When asked, ”What was your break thru moment?” in my recent interview with Who What Wear for their article on How To Really Make It As A Fashion Blogger, I answered “When I hired my first employee and got my office space!”
I recall the anxiety I had 2 years ago when I placed the down deposit for this office. At the time I was making just enough to get by, but knew it was the next big step for me to take in order for me to grow my business. Sometimes you just have take that leap of faith, and believe that things will work itself out!
I often times get asked, “What are some things you did to get to where you are?” So I thought I would share with you 5 things I did when I started my own business, and still currently doing today!
1. VISUALIZE- know what you want and replay that vision over and over in your head until it becomes a reality!
2. STICK TO A SCHEDULE- The best part of being in business for yourself is the freedom, but nonetheless create a schedule and stick to it. I treated this as my very own “corporate” job and stuck to a schedule. It takes discipline!
3. COLLABORATE- 2 is always better than 1! Find like minded passionate people to collaborate with! I still currently do this with my peers around me.
4. NETWORK- This was the scariest thing for me when I first started, but it was monumental to my success. I put myself out there , and attended as many events as possible.
5. NEVER GIVE UP- The road to success is never an easy one, and that is why its so critical to surround yourself with people that support you and your dream!
Photography by Tim & Co
These photos above were taken for my interview with The Korea Times. I got a chance to share with them my childhood upbringings in Korea, my obsession with 90′s K-pop, and how social media has changed my life. You could read the full article HERE.
HAPPY MONDAY , and don’t forget to dream big this week!
Blouse: Mens Button up
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (On major Sale)