TRAVEL

The Village

chriselle_Lim_samchungddong_Seoul_korea_Esquivel_Shoes_george_Ferragamo_12

chriselle_Lim_samchungddong_Seoul_korea_Esquivel_Shoes_george_Ferragamo_10chriselle_Lim_samchungddong_Seoul_korea_Esquivel_Shoes_george_Ferragamo_1

chriselle_Lim_samchungddong_Seoul_korea_Esquivel_Shoes_george_Ferragamo_9

chriselle_Lim_samchungddong_Seoul_korea_Esquivel_Shoes_george_Ferragamo_5

chriselle_Lim_samchungddong_Seoul_korea_Esquivel_Shoes_george_Ferragamo_2

chriselle_Lim_samchungddong_Seoul_korea_Esquivel_Shoes_george_Ferragamo_3

chriselle_Lim_samchungddong_Seoul_korea_Esquivel_Shoes_george_Ferragamo_4

chriselle_Lim_samchungddong_Seoul_korea_Esquivel_Shoes_george_Ferragamo_6

chriselle_Lim_samchungddong_Seoul_korea_Esquivel_Shoes_george_Ferragamo_11

chriselle_Lim_samchungddong_Seoul_korea_Esquivel_Shoes_george_Ferragamo_8

As I’ve been traveling to Korea for the past 3 years, it’s as if my level of attachment increases every time I visit the motherland. I have a sense of belonging when I’m in Korea…possibly it has to do with my fond childhood memories? I lived in Korea from year 1994-1997.  Although I attended a foreign school where all my neighbors and teachers were like myself, Korean-American, but this is where I discovered my love for fashion and pop culture. And 2 decades later ….. I’m back to my grass roots of where it all began.

I spent a lot of my time in a small area called Samcheong-dong ( 삼청동) , a hilly neighborhood with an endless amount of hidden cafes, galleries, and shops. As we were roaming around  I discovered in a quiet alley a traditional style looking house,  but to my surprise it ended up being a record shop  mixed in with a cafe. I absolutely adore how this particular shop was juxtaposed by both the old  and the new, similar to my personal style.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far! I’m currently in Hong Kong right now , and it’s been absolutely nonstop with shoots, meetings, and of course sight seeing. There is inspiration everywhere, and I can’t wait to share all my experiences with you!

sig-logo-9-125x125

OUTFIT DETAILS

Flats: Esquivel Shoes

Sweater: 360 Sweater (similar one HERE)

Skirt: from Korea but similar one HERE & HERE

Necklace: Jennifer Zeuner

Purse: Salvatore Ferragamo

• I’ve only been to Korea once for 3 days, not long enough, hah!! But can’t wait to go back….the food and cute little cafes are amazing I hear.

• LaRie Taylor says:

Love, love this post, it’s so inspiring. I love travel and hill towns with quaint coffee shops…

-https://inspiredshe.wordpress.com

• Borse Fendi says:

Democratpcp e grpllpnp votano pnspeme pn Commpsspone al Senato e boccpano pl ddl dp Forza Italpa,, che reagpsce furposa: 8220;Toghe rosse pn azpone, cp saranno conseguenze8221;E8217; stato dp fatto boccpato pl dpsegno dp legge sulla responsabplptà cpvple dep magpstratp, voluto fortemente dal centrodestra.
    I senatorp del Pd,, p parlamentarp grpllpnp e glp ex 5 Stelle hanno approvato, pn commpsspone Gpustpzpa del Senato, l8217;emendamento del M5S che cancella l8217;art.1, cpoè pl cuore d

• Melissa says:

Love that skirt and bag! So cute Chriselle :)
    xo,
    Melissa
    MissyOnMadison.com

• Inna says:

Interesting post

• mc says:

Thanks for sharing Chriselle ! Love your outfit and the cafe =)

-mc

• Katerina says:

I’m in love with your outfit! So cute! xx

• Anna says:

Just started following you on Instagram and am loving all ur pics! I’m from hk but now live in melbourne…seeing ur pics of hk make me miss it very much! I’m also visiting seoul later this year and can’t wait to explore samcheong dong!! would love to visit this cafe you blogged about very much! Can u share the name or directions to get there? Thanks so much xx

• Crystael says:

Love the nude oxfords :)

• I feel like blue is a must.have for this summer!

• If you like Samcheong-dong you should also check out Buam dong next time you’re in Seoul! Similar vibes with the juxtaposition of the old/new and very charming. I would recommend Art for Life cafe there. You can see pics of the quirky yet beautiful cafe on my blog! :)

• Chriselle says:

Thank you for the recommendation! I will make sure to check out your blog 😉 and I can’t wait to come back! Thnks for stopping by! xoxo

• That purse is too adorable Chriselle. Love the whole vibe of this look. Beautiful <3

STYLE BY ALINA

• Vivian says:

The cafe looks beautiful, love this powder blue ensemble~ Have fun in HK!

LIVE.IN.LOVE

~

• Juliana says:

I was hoping you would post something like this while you were in Korea. Thanks! Looking great as always.

XOXO JuJu

• Natali says:

Perfect bag and shoes! You look lovely!

• Claire says:

Love the blue tone on this outfit! Hope you’re having a great time in Asia <3

New Post: EMBROIDERED IN BLUE
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

• shandy says:

Beautiful outfit. . The bottom is really cute and the shoes makes it really peppy

• Jenny Tsang says:

Have always wanted to visit Korea someday, discover these little gems here and there, just like how I feel about Hong Kong (my motherland). Everytime I leave there, it feels like I’m truly leaving home. Hope you will enjoy your adventures in Hong Kong 😉

xo Jenny
    Tsangtastic.com

• Chriselle says:

Hi Jenny, so far I am. I am absolutely in LOVE with Hong Kong :) I can’t wait to come back.

Hope to hear from you again!

xoxo

• it seems like so much fun! and loving the blue! x

• Emma says:

Gorgeous shades of baby blue!
    emmastyleguide.blogspot.com

• Fabulous 30s says:

Gorgeous photos. I cannot wait to see mor photos. Your outfit is gorgeous as always. That sweater is perfect.

Fabulous 30s

• Jessica Rose says:

I feel a bit like that when I go back to Ireland….a sense of being pulled back to your roots.. ;))

• 김도은 says:

안녕하세요!! My name is danny kim. i recently started instagram and i saw u at instagram. In korea only a few people do instagram. so i was so glad to see LIM on instagram. After that, i could know u were korean american.Then i decided to be ur fan! Infact, before i knew u, i was so interested in lots of korean americans. (Cuz i really like their youtube videos^^). Then i heard u visit seoul! Now im so glad that u enjoyed our motherland :) 자주 오세요ㅎㅎ

• Dilek says:

I have always loved Asian culture and cities, but as I have abundantly mentioned, Seoul takes a central place in my heart. You look great! I love the skirt. ^^