so cute!

Kate

• Christianne says:

This is very nice to know. If I will get a chance to visit Korea I will definitely get beauty products.

• Liz says:

thanks for sharing — definitely have to try these

giveaway on my blog!

• Danielle says:

Thank you very much for sharing these beauty tips. I admire Korean women’s skin. These beautiful women never age, and their skin is really flawless.