Chic Eats- Forage

posted by on 2014.04.08, under Chic Eats, LIFESTYLE

cover_Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_21

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_23

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_1

aa_Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor\Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_17

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_8

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_12

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_10

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_16

aaa_Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_6

a_Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor

If I could eat at one place ever single day that would be Forage. It’s one of those hidden gems I spotted on the corner of my eye while driving down Sunset Blvd in Silver lake  few months ago, and ever since then i’ve been a regular. What keeps bringing me back to Forage is their selection of healthy yet tasty dishes that are organically & locally sourced. They use seasonal fruits & veggies from their local farmers market , so their dishes vary from time to time. Although i’m not vegan I do have a lot of friends that are, so i’m always looking for locations that have great vegan options to brunch at.

So those that are looking to visit Forage sometime soon I highly recommend their  mac n cheese and pork belly sandwich that they are known for,  but those of you who are looking for lighter & healthier options you should try what I ate above. Their salmon bowl which includes jasmine rice, shoyu radish, garlic kale, poached egg, and their to die for secret sauce. I also ordered the fresh beet & grapefruit salad which happened to be the perfect pairing with their salmon bowl.

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_22

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_26

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_20

Chriselle_lim_forage_silverlake_Los_angeles_chic_eats_Thechrisellefactor_25

Photography by Christine Choi

I was running  in and out of meetings on this day, and was not planning to make a stop at Forage , but decided to take some outfit photos while I was at it. I paired this breezy blouse with my favorite pair of distressed denim for the perfect downtown sophisticated look. Not too dressy, but not too casual..that’s how I like to dress on a daily basis. Unfortunately after wearing these jeans one too many times, i’m sad to announce that their time has finally come to an end. The other day as I was getting dressed my foot got stuck in  one of the holes and I ended up ripping the entire bottom half of the jean. *sigh* Maybe I will turn them into distressed denim short (obsessed with THESE by the way) , I can’t seem to let go of them quite yet!

Anyways I highly recommend on trying out Forage if you are ever  in the downtown/ Silver Lake area! Also please let me know if you would like to continue to see more Chic Eats here on the blog! Just in case you missed my  last Chic Eats on my weekly coffee & flower shop routine HERE and the chicken soup that saved my soul and my flu HERE.

sig logo 9

P.S Anyone else on Foursquare? I just signed up for it and will be updating my food adventures daily on this!! Soooo excited about this, and how did I just find out about this? Anyone else on it? Make sure to follow me on Foursquare HERE.

Forage: 3823 W. Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90026

OUTFIT DETAILS

Blouse: Topshop (similar one HERE)

Jeans: Zara RIP :(  // similar one HERE

Jacket: Amour Vert (similar one HERE)

Hat: J.crew (affordable canvas one HERE)

Shoes: Nine West

Necklace: Jennifer Zeunner

Sunglasses: Ray Ban

Purse: Saint Laurent  (coveting this white one)

COMMENTS

In normal, simple lists where single words are only separated by commas, semicolons need not be used. But when the series is more complicated, the semicolon helps to break up the items in a list and make the sentence easier to understand. Read this example:. You will be pleased with you possess any tiffany bracelet. Certainly, it’s not at all beginners luck with louis vuitton bags regard to us all to receive better into the famous tiffany jewellery because of the considerable purchase about thes

louis vuitton handbags ( April 18, 2014 at 5:52 PM )

I really like the creative process behind your chic eats posts!

Forage looks fabulous and I hope to one day be able to try what they have to offer if I manage to make a trip to Silver Lake!

Carrie ( April 15, 2014 at 7:51 PM )

choosing berries in portlandDr. Seuss went on to write a number of guides in his life span. A few of his recognized publications are: ‘Yertle the Turtle as well as other Stories’ (1958), ‘Happy Birthday To you!’ (1959), ‘One Fish Two Fish Crimson Fish Blue Fish’ (1960), ‘Dr. The reality that we won’t appear to do with out ‘paper’ highlights the necessity of its invention for mankind pretty much. Although Chinese are presented the credit history for invention of paper a feat they reached in 105 A

Mulberry Briefcases ( April 14, 2014 at 1:44 AM )

brand shoes running sneakers brands running sneakers brands athletic shoes brand athletic shoes for more information on footwear to educate yourself regarding sign up for free ,replique montre rolex france [Chinese sporting goods brand dynamic] international jogging shoes shopper repair service LUXE BRANDS has officially landed everywhere in the going to be the servant market,replicas relogios de luxo,going to be the servant preparing any other part flagship store on the Shanghai Grand Gateway 6

replica uhren forum ( April 10, 2014 at 11:47 PM )

My first experience with a Grandfather’s clock was actually ‘my grandfather’s clock’ in the farmhouse he had in WisconsinWhen a person comes into contact with an electrical current, they usually suffer a shock and perhaps burnsNext, use a razor scrapper to remove the cement left behind and any other debris that might be present underneathInstead of wrapping your water pipes with rags or pieces of cloth, spend just a few dollars to purchase a flexible, foam pipe covering from the hardware storeNo

michael kor ( April 10, 2014 at 10:35 PM )
monkeyshines ( April 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM )

Thank you love! xoxo

Chriselle ( April 9, 2014 at 12:42 PM )

Love the drapey top!

Style by Joules

Joules ( April 9, 2014 at 8:07 AM )

The food looks absolutely jummie and love your look!

StyleSpectra ( April 9, 2014 at 5:20 AM )

It sure was! I hope you are able to try this place. It’s ridiculously delicious! Thank you for stopping by love. xoxo

Chriselle ( April 9, 2014 at 12:43 PM )
QueenLina ( April 9, 2014 at 5:16 AM )

I love love love the combination of red & leopard! You look great!

Fashion Party blog ( April 9, 2014 at 2:08 AM )

Thanks my dear! xoxo

Chriselle ( April 9, 2014 at 12:43 PM )

Omg I love your outfit!! And the food looks good too

xo

Francesca ( April 9, 2014 at 1:33 AM )

This place looks great and so does your outfit!
xx

Leesa ( April 9, 2014 at 1:01 AM )

Thank you love!

Chriselle ( April 9, 2014 at 12:44 PM )

I was surfing the net and found this blog. Wow, pretty amazing/stunning pictures!

sanjita ( April 9, 2014 at 12:06 AM )

Yay! I’m so happy you found my blog, I hope you keep coming back :)

Chriselle ( April 9, 2014 at 12:45 PM )

The pairing of red and camel color coat is really nice. I’ll try it some day.

pallawi ( April 8, 2014 at 11:49 PM )

You’ll have to share a photo with me when you do! Would love to see how you pull it off! :)

Chriselle ( April 9, 2014 at 12:45 PM )

Looks like a really nice place!

AlinaErmilova.com

Alina Ermilova ( April 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM )

It is! Hope you get to try it one day. :)

Chriselle ( April 9, 2014 at 12:46 PM )

Everything looks delicious!.. I love this bag so much!!.. The outfit is really nice red suits you perfectly!

Thefashiongals ( April 8, 2014 at 10:53 PM )
Hana ( April 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM )

I have never liked it when ripped jeans show a lot of your knee, I think it just makes the jeans more trashy & it just looks like you fell on you knees and they ripped and also for that reason ( they rip easily ). I want a clean cut holes with some white fabric stings over them, clean and simple.

Alina ( April 8, 2014 at 9:18 PM )

Wow would definitely want to try this cafe! I am always on the look for vegan options. Not a vegan but would love to try for healthier cafe. It seems to me that LA is really hard to hunt down vegan restaurants. I would love to know if you know any good ones in LA! Thanks

H.A.F. Addict by Laurina W ( April 8, 2014 at 9:17 PM )

Scott said even if Tippett was missing,Fake Nike Shoes, after sustaining his third concussion in five rounds, it would not alter the type of player Geelong chose to replace Scarlett in defence. Service can be provided in the form of e mail, telephone number as well as an online chat room or forum. While these new Bass fishing lures are configured to look slick and reminiscent of live bait the homemade fishing lures will not have that particular look. Love Comes DifferentlyYou might be beautiful

air jordan 3lab5 ( April 8, 2014 at 8:57 PM )

Very chic look! Love the blouse and this color is so pretty on your skin tone.

xo

Eye Like Fashion ( April 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM )

Love this simple outfit, especially the pop of leopard print from the heels =) And will definitely remember to check out Forage! love reading about your food adventures.

-mc

mc ( April 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM )

The food is amazing here! Love the salmon bowl!

Christine Choi ( April 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM )

as a devote foodie, that food looks AMAZING (and you of course, too :)

Lauren R ( April 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM )

I love this outfit, Chriselle! And I can’t wait to try Forage soon~the salmon bowl sounds exactly like my kind of thing. I don’t think I’ve been to Silver Lake but it seems like a lot of fashion bloggers like to eat there. Very curious now. :D

Ellie@Fit for the soul ( April 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM )

I love those jeans and that camel coat! Nice drapped blouse.

CHECK OUT MY NEW POST http://sapphire-brushstrokes.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/prepping-for-spring-and-summer.html

TERESA ( April 8, 2014 at 4:19 PM )

Wow the food is amazing! Chriselle you look amazing!

Michelle ( April 8, 2014 at 4:01 PM )

Love the photos! Food looks delish!

Arwen ( April 8, 2014 at 3:54 PM )

Love the combo of Chic Eats and a Chic Outfit!

Lorien ( April 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM )

Looks so fresh and yumm!! and love the outfit!

Doris ( April 8, 2014 at 12:06 PM )

Love your outfit and the photos look amazing, Chriselle! You look gorgeous!

xo, Alina
STYLE BY ALINA

STYLE BY ALINA ( April 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM )

Chic eats and chic outfit:) <3

New on http://www.shallwesasa.com

sasa ( April 8, 2014 at 11:59 AM )

Thnaks For Visiting This Site SaysHRC President Joe Solmonese:
“We Recognize Anna Wintour For Her Grace, Dignity, Style, Philanthropy,Clear Oakley Sunglasses, And Generosity< >Elm Tree Loan Is What’s Known As A Wet-house 8 Episode Recap Episode OnlinePavitra Rishta Episode 1010 – March 29, 2013 Latest Episode | Watch Zee Tv Hindi Serial Pavitra Rishta Episode 1010 – March 29,oakley girls, 2013 Episode Online | My Life My WorldVideo:Pavitra Rishta Episode 1010

Discount Oakley Sunglasses Cheap ( April 20, 2014 at 6:48 AM )

pagetop