Journey Of A Dress

Photography by  Karen Chen

There are certain moments in life that marks a girl’s womanhood. As for me those moments include, to name a few,  the passing of my driver’s license test, my first paycheck, moving to LA  for college, and of course there was my very first wrap dress.  I recall  landing my  first part time internship in college, and I  was incredibly excited & nervous at the same time. The day before I started my internship I received a package from my parents, and to my surprise there was a gorgeous blue DVF wrap dress inside. I immediately tried on the dress , and I will never forget that moment- I felt like a woman. This dress acted as my armor of confidence & strength when I was extremely nervous & self conscious.

You could only imagine my excitement when DVF invited me to be a part of this very iconic moment- The 40th year Of The Wrap Dress. From the archive of vintage & limited edition wrap dresses, to an art gallery showcasing paintings & photographs of Diane herself , created by Andy Warhol, Helmut Newton, and many more.  Not only was it an unforgetabble celebration, but it was truly inspiring to connect with so many different women as we all shared our “wrap story”.  Just like my own personal story, I soon realized that the wrap dress served as far more than just a dress, it made women feel a certain way- beautiful, confident, and sexy! Rarely do you come across such an iconic piece that is feminine and flattering to every woman’s frame. The wrap dress embodies everything a woman should be- feminine & confident!

LOOK 1- Amelia in Petal Dots DRESS & oia Minaudiere Print Leather Exotic in White/Black Snake CLUTCH- DVF //

SHOES- Manolo Blahnik (in Black)

LOOK 2- Jeanne in Vintage leopard spots red DRESS & 440 Envelope Embossed Lizard Clutch in Black CLUTCH- DVF // SHOES- Saint Laurent

LOOK 3- Abigail in Chainlink Medium DRESS & 440 Envelope Embossed Lizard Clutch in Emerald CLUTCH- DVF // SHOES- Reed Krakoff (old, but similar one HERE & HERE)

• According to the "Korean Daily" news, recently,jordan 11 Gamma Blue for sale, the South Korean idol fashion Master TOP launched a pictorial "fan dead person", turned "retro male". in the pictorial, TOP wearing a suit color box, display on the century 80’s retro,jordan 11 Gamma Blue 2013, also grams,jordan 11 Gamma Blue, showing the twenty-first Century James – Dean image to erect hair with rough wallet,Gamma Blue 11s, attract people’s eyeballs. shooting related to t

• Chriselle, I have been a long time fan of your blog but have never commented. I couldn’t resist today, this post is stunning and I needed to let you know. You are quite inspirational as a fashion icon and writer. I especially appreciate that you do not simply throw outfit posts together but rather you have thoughtful accompanying text and a deeper meaning to every beautiful outfit you put together. Thank you for being such an inspiration. P.S your recent hair cut is so lovely you further inspired me to cut my own hair.

• I am such a print-addict! I LOOOOVE colorful prints so much! Great shoot, Chriselle! :)

• Ohhh, I loooooove this type of photos.
    Very Nylon Magazine! 😀

You look really pretty in your beauty shots, I must say. 😀

• Claire says:

Totally in love with the dress on you!! You look amazingly stunning!!!

New Post: Sea Breeze
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

• Chriselle says:

Claire, these dresses are so easy and simple to wear! Every woman should have one of these in her closet! Thanks for your lovely comment! <3

• Carmen Henry says:

That gallery looks absolutely amazing :)

• These photos are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the DVF experience with us. Love it!

xo, Alina

• Lynsey says:

Chriselle, thank you so much for sharing your story and DVF’s! Her work is so impressive: the bold, playful colors and shapes; the iconic wrap dress; classy can be fun and creative. Brilliant. I’m a long-time Diane von Furstenberg admirer and love your walk-through of the gallery showcasing. Thank you! xo

• Patricia says:

My husband proposed to me when I was wearing my first wrap dress! I will never forget it I feel so confident every time I put it on! You look beautiful I love your blog so inspiring!

• Sydne says:

OBSESSED with this post Chriselle! You look so fab in the wrap dress. xo

• Inna says:

All dresses are beautiful

• Jenny Tsang says:

Gorgeous wrapped dresses, love how feminine and chic DVF’s dresses are. The deep Vs give a hint of sexiness, yet the length and the wrap around design gives a sophisticated classic silhouette. Love their new fun colors and patterns in the newest collection btw. And must visit the museum asap! 😉 xo

New Post up…

• Love how you have styled all these dresses!!

• Lindsay says:

This dress is so perfect. Lovely.

• FREED MODE says:

Waouw, stunning pics, gorgeous dresses, absolutely fan.
    Thanks for your comment.
    see you soon

• love the pink/gray/blue dress. beautiful pattern and texture
    http://www.androbel.com (shop & blog)

• Leesa says:

gorgeous dresses, especially the first one! So elegant, classic and feminine!

• Kristi says:

I love this dress! DVF is such an inspiration. You look gorgeous in these shots!

• Tanya Sc says:

These looks are so beautiful! They’re perfect from head to toe!!!

• M. Wang says:

I was planning on buying that exact same necklace! Please help me out: how the heck do you put it around your neck? Is there a ‘twist and open’ system or do you just pry it open :/?
    Thanks in advance!

• Lucy says:

Beautiful mimicry)

• In love with that shots ! You look stunning !

• Giulia says:

This was for sure an amazing event, interesting and glamorous! :) I like each dress but I love the print of the second one!
    Have a lovely day!

• fantastic!!!

xoxo from rome

• Must of have a moment to remember forever! To meet the icon herself and to celebrate women in such a positive light! The power of fashion! Love it!!

• TERESA says:

From the first picture I could tell it was Dvf dress! Love her and the infamous printed wrap dresses! You look lovely in all of them chriselle.

CHECK OUT MY NEW POST http://sapphire-brushstrokes.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/different-shades-of-night.html