chriselle_how_to_take_care_of_your_shoes-6-700x466
Tips

How to Take Care of Your Boots

chriselle_how_to_take_care_of_your_boots

Now that fall is here, it’s time to bring out the boots to welcome the new season. Here are some tips I have to take care of your boots to be fall ready!

chriselle_how_to_take_care_of_your_shoes-2

1. A Small Dab of Olive Oil

A little trick I like to use to give my leather booties a little more shine is a using olive oil. Apply a SMALL amount on a towel / wipe to give your boots that shiny finish! The great thing about using olive oil is that it’s an organic method and after a few days the shine will fade so it’s not permanent if you decide you don’t like it.

chriselle_how_to_take_care_of_your_shoes-6

2. Keep Your Shoeboxes

While I love lining up my shoes in a row because there’s just something so satisfactory about seeing them together, I also like to keep some of my more expensive shoes in their boxes. That way, they’re stored properly and kept in the best condition possible!

chriselle_how_to_take_care_of_your_shoes-5

3. Stuff Your Shoes

Be sure to stuff your taller boots when you’re not wearing them so they maintain their shape. Doing this will make sure the fabric of the shoes aren’t bending or getting damaged. And the boots will look sleeker when you’re wearing them too!

chriselle_how_to_take_care_of_your_shoes-4

4. Use a Welt Brush

This is my least favorite part of boot up-keeping, but brushing off the dirt and random specks can keep the fabric of your boot from permanently staining or damaging the leather. The bristles of this brush can also help to make the leather shinier!

chriselle_how_to_take_care_of_your_shoes-1

5. Use 50/50 Lemon & Water

When my shoes get dirty, I like using a 50/50 mixture of lemon juice and water to wipe them down. The acidity in the lemon helps break down the dirt and grime so your shoes will be as good as new!

We spend so much time picking out our shoes that we should also put in the same effort to take care of them too. What are some tips you guys have to take care of your boots?

thechrisellefactor_FINALxoblack

• “have this kind of large analysis, will be the in theory for your difficulty of” wicked “to offer a affordable reason. This kind of outline will be affordable because initial, maintain the used from the Confucius and also mencius’s principle regarding advantage “position. Mencius sexual intercourse excellent, Confucius by no means right sexual intercourse excellent, yet Confucius,Cheap Replica Designer Sunglasses, benevolence could be the essential feature, is the same as the idea regarding many

• Yifeng、右? コンバース FURIFURI ‘突く李Yifengを、李Yifeng反抗精神が非常に強い邪眼のインストラクターことを確認して、彼を合図し、私は&#2935

• Irina says:

Thanks Chriselle for great tips! I live in Malta and we have a very high humidity level, so the shoes that are not wore occasionally are got moulded. For example this happens with winter shoes during the summer period. Do you think what to do in this case? Also, i am a bit confused how to arrange the storage of the shoes – on a separate shelf, in a box, inside a wardrobe or … I prefer to see what I have, but i never managed to arrange them that way yet. Would be great if you have some tips and ideas :) thank you!

• Why how to restore jordan 3 it is important to hire commercial carpet cleaning Sydney Just like home, it is very important to clean carpets jordan 3 cleats in offices and commercial buildings also. A neat carpet not only grabs the attention of your business partner jordan retro 3 black but also ensure good health and hygiene. If your office is in Sydney, then it is must that at some point of time you will definitely need the services of carpet cleaning companies. Though there is no doubt that yo

• Civil reselling welfare enclosure prices than the market price connected with $ 2,000Hexi center body placement, Changsha Municipal opposite; Changsha beside the four elite Changjun bilingual studios have Hexi largest shopping malls, an excellent hospital in Changsha, which was written in the 58 city Changsha radio station a Sale , but it is not selling real estate, but a target. hang out at the website index Keung said there Octagon this valuable indicator can buy two personal housing, will als

• Lily says:

SUEDE TIP…

To clean suede boots, use a suede brush or rubber brush to get off any actual dirt and then if you are left with stains/water marks…VERY LIGHTLY dampen suede all over by wetting your brush and VERY lightly brushing over, stuff with newspaper and leave to dry then ‘fluff up’ with brush. Will even out colour totally.

• Shandra says:

Love the half lemon half water trick! I learned from Juicystar07 to put rolled up magazines in my boots instead of stuffing them! So easy and great use for old magazines.

• Miss Pippi says:

Thank you for the tips. I will definitely try the one with olive oil.

• thefolia says:

Some great AND natural tricks without the toxic smell! I like to clean my shoes before I put them back into the closet…this is especially important if your closet is in the same room where you rest your head. You don’t want to drag dirt and grim from the outdoors in your bedroom! Happy Nesting.

• gigi says:

Awesome advice. I’m dusting off my boots already here in NY. I can’t wait. I definitely need to share your page with my friends.

• mc says:

Super helpful Chriselle ! Thanks for sharing =)

-mc

• Yvonne says:

Thank you for the great tips, especially for the fifth one. Never tried that before! I may start cleaning my boots with that.

• Dorothee says:

Only yesterday I was cleaning my fave boots and was thinking how wonderful it would be to have some fine tips on how to care for them properly. This is great and so timely. Thank you

• VH says:

Thanks for the tips! It’s always such a headache trying to figure our how to clean boots without using expensive products.

• Hiromi says:

Wonderful and helpful tips! Thanks so much for sharing them!

• Melissa says:

Such a cute idea for a post Chriselle! I never know how to care for my boots properly…now I do 😉
    xo,
    Melissa
    MissyOnMadison.com

• Joyce says:

Thanks for the great tips!

What do you do with your suede boots?

• Lulu says:

Can I use the 50/50 solution on mansur graveil leather tote?

• […] 10. And speaking of boots, here are THE BEST tips on how to keep em’ in perfect condition. (via Chriselle Factor).  […]

• julie vue says:

Will these methods work on suede? I have a pair of jeffrey campbells and got dirt on it. Really don’t want to make it worse.

• ALINA says:

Great tips Chriselle! I never heard of the 50/50 method either but I’d love to try. <3

xo, Alina
    STYLE BY ALINA

• Vivian says:

thank you for sharing and I’ll definitely try the 50/50 lemon water method

xoxo,
    Vivian
    wisteriavoyage.com

• Emi & Kimi says:

love these tips! perfect for the boots i just got:)

• Soumya says:

Great Tips, Chriselle! I have the same question as Christine, though! Tips for suede boots? I put the waterproofing spray on them once in a while but I’m not sure how to handle already dirty shoes.

• Christine says:

Thanks for the tips, but how do you take care of suede boots or shoes with suede insoles? One of my biggest headaches :(

• Stacey Ahn says:

Thanks for the tips Chriselle! I was just curious, where did you get the container that you used for the 50/50 water & lemon?

Thanks so much!

• I’ve never heard of a trick with lemon and water! Will def try it next time, thanks! :)

• Shirley says:

Thoughts on shoe polish?

• Bethann says:

These are fantastic tips! I’m a huge boot love her and appreciate knowing a little bit more about caring for them now! The lemon juice and water one is new to me!

• Steph says:

Thank you so much for these great tips!! Love that post!! More of these kind 😀

• Juliana says:

Great tips, thanks! I definitely need to bring out my boots sometime soon.

XOXO JuJu

• Chriselle says:

You are welcome love! I’m waiting patiently to bring out my boots! It’s been too hot in LA lately (we’ve been having a heat wave) I want to wear my boots already! Lol :)

• Dunya says:

Amazing advice and tips thank you!

• Claire says:

Thanks for the tips! But I think it’s really hard to take care of suede boots (especially the light colored ones!) :S But I think I learned something new today <3

New Post: Glen 900
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

• This is perfect! Just what I need as cold weather is coming!

• ??????? ???? says:

データ処理会社のADP以前は3月5日に発表したデータによると、アメリカ2月のADPの雇用者数の増加に13.9万人増加し、予想16,グッチ バッグ.0万人で、前&