My Top 5 Desserts

posted by on 2014.04.25, under Chic Eats, Chriselle Inc., LIFESTYLE

Sweetlist

If you follow me on Instagram you know that i’ve been doing the Pressed Juicery juice cleanse this week. As today is my final day on the cleanse ( day 5) , I thought I would show you WHY I decided to go on a cleanse. As you all know by now I suffer from a major, let me repeat MAJOR, sweet tooth. I’m generally pretty good about keeping up a healthy balanced diet (working out daily + portion control) , but this past month I really allowed myself to indulge in the finer & sweeter things in life ( it was my birthday month, ok??? ).  I’ve never done a full 5 day cleanse before, but I thought it would be a great way to reboot & detox my system. BUT before I go ahead and start talking about the cleanse , I figured it would only make sense to share with you my top 5 SWEET discoveries  from this past month.

Screenshot 2014-04-23 23.36.20

1. DeLuscious Cookies & Milk

The other day I was having a tough day at work, and of course my best friend Linette sends me a very yummy surprise to my office. It was a HUGE box  of freshly baked cookies that are incredibly moist & tasty which also was delivered with a cute glass carton of milk. The Chocolate and Cinammon Sugar cookies were my absolute favorite. If any of you are looking for a thoughtful gift to send to your loved ones , trust me, this box of delight would put a huge smile on anyones face! (They also have vegan & gluten free options too!) I’m possibly thinking of sending a box of these to my mom for mother’s day!

Screenshot 2014-04-23 23.32.12Screenshot 2014-04-23 23.33.27

2. Ladurée Soho

After my Paris trip i’ve been having endless fantasies of croissants and macarons, so when I went to New York last week I had to make a visit to the Ladurée in Soho. Although in Paris there’s much competition , in the states I still have yet to find a  macaron parlor better than Ladurée. My favorite? The Rose petal macarons!

Screenshot 2014-04-25 02.08.18

3. Beckers Bakery

Randomly stumbled upon this bakery as I was walking my dogs in my neighborhood. Found these adorable surfboard cookies. They are a little too cute to eat, but nonetheless the surfboards were all gone by the end of the day!

Screenshot 2014-04-23 23.37.05

4. Des Crêpes et des Cailles

Possibly the best crepe i’ve ever had was in Paris at a hole in a wall crêperie.  The location was so tiny that it probably sat no more than 15 people total. They make everything from sweet to savory crepes. I went to this place one too many times when I was in Paris for 2 weeks, but I mean who wouldn’t go back for that  Nutella banana crepe? yummmmm.

Screenshot 2014-04-23 23.32.37

5. One Girl Cookies

I saved the best for last. A few weeks ago I received a lovely  package from Eva Chen of Lucky Magazine. She sent over 2 boxes of spiced pumpkin & chocolate whoopie pies from One Girl Cookies (as seen HERE). These cream cheese frosting whoopie pies are a crossbred of a cake and a cookie.  Possibly the most moist and tasty treats i’ve ever had. Although this makes a sweet gift to give to your friends, family, and coworkers…they might end up love/hating you. Once you eat one… you really can’t stop!

Writing this article on day 5 of my juice cleanse was probably not the best idea, but needless to say  my month of birthday indulgence was absolutely worth it! I hope you guys enjoyed my SWEET list , and if you guys have any recommendations on other places, please let me know in the comment section!

HAPPY FRIDAY !

sig logo 9

COMMENTS

Besides dressing warmly and considering a hand-warmer (since you’ll need to remove your gloves),teni mizuno, consider your equipmentJust be warned: You’ll upset your local shop if you try something out in the store,corrida mizuno, buy it online and show up later asking for service{ Tile grout gets dirty in many different ways| In the bathroom,tenis masculino mizuno, it’s usually mold or mildew causing the grout stains| In the kitchen it could be a combination of food stains, general household tr

tenis mizuno masculino ( May 4, 2014 at 6:09 PM )

Bout #12 featured 14 year-old Tristan Alvarado of North County Boxing going up against 15 year-old Daniel Morales of the Gutierrez Gym in South San DiegoPolishing kits that are specifically meant for ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals etc are also available ?these contain tools and compounds that are specific to the surface type they are intended for polishingThey serve as an essential part of security in the form of Military GlovesYou can get the same clothes from many web portals so you should

tenes mizuno ( May 4, 2014 at 6:07 PM )

For those who have also been contemplating the place to start,
read up on manuals. While many advice appears typical, your company not possible
be disregarded. Most suggestions provide common fundamentals
toward ensured accomplishment.
Invest. This identifies a moment effort.
Equally pay off sooner or later. Execute a thorough market research.
Do the case regarding Zynga. Philip Holt, CEO, affirms the
massive investment granted before the launch of The Woodland Heroes, that ultimately led
them how to base Fb as their podium, a conclusion definitely not regretted to date.
He / she specifically selected some sort of team that could last him or
her longer than the success time-span.

my webpage Gangstar Vegas Hack

Gangstar Vegas Hack ( April 29, 2014 at 8:39 AM )

They all look so yummy! I want to try them all!

xo
Jamie W

Jamie W ( April 29, 2014 at 7:51 AM )

Data Robotics Reveals New SixData Robotics is hardly a manufacturing cheap reebok saints jerseys any more. At this point, they’re a prevalent name in the storage business, and they’re still just about brand new tv . company out there with mechanical backup solutions like the Drobo. Really more like a storage expert advisor than a dumb RAID box, though the company has focused mostly on consumers thus far, they’re this moment starting to break into the online business market. They’ve offered an Dr

We at Monthly Favorites love you and your blog! You are our Monthly Favorite!

You are a featured Guru!

Monthly Favorites ( April 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM )

I LOVE this post! Made me hungry, though… hehe ;)

Konstantina Bourtzou ( April 28, 2014 at 3:37 AM )

I, too, have a major sweet tooth and find difficult to resist desserts. I have been following a low Carb diet but sometimes I too give in to this temptation of eating sweets especially cakes and puddings. They are my weakness. I workout five days a week but I’ve been trying not to see the pictures in this post because I don’t want to crave for all sweets that I’ve been trying to avoid.

pallawi ( April 28, 2014 at 12:19 AM )

Hi Chriselle,
I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate that you respond to every single comment on your blog…it really shows your dedication and that is so very admirable! Also, those desserts look delectable! April is my birthday month as well…hope you have and great rest of your weekend!

Jane ( April 27, 2014 at 3:27 PM )

That raspberry macaroon looks amazing Chriselle! MmmmM <3

xo, Alina
STYLE BY ALINA

STYLE BY ALINA ( April 27, 2014 at 3:00 PM )

Samantha, you are stupid and gullible.. And you are just kissing ass. This is my last visit to this website. Too much self indulgence going on. Bye and good luck!

Huh? ( April 26, 2014 at 11:37 AM )

some of my favorite places! :) http://www.picklesandpumps.com

Pickles and Pumps ( April 26, 2014 at 10:09 AM )

yay! Glad you agree with me :) Hope you have a great weekend love! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:00 PM )

My mouth is watering…

Also, to anyone saying that “this is a fashion blog” and to the person who said it was “narcissistic”…news flash, this is CHRISELLE’S blog and she can post whatever she damn well pleases. She posts 95% fashion/beauty stuff, why can’t she post other stuff once in a while?

Samantha ( April 26, 2014 at 8:07 AM )

Thank you Samantha for your support, means a lot! I think fashion is beyond the clothes you wear…it’s a lifestyle! Although I post mostly about fashion, i’ve been posting more and more about food and travel as they both are a huge passion of mine :) You are so sweet, and I hope you have a lovely weekend! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:03 PM )

Hey Chriselle,
Please share your 5 cleansing day experience I want to try!
Being french I’m addicted to Laduree, next time try the “Marie Antoinette” macaroon a new one… delicious!
And now good new you can visit Miami we have our own Laduree store!!!
Happy weekend
Alix

alixe boucard ( April 26, 2014 at 4:14 AM )

Hi Alixe! I will definitely share my 5 day cleansing experience with you guys soon. Stay tuned for that. You are so lucky that Miami is opening up a Lauduree store!!! I will definitely have to make a visit out there now :) You are also lucky to be French! I’m so inspired by the french lifestyle after my recent trip to France. Lots of love to you! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:04 PM )

Hey Chriselle,
Please share your 5 cleansing day experience I’m thinking of doing the same!!!
BTW I’m french and totally addicted to Laduree!!! Next time try the “Marie Antoinette” new macaroon… incredible!!!
Good new for you, you can visit Miami we have our own Laduree store…. Gorgeous!!!
Happy weekend
Merci
Alix

alixe boucard ( April 26, 2014 at 3:52 AM )

Omgg I want some!! I have the biggest sweet tooth ever too!

Nancy ( April 25, 2014 at 8:54 PM )

Hi Nancy! I think you and I can be fast friends as we both seem to share the sam obsession of SWEETS! :P Hope you have a very sweet weekend! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:06 PM )

Please tell me about your 5-day cleanse…..sounds interesting!

Mimi ( April 25, 2014 at 6:57 PM )

Hi Mimi! Will definitely tell you about the 5 day cleanse !! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:10 PM )

So, are recommending to do detox or to indulge in sweets? You are sending a very contradicting message here.Thought this was a fashion blog. I find this website a bit too narcissistic I’m afraid. :-(

HUH? ( April 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM )

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:23 PM )

I’m usually the sweet tooth person but all those photos are making me want to eat them!!! Cravings start now!

H.A.F. Addict by Laurina W ( April 25, 2014 at 11:19 AM )

Sorry that I made you get all sorts of sweet cravings!! I hate myself for it too sometimes!! Have a great weekend, and hope you can treat yourself to something sweet :) xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:24 PM )

So, are recommending to do detox or to indulge in sweets???? This blog is a bit contradicting. And should this be a fashion blog???

HUH? ( April 25, 2014 at 11:18 AM )

copying and pasting what I wrote to the comment above who had a similar comment- ” I’m an everyday girl that loves sweets, but also on the contrary believe in living a healthy balanced life. Yes, Sweets and healthy food are contradicting, but nonetheless I believe in allowing yourself to indulge every once in a while. I work out very hard, and stay disciplined during the week, but in the month of April I really allowed myself to indulge in my favorite things as it was my birthday month! I think it would be a problem if it happened everyday. It’s all about balance…working hard and treating yourself :) Have a great day! xoxo Chriselle “

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM )

They look so yummy… now I think I need to have some. But noticed there’s no ice cream related desserts on the list.

Maria E ( April 25, 2014 at 10:53 AM )

ahhh you are right…there is no ice cream :( Next time I’ll make sure to add in my favorite gelato and frozen yogurt place! Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM )

I love Laduree too:) So many pretty dessert pictures!

sasa ( April 25, 2014 at 10:53 AM )

Thank you Sasa! What girl doesn’t love Laduree right? It’s just so pretty and yummy!! Have a great weekend! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:26 PM )

Oh my God!!! Those desserts look so yummy!! Now I am craving something sweet. Thanks a lot. LOL

Fabulous 30s

Fabulous 30s ( April 25, 2014 at 10:49 AM )

whoooops! Sorry! hahaha! I was craving sweets too while I was writing the post! Have a great weekend, and hope you can treat yourself to something sweet! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:27 PM )

They look so good! Thanks for sharing Chriselle! =)

-mc

mc ( April 25, 2014 at 9:53 AM )

Hope I didn’t make you drool while reading this post :P Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:27 PM )

Ooo they look sooo delicious! Chriselle, is it impossible for you to list all (or some) of your fave restaurants in LA? It would be great for visitors like me (going there in a couple weeks!) Happy weekend <3

New Post: Blossom
xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

Claire ( April 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM )

ohhh That’s a great idea! I love the idea of a city guid! Will make sure to make that list soon before you come! Have a great weekend! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:28 PM )

Cream cheese frosting!! It doesn’t get any better than that!

Estelle ( April 25, 2014 at 7:55 AM )

It’s my weakness…cream cheese frosting!!! omg, now i’m craving some :P xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:29 PM )

Surfboard cookies!! Makes me want to snack and catch a wave at the same time!

Janet ( April 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM )

Hi Janet! Arent the surfboard cookies amazing? Perfect snack before catching some waves :P Have a great weekend and hope you can treat yourself to something sweet! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:30 PM )

Macarons are my life!!
emmastyleguide.blogspot.com

Emma ( April 25, 2014 at 7:32 AM )

macarons are my life as well!!! :P xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:30 PM )

You won my heart all over again, Chriselle. I love all of these and wish it was a main food group :) x

supal {chevrons & éclairs} ( April 25, 2014 at 6:03 AM )

awwww thanks love! I agree with you I think Sweets should be a main food group :P Hope you can treat yourself to something yummy & sweet this weekend! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:31 PM )

chocolate macaroons!!! my favorites!!! :*

QueenLina ( April 25, 2014 at 4:20 AM )

yummmmmmmmm..i’m craving some now! Hope you can treat yourself to a yummy chocolate macaron this weekend! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:31 PM )

“Birthday month” lol. Looks like it was a good one! Happy birthday!

Colleen ( April 25, 2014 at 4:18 AM )

It sure was a SWEET month :) Thank you Colleeen, and hope you have a SWEET weekend :) xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:32 PM )

Who can resist Laduree sweets!? :)

Natali ( April 25, 2014 at 3:37 AM )

not I!!! I can never resist macarons! Hope you have a great weekend and don’t forget to treat yourself to something sweet! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:32 PM )

OMG!… I want to eat them all!… They all look so delicious…

Thefashiongals ( April 25, 2014 at 3:07 AM )

Sorry for making you crave all sorts of sweets after this post :P Hope you can treat yourself to something SWEET this weekend! xoxo Chriselle

Chriselle ( April 26, 2014 at 6:33 PM )

pagetop