Feeling at Home

0703-bev-hills (52 of 296)-Edit

When I’m traveling I often get so homesick that it makes traveling hard. I’ll especially miss my cute frenchies Mignon and Captain, and of course my husband Allen. So when I travel, I always make it a point to bring with me things that will remind me of home. Here are some tips I have to still feel like home when you’re traveling!

0703-bev-hills (144 of 246)-Edit

1. The first thing I do when I get to the hotel room is UNPACK! What says you’re on the go than a messy suitcase? I love hanging up all my clothes and arranging my shoes perfectly in the hotel closet to remind me of my closet at home.

0703-bev-hills (75 of 246)-Edit

2. I always bring a candle with me when traveling because the comforting fragrance reminds me of home. And it’s always nice to add a personal touch to such an impersonal hotel room.

0703-bev-hills (89 of 246)-Edit

0703-bev-hills (115 of 246)-Edit

0703-bev-hills (106 of 246)-Edit

3. When I’m traveling it’s hard to eat healthy so that’s why I always order fruit and green juice (my fav) to make sure I get my daily dose of greens in.

0703-bev-hills (122 of 246)-Edit

0703-bev-hills (102 of 246)-Edit

4. Being in a new city or country can be daunting, but I find that lounging or curling up in bed with a good book helps me relax, and in an hour or two I’m ready to explore!

0703-bev-hills (58 of 296)-Edit

0703-bev-hills (56 of 296)-Edit

As work gets more hectic, I’m finding that it’s really hard to take a break from my schedule to go on vacation. That’s why staying at the Montage in Beverly Hills was the perfect mini getaway I needed to relax and recuperate. The hotel is so glamorous and beautiful that it really took me away from LA, despite being in the heart of it all. Maybe it was the contemporary architecture mixed with elements of grandeur that made the hotel seem larger than life. The warm tonal colors of the hotel was also the perfect combination of luxurious and comfort, which was exactly what I needed to recharge. It’s so important to allow personal time for yourself so you don’t get burnt out.

I’m now currently in NY for work, and even though it’s a fairly short trip, I definitely did these four steps right when I got into my hotel room. What are some tips you guys have to stay reminded of home when you’re traveling? I’d love to know!

Shirt: Assali

Necklace: Jennifer Zeuner

Bracelet: Miansai

• Rebeca N. says:

I just received the white dress in the mail.LOVE IT!!!! Thank you Chriselle..Love your style and tips.

• cleshawn says:

These are great tips, indeed! I will be putting them to use. :)

xx/ http://www.hometohem.com

• Yana says:

Love these tips! I agree, feeling organized upon arrival makes a world of a difference when traveling, especially for extended stays. I bring along a linen spray that reminds me of our bedroom so that I immediately feel welcomed!

• pallawi says:

great tips! I’ll surely try and incorporate them when I travel the next time. Great pics. This hotel looks like a great, fun place.

• Elifnaz says:

Great tips! Lovely pics! You look fabulous

• Cindy says:

Lovely tips! Can’t wait to apply these when I travel.

• Shann V says:

I could sure utilize these tips! I always leave all my stuff together on the sofa in hotels so I don’t forget anything but I can see how hanging up your clothing would make it feel a little more homely. I like the idea of a scented candle too! I often just relax in the tub for ages when I’m at a hotel by myself & a candle seems like a nice addition!

The Fashann Monster

• Juliana says:

I spend a lot of time in the bathroom (fixing my hair, putting make up, doing my nails, getting dressed) so i always lay out my perfumes on a mirror tray that i bring with me and i put my makeup brushes in my makeup cup. These little things remind me of back home. I like the idea of scented candle, i have to steal it 😉

XOXO JuJu

• Natali says:

I think that I can relate to everything that you wrote in this post! Eating fresh fruits and drinking green juice is something I always do when travelling to make sure that I do get the daily dose of goodness in my system :)

• Claire says:

This place is stunning and beautiful! Yeah, I always have fruits and veggie when travelling <3

New Post: Eyelet Top
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

• Vivian says:

Bringing your favourite scented candle is such a great tip!

LIVE . IN . LOVE

• Amazing images! The Montage is so elegant!
    First thing I do too when I arrive in a hotel is unpack and have everything nicely arranged. Love it when they have plenty of nice hangers and lots of storage space!
    x Nina