2013 Growth + Growing Pains

posted by on 2013.12.30, under Chriselle Inc., LIFESTYLE

Chriselle_lim_2013_recap_thechrisellefactor.com

Wow, where do I even begin? Everyone has their own view on what makes a “good” or “successful” year, but I personally measure it with growth. Am I  better today than what I was yesterday , or in this case am I in a better place this year than the year before? The word “Growth” is generally identified as something positive, but more often than not we fail to remember that there’s a lot of “growing pains” in between point A to Point B. Before we ring in the new year, I would like to acknowledge not only my accomplishments, but also address some of the growing pains that came along with year 2013….

Greystone_Mansion_wedding_beverly_hills_Chriselle_lim_13

Being married is one of the most fulfilling and valuable things in life, but there were definitely sacrifices and adjustments I personally needed to make. One of my biggest growing pains this year was to find that perfect work/life balance. I’ve always been a workaholic, I get it from my dad, and  being single for a good portion of my life I’ve always  been on my own schedule.  I never had to think of anyone else, except for myself.  As selfish and simple as this may sound, I had to learn to consider others, aka my husband. For example coming home at an unreasonable hour just to finish that one project at the office happened on the daily. The worst part? the hubs would be so incredibly supportive & understanding every single time. I definitely overworked this year, having no time for myself, yet alone the hubs. I put sleep, fitness, health, and beauty on the back burner, and it started to show.  Although I have not perfected this “work/life balance” quite yet, i’m extremely proud to say that i’ve made tremendous improvements these past few months. Whether you are married or single, I would love to hear your advice on how you handle a healthy work/life balance..it’s definitely on the top of my 2014 list!

a_chriselle_lim_office

{top L: First day I put the deposit down for the office // top R: a typical shooting day}

I’ve been creating content for the blog and channel for 3 years now, It was not until this year where we seriously started to build it into a company. January of last year, with little money and big dreams, I took a leap of faith and got an office space in downtown LA. That was a monumental move for the growth of the business. I had  large ambitions to create beautiful editorialized videos for the channel, but soon realized that it takes a team to create something at that caliber. The office has allowed us to be more effective with our time, inspire one another, and of course to be more creative.

a_chriselle_lim_office_2

Another challenge? Learning how to balance out creativity with business without sacrificing one or the other. There have been creative videos that we’ve been itching to produce, but due to the lack of response, we put them on hold. If there was one word to describe this year that would be the attempt to “balance”. I’ve learned that it’s important to  take those passion projects off of hold, and simply feed the most important soul…your own. To be blatantly honest there were a few months when I found myself in a creative slump. I was feeling entirely uninspired, and what once was fun all of a sudden became mundane. Here Im trying to inspire all of you when I personally felt uninspired myself. Luckily I work with such an amazing team who were able to take me out of that uninspiring place. Lesson learned? Don’t get too caught up with the day to day. YOU need to constantly feed your soul with inspiration by emerging yourself into beauty, discovering different cultures and new ideas, engaging with passionate people, and of course my favorite Traveling the world.

a_chriselle_lim_office_3_travel
21-700x1050

{In Santorini, Greece}

51-700x1050

{In Seoul, Korea}

a_chriselle_lim_office_3_travel_4_aimee_song

{Girls trip to Korea with Aimee}

Chriselle_lim_chanel_rue_cambon_denim_tote_One_teaspoon_cutoff_shorts_Hawaii_4-700x466

{in Honolulu, Hawaii}

Chriselle_lim_chanel_rue_cambon_denim_tote_One_teaspoon_cutoff_shorts_Hawaii-700x1050

Speaking of travel…I traveled ALOT this year. From Greece, Russia, Hawaii, Taiwan, Korea, and New York one too many times. There’s something so incredibly humbling about traveling and discovering an unknown area. The more I travel, the more I realize how much I don’t know about the world. I plan to do more traveling in 2014, and am extremely excited to see where in the world this new year will take me!

26-700x466
Chriselle_Lim_santorini_Petit_Palace_Greece_aqaq_grecian_dress_5-700x466
27-700x1050

One of the most unforgettable and magical moments was my trip to Greece with Allen. We celebrated our 1 year anniversary, and our long overdue honeymoon. The most incredible memories were made, as we finally got to relax and unplug from the rest of the world.

chriselle_lim_tiffany_co_the_great_gatsby_baz_Catherine

{ Baz luhrmann &  Catherine Martin Of The Great Gatsby for our Tiffany & Co. collaboration)

Chriselle_Lim_blue_Book_Ball_Tiffanyco_18

{At The Blue Book Ball with Tiffany & Co. }

chriselle_main

{Nordstrom Beauty collaboration}

thechrisellefactor_chinatown002-700x922

{Chinatown Editorial}

chriselleinc_swim006_cover1
chriselleinc_swim005
chriselleinc_swim008

{She’s Got Game Editorial}

chriselle_lim_tiffany_fashion_week_nicole_ricie_shea

{Tommy Hilfiger Show // Hosting StyleTag event Shea & Nicole}

The reason why it’s so hard for me to “unplug” is because I am completely utterly in love with what I do! (does that sound crazy?) Thru passion and hard work  i’ve been able to work with some incredible brands this year. Whether it be being a brand ambassador, creating an editorial story for a client, attending shows and hosting events, or of course creating captivating videos.  I am so incredibly grateful I got to work and be creative with some of my favorite brands.

Chriselle_Lim_blue_Book_Ball_Tiffanyco_29
Hudson_floral_jeans_Rachel_zoe_double_breasted_blazer_chriselle_Lim_NYC_5-700x466

As most of our clients are NY based I found myself jet setting to NY every other week. Living in NY has always been a fantasy of mine since I was a little girl , and I guess you can say that dream {kind of} came true this year as i’m technically bicoastal now.

glamour_dress-to-kill-choosing-the-winning-stylist
0_chriselle_lim_whitney_port_Dress_to_kill_glamour_mag
518012439_c_o
{Final episode of Dress To Kill}

One of my most memorable trips to NY was this past summer as I was invited to be a “Style Coach” along with Whitney Port for Glamour Magazine’s new show “Dress To Kill”. As I was standing side by side with Whitney  and the Glamour Editors on the judging panel, I recall having a dejavu moment. It was an incredible experience, and I feel so lucky to be a part of the Conde Naste entertainment family.

0_chriselle_lim_nike_werunsf_San_francisco_womens_marathon

Last but not least…. I ran my first {half} marathon. I’ve always had this on my bucket list, but never believed that I could actually accomplish it. As most of you know i’m very passionate about fitness, but by all means that does not mean i’m good at it, especially running. I was the type of girl that could barely run 1 mile on the treadmill. Since I was not able to train consistently (due to my traveling schedule), I started doubting myself, and became extremely nervous. I was so anxious the night before that I felt like throwing up!  Beyond all the anxiety and anticipation I was able to not only finish, but also beat my initial goal/time! More then it being a physical accomplishment, it was definitely more mental. The mere fact that I finished the {half} marathon gave me an incredible amount of confidence. This experience reminded me of one of my favorite quotes-

a87f39356f77fc077b01bf68aa2f361b

Beyond the marathon, I think this quote pretty much sums up my year. Whether it be finding that perfect work/life balance, building a company, and working with brands that seemed unattainable at the time. It all seemed impossible in the beginning of the year, but now that it’s been done… it’s possible! Bringing me back to where I started…Growth. I measure the success of a year by the amount of growth taken place, and I think its safe to say thru the ups & the downs it’s been an AMAZING year!

Last but not least, thank YOU for your continuous support. I feel like you and I are on this journey together…. a journey to discover beauty and to inspire one another.

This post  marks my longest “written” blog up to date…For those of you that actually took the time to read this entire thing, Thank you and I hope I didn’t bore you to sleep!Ha!

Cheers, 2013!

chrisellesig
COMMENTS

So happy to read this post. I sincerely love your videos and content. Everything is so beautifully done.

Thank you for being so candid in this post. It means a great deal to me and the timing could not have been better. I studied my two passions in life- fashion and nutrition- in college (different schools), but now find myself working in a completely different field. I work with document editing. I felt my soul slipping away during the long workdays. To rectify this, I launched my blog and YouTube channel last February, as a way to satisfy my creative self. It is the one thing that keeps me inspired everyday and something that I am truly passionate about. Losing sleep for this passion project and putting others on hold has been difficult to balance this past year, but it is something I think I am learning along the way. I know deep down (in my bones!) that I need to follow my purpose and use my creativity in my everyday job. It is so scary to take that leap though. You are an inspiration.

Congratulations on your success and growth, all the best in 2014.

xo, Lauren

Lauren ( January 8, 2014 at 8:22 PM )

Lauren, Thank you for sharing your story with me and for taking the time to read my post. It’s not often that people realize their soul purpose in life and when someone does I am a firm believer in following that gut feeling and doing what you love. I wish you lots of success and balance in all that you do.

xoxo

Chriselle ( January 13, 2014 at 3:03 PM )

We absolutely love your blog and find nearly all
of your post’s to be just what I’m looking for.
can you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs?
I wouldn’t mind composing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write related to here.
Again, awesome web log!

You must check into my own video on the subject of make money online from home
by clicking here

fun ways to make money online ( January 8, 2014 at 6:46 PM )

Chriselle, I am so proud of you! I’ve been following your blog for a very long time now and I love it so much! You are such a kind and giving person and you inspire me with every new post. You even inspired me to start my own blog last year. Thank you very much for that as I enjoy it with all my heart. I look forward to new projects of yours, loving reading every piece of your blog! Good luck, we will always be here for you! :)

ANDREA

andreavytlacilova ( January 6, 2014 at 8:04 AM )

Andrea, thank you for the kind words of inspiration and support ! I’m glad you have been joining me on this journey and find some sort of inspiration from it. Wishing you the best with your blog too! xoxo

Chriselle ( January 13, 2014 at 3:07 PM )

It was such a pleasure to read this post. You inspire me a lot, Chriselle.

Tra Mi ( January 4, 2014 at 12:03 AM )

Hey Chriselle!
Your such an inspiration ! You definitely improved this year. I think your incredible to do all these things !
Please continue! Your my favorite blogger !

Clémence R-D ( January 3, 2014 at 8:22 PM )

It is also my philosophy! Any growth or improvement is a success in your own life!
Love you! May everyone’s dream come true!

Zijun ( January 2, 2014 at 5:17 PM )

Love that philosophy Zijun! <3

Chriselle ( January 13, 2014 at 3:12 PM )

Hey there :) i’ve been following your channel from the very beginning, and am so happy to see your career growing, and you being able to do what you love :) the best advice i can give you about a creating a perfect work-life balance is that it is impossible to have a perfect balance. something will always pop up unexpectedly, no matter how well you plan. so don’t stress out too much about that <3

however, i do have a few little tips:
1) review your life regularly (once a week or so), write it down/draw diagrams – are you happy with how it's been so far? if not, what can you do about it?
2) do YOU have to do that task or can someone in your team do it? you're not dumping it on them – i'm sure they're more than happy to help you out if they can manage
3) try and set your own "sacred time" for yourself at least once a week. nothing is allowed to disturb you, and you can just relax

all the best for the future <3

Chris ( January 2, 2014 at 3:33 PM )

Chris, thanks for those tip definitely things to think about! Love that we can all learn something from one another!

Chriselle ( January 13, 2014 at 3:14 PM )

Good luck to you this year! I hope you accomplish more goals hun!

Adella ( January 2, 2014 at 1:16 PM )

So wonderful.
I hope al your dreams come true!
x

Flo ( January 2, 2014 at 4:44 AM )

Just wanted to stop by and say that I absolutely adore your blog and wanted to wish you a happy new year!

SHOP LEVIS SHORTS

Alyssa ( January 1, 2014 at 4:48 PM )

Thank you for putting a positive spin on 2013! God bless u

Ribsies ( January 1, 2014 at 11:12 AM )

Come to Poland Dear!
You are stunninig :)))

Julia ( January 1, 2014 at 10:21 AM )
Hana ( January 1, 2014 at 5:11 AM )

Thank you Chriselle for doing all these things. You really are my idol! I love and admire everything you did! Keep it up! Happy New Year to you! I wish you all the best in 2014!
I will certainly keep watching your videos, reading your blogs and appreciate the fashion inspirations you gave me!

Xoxo

Sin ( January 1, 2014 at 3:33 AM )
菲律宾太阳城 ( January 1, 2014 at 2:47 AM )

I’ve seen your blog grow over the years and it’s been wonderful to have witnessed (from far) all the things you have accomplished. I can’t wait for the new year to start. May this year bring you even more amazing opportunities! :)

the|avantguardian ( January 1, 2014 at 1:22 AM )

I love your blog in general but I think this post was something i really need to read in start of the new year. I think 2013 was a year of growth for me too and it’s been so encouraging, definitely inspirational, to read about what you’ve done in 2013 and i absolutely agree with what you said about continually feeding your soul with inspiration from our surroundings. I think for me personally, what I learnt in 2013, is inspiration comes from me stepping outside of my comfort zone and giving things a go, jumping at those opportunities that frighten me and emerging from those experiences, refreshed and confident about what I can do. But what you said about travel, engaging with people and discovering new cultures definitely resonates with me too. I’m in university so i don’t know much about work/life balance just yet (but i know i will). I want my years at uni to really be my time to explore myself and try new things. you’re so fortunate to have a job that you love so much and i hope I’ll have that passion for my work in the future. Your blog inspires me to find something that I can work hard at and still love every single minute of it. thank you for all your videos, blogs, advice, photos and your passion! keep up your hard work! looking forward to your work in 2014! :)

Bea ( December 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM )

Happy new year! Can’t wait to see what you have planned for this year!
- Marthaplease.blogspot.com

Martha Dee ( December 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM )

Happy Near Year! What a great year for you! Wish you all the best for 2014!

New Post: Old Havana
xx, Claire

Claire ( December 31, 2013 at 4:28 PM )

This is an amazing post, how you opened up, I follow you since Michelle Phan introduced you to us, and never felt like really knowing you till now. You are such a inspiration, everything you do look so easy, but it’s actually not, it’s hard for you like for the rest of us, thank you for sharing, you make me feel like everything IS possible!
Happy new year!!! XO

Marija ( December 31, 2013 at 9:47 AM )

Wooow you are very inspiring to me!
Happy new year!
Kisses
RigillaMas
Notes de Mode

RigillaMas ( December 31, 2013 at 9:35 AM )

happy new year, Chriselle!
wish you even more professional and personal growth, wish you fins that perfect life/work balance and ring in the new year as chic as ever)))
wish every day resembles a holiday, wish you and your hubs have many valentine`s days a year, wish you to be merry, guys^^
wish the 2014 will be awesome to you :)

Sasha ( December 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM )

Aw Chriselle. SO nice to hear your voice in this post.
Thank you for sharing, I love your attitude and dedication to growth.
PS: I peeped that haartman luggage in photo 4. such a sexy piece of machine. ;)

happy new year!

–kim

Kim E. Powell ( December 31, 2013 at 9:24 AM )

This post was magnificent! You inspire me and so many other young entrepreneurs to keep pushing and going after our goals even when it seems like you’ve hit a block. I love your blog posts and I am so thankful for all you do. Keep inspiring many!

Hope to meet you one day!

xoxo,

Ariana Pierce
CEO, http://www.superstarnaillacquer.com

Ariana Pierce ( December 31, 2013 at 8:04 AM )

Chriselle that was amazing!!! I ‘m very happy for you!!
i’ve been following your blog for a very long time and I’d like to thank you for all the inspiration that you give us. You gave me many styling solutions and ispiration!!!
I wish you the best for 2014

P.S. I’m Greek and I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Greece.

Love,
Lia

Lia ( December 31, 2013 at 6:19 AM )

Hi Chriselle,

Just wanted to say that I discovered your youtube channel through your collaboration fitness video with Blogilates this year and wish I had seen it sooner! Thanks for all your fashion/beauty advice. You inspire me! Also, may I add that you are the asian Michelle Dockery! I am a huge Downton Abbey fan and when I discovered your blog, I couldn’t help but notice the resemblance! Happy new year :)

Victoria ( December 31, 2013 at 5:45 AM )

First of all, I wish you a Happy New Year and many more successes/ travels/collaborations in the upcoming year. I have to admit, I would wish to have you as a life mentor because you represent what I want to be or at least what I aspire to be. I have been wanting to start my blog for years now, but my double program at uni takes all of my time and I don’t really have a good camera to rely more quality content when it comes to photographs. I am not the one to make resolutions because things never go as I plan them, but if I had to make one, it would be to work more on my blog and squeeze it in between my humongous number of hobbies [sewing, knitting, reading, learning languages(my Korean is getting better!) working out(with Cassey Ho for 2 years+ now) and etc.] and extended studies.
Reading this post really makes me want to work harder. Thank you. <3 ^^

Dilek ( December 31, 2013 at 3:33 AM )

Dear Chriselle,
This is the first time I ever comment on a post on the internet…
But I’ve been following your blog for about a year now and it’s truly inspiring whether it is about fashion or your thoughts on life. (It always makes my coffee break a lot more fun!) I totally understand your “growing pains” and I think it is something that many women struggle with and can relate to. Thank you very much for sharing! Looking forward to seeing you travelling the world in 2014! Happy New Year!

Anja ( December 31, 2013 at 3:28 AM )

Read it all, have been checking you for inspiration for a while now, you are pretty amazing…
keep it up!

Joselinne ( December 31, 2013 at 3:27 AM )

Hi, Chriselle! I’ve never actually read your blog, but ive always followed you at youtube. Im 15 and from Norway and im really obsessed with fashion. If i was chosing a life thet would be perfect i would choose yours, because this is my dream. To work with fashion and to really become big. To watch the fashionshows from the first line and to look good in everything. Wish you all the best for 2014!! THANK YOU for inspiring me, you have become my rolemodel♡♡
Xxx Madeleine

Madeleine ( December 31, 2013 at 2:29 AM )

Thank you for sharing your 2013 with us Chriselle, both struggles and success have moulded you and your career into what it is now! Here’s to an even bigger 2014!

LIVE.IN.LOVE

~

Vivian ( December 31, 2013 at 2:12 AM )

This is such a beautiful and inspiring post, Chriselle. It’s so wonderful that your husband is so loving and supportive of you chasing your dreams. Happy New Year to you and Allen!

xo, Alina

STYLE BY ALINA ( December 31, 2013 at 1:40 AM )

amazing pics! Like your blog so much and wish you all the best for 2014!
xx

Leesa ( December 31, 2013 at 1:02 AM )

I have been a follower since you started your blog. As a fashion merchandising student, you have inspired me to still follow my dreams and never give up. This post has made me think a lot on what are my goals for this upcoming year. I also felt connected with the issue about balancing work and life. You really have been an inspiration, thank you for everything. Happy New Year!

Liz ( December 31, 2013 at 12:49 AM )

Your post was really interesting. Actually, it’s funny to see that you had some struggles this year, as on your fb page, your content seems to show that you have a very glamour and comfortable life.. And strangely, even though I knew our feedback was important, I am only realizing now what it really means for the sake of your company. Hopefully you will grow even more in 2014 and find your perfect work/life balance (I am the single girl you described yourself to be in the past, so I cannot help you I guess) Anyway, bonne continuation et bonne chance pour la suite. Much love from France :) Bisous!

Marie ( December 31, 2013 at 12:34 AM )

Congratulations Chriselle<3 I have watched you since Michelle featured you as the 'fashion guru' and over the past years, you have grown beautifully and successfully; you have made your dreams come true. From your style to your determination, you are more than an inspiration to me. I may not know you personally, but I have grown to know you through your channel and through your social media contacts. I picture myself in your career shoes someday and I am doing everything I can to one day break into the industry and be as humble and brilliantly chic as you. Anything is possible and you have helped me realize it.
Balance is important (as I am learning that being a student, in a serious relationship, and working to complete my goals is not easy) but never forget your dreams and your ambitions. Do what you love for as long as you can Chriselle. Your readers, your family and your friends will always support you. Thank you for being honest with your posts. You deserve what you have built. You have gone through many sacrifices and struggles to become successful and I wish nothing but the best for you this coming new year. May it be full of surprises :) God bless you. xoxo

Esmeralda G. ( December 31, 2013 at 12:30 AM )

Congats for this sucsesful year…
Happy New Year!!!

Inna ( December 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM )

Amazing journey, truly inspirational. Thank you for giving me hope.

Aeries ( December 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM )

Thank u for inspiring us to keep on growing! Happy New Year!

Eva ( December 30, 2013 at 11:37 PM )

I totally agree with you and yes it’s absolutely true that we sometimes need just time for ourselves sometimes and not to be selfish… I loved this post it’s really inspiring! ❤️❤️❤️

Fatma ( December 30, 2013 at 11:15 PM )

I’v been following you since your first video and I think you are amazing. You inspire me to dress good every day. It’s nice to read a more personel post of you. Please keep doing what you love! Happy new year❤

Marieke ( December 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM )

Chris, so incredibly proud of you and your journey!!! We all have our struggles and it is nice to hear how you’ve overcome yours and how you’re continuing to seek balance everyday. You’ve come a long way and am so happy for you! 2014 will be amazing! Xx

sunina ( December 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM )

“bore you to sleep”??

Not at all!
I’m jotting down my personal goals for 2014, and I realize how much of it is informed by the “ups and downs” of this year, and perhaps those “downs” are catalysts for growth.

Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to growing more~

Esther W ( December 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM )

Your story is so inspiring and I hope you’ll have a wonderful year! Happy new year :)

Michelle ( December 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM )

So many beautiful photos, Stories, projects and travels!
I love the photo of you & your husband, you can see the love in this photo :)
About the work/life balance, I’m at university and also haven’t figured it out. It is actually quite funny that you bring this up; I wrote a post about the work/play balance yesterday :)
I wish you an equally as amazing 2014 as 2013 was!
xoxo Lyn

Lyn ( December 30, 2013 at 10:24 PM )

Chriselle,
It’s always a good idea to reflect back on ones accomplishments and pains as you call them; a great post.
Like you, I am a newlywed and I have been struggling with similar balancing issues. I am a full-time teacher at college level and I am also writing my postgraduate thesis. Getting married and moving into a new flat with someone can be very overwhelming on its own, let alone trying to balance it all and work. I believe it’s good to pause, just as you have here, and reflect on things. I find that this helps put things in order, and you can try to adjust your scale if it’s tipping one way or the other. Finding the right balance is difficult but trying nonetheless makes all the difference; even your spouse realizes and appreciates your efforts.
Also like you, I haven’t had the chance to go on a honeymoon yet. I was feeling a little down about it, like it wouldn’t be as magical if I don’t go right after the wedding. But reading that you have managed to go on your honeymoon a year into your marriage and seeing that you can actually have an awesome time reassures me. It’s what you make out of the experience that counts.
Thanks again for your post,
Fajr

Fajr Bastaki ( December 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM )

Thank you so much for sharing! It’s been quite a year and I can’t wait to see what 2014 brings us.
Happy New Year!!
xx,
Kristi

Kristi ( December 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM )

Wow, really great photos! You had a great year!

Chelsea Leigh ( December 30, 2013 at 9:28 PM )

You’re such an inspiration Chriselle. I am IN LOVE with your style and admire what you and the team do. I’ll proudly admit, your Instagram especially gives me so much inspiration when it comes to choosing what to wear and outfits, don’t stop what you do hunny. God bless and I wish you and Allen a very beautiful 2014.

Niken ( December 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM )

Thank you for sharing what motivated you this year Chriselle. I will strive to do better in 2014 as well.

Love,
Sheyla

Sheyla G ( December 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM )

The post wasn’t long at all! At least it didn’t feel long at all.
As your followers, I think it’s wonderful that we can see you grow and change just as you can yourself.
It’s almost like we can share the moment with you.
Don’t ever stop, and congrats on all that you have accomplished!
You really are an inspiration! :)

x Kathy

Kathy ( December 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM )

Chriselle,
I’ve been watching your videos since your debut with Michelle Phan and with each new video, you never cease to bring amazement because I can really see the hard work that you put into each and every single one. I’ve always wondered what it would be like between you and your husband since you travel and work so much. I’ve been wondering how to balance a married life with work once I get married. As a costume designer, I’m sure the future is only going to get harder to manage work and personal life. Anyway, thank you for sharing your struggles because it’s a good reminder that life is tough, but we gotta make the best of it. I wish you a even more fruitful new year!
Maggie

Maggie ( December 30, 2013 at 8:24 PM )

This is a beautiful post Chriselle. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and other bloggers who dream of being a full-time blogger. Looking forward to what you do next year!

Laura ( December 30, 2013 at 8:19 PM )

Oh goodness, such a wonderful post. I love that you really opened up! You did incredible things this year, and I am looking forward to seeing what else you do! As well as those creative videos your soul needs! We all love YOU so if it is something you truly want to do, there is no doubt your readers will love it.

Juliette Laura ( December 30, 2013 at 8:16 PM )

Chriselle this was an amazing and inspiring post! To see all that you have accomplished this year and continuing to push yourself motivates me to do the same with my blog and personal life goals. Keep it up but also take the time out for yourself. There is nothing better or more inspirational than a blogger that is not only true to her readers, but more importantly true to herself. I will wish you all the happiness and prosperity for the new year!

Loves,
Tamaraxo
On Pink Shores – http://www.tmaraxo.com

Tamara ( December 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM )

You are truly self motivated and it shows! That drive will take you anywhere you want to go :)

Colour Me Classic

haley ( December 30, 2013 at 8:05 PM )

You are an amazing women Chis! you inspired me to try my secret dream of beauty blogging, I let the fear always stop me. Sigh… but this year will be when I go for it. Thank you for sharing your life, moments, and hardships with the world, it’s scary to open up like that. But we love you and Thank you right back! Keep it up! I can’t wait to see what the new year brings for us all :)

Nassira ( December 30, 2013 at 8:02 PM )

I agree with some of the others, it was an easy read :) So heartfelt, and I really appreciate you sharing your vulnerable side with work/life balance. It’s something many of us women face today, I definitely do, with my vigorous full-time work, blogging side hobby, and the Hubby. We both have the key thing to make the balance successful–having a supportive hubby! :) I absolutely love the quote that you included from Nelson Mandela. I’m pinning it as one of my favorite quotes to remember by! Thanks for your honesty and your inspiration! Can’t wait to read/see more of your growth this coming year!

xoxo,
Suzie Q

Suzie Q ( December 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM )

Thanks Chriselle for sharing your deepest thoughts! I feel you on finding balance with work! Its going to be tough at first but eventually you will be able to find the true balance! Hope 2014 will bring you more growth and a bright future ahead! Congrats on all ur success!

H.A.F. Addict by Laurina W ( December 30, 2013 at 7:35 PM )

Hi Chriselle,
Your story really inspired me! Anything is possible and I hope to be in your shoes someday. My career goal is to be as successful as you in fashion and have a very successful Haute Couture line. Thank you so much for this post! It really proves that I can do anything if I put in hard work :)

Jordyn ( December 30, 2013 at 7:12 PM )

Just wanted to let you know that your blog has been an inspiration to me this past year. I had spent too much of the past few years “out of balance”. Focused on work and family, I had precious little time to focus on myself. I looked in the mirror and wondered where I had gone. I decided it was time to find a more rested and stylish me again and your blog definitely helped. I look forward to continuing the journey in 2014. God bless and Happy New Year!

Ria ( December 30, 2013 at 7:10 PM )

thanks for sharing your heartfelt reflections on how far you’ve come and how far you have to go. it took a lot of bravery and time to be this transparent with your readers. you clearly work hard for everything you want in life and I respect that – happy new year, Chriselle!

Angie ( December 30, 2013 at 7:04 PM )

You are my inspiration Chriselle! Wish you an even better 2014 !

Vrushali ( December 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM )

Hi Chriselle,
I’m 16 and I really admire all that you’ve achieved. I can relate to being overextended. At the moment my schedule is very crazy. On a typical monday, I wake up at 4:30 for figure skating, get off school at 2, have dance rehearsals until 5, then physical therapy or chiropractic, math tutoring until 8, dinner at 8:30, then homework till around 12:30 or later. I hope to enter the fashion world also and earn a law degree in college. Reading your blog post was very inspiring and while I usually don’t comment, I can totally relate. I think all that you’ve accomplished is amazing,especially running the half-marathon! Could you maybe do an advice post on how to get started in the industry (school, internships, etc.)? I realize there are lots of resources but I feel that the globalization of fashion has really saturated the industry and that there are less and less entry points into fashion. If you actually read all this then thank you! I wish you all the best in 2014.
-Rachel

rachel ( December 30, 2013 at 7:00 PM )

It was an easy read Chriselle, and I’m adding it to my Bookmarks for when I’m in a slump and need a pick-me-up. I loved that you measure your year by growth, which is something I have always done. People base a year on whether it was filled with good or bad events and experiences, but I believe it is both of these things that make a year (and make you!).

At the beginning of this year, I really had no idea what I was doing with my life, after graduating with an advertising degree at the top of my class and pursuing a full time job, which ended up making me completely depressed, unhappy and uncertain. Yet here I stand at the end of 2013, knowing exactly what I want to do and how I can make it happen. It’s a great feeling.

I wish you all the best in 2014, with plenty of highs (and lows).

http://www.lioninthewild.com <3

Kiara King ( December 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM )

Hi chriselle! You inspired me in so many ways especially when planning my sisters bridal shower! You have grown so much in one year and that I can admire. Your work ethics are so inspiring for women and I hope to be as much of a hard worker as you are when I am done with my engineering degree. Thank you! And I wish you the best in all your endeavors! Congrats!!

-xo karla

karla castro ( December 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM )

Each year just passes by so quickly as we reach towards the end of the year, but thinking back, there were many obstacles that we had to get through in order to stand where we are now. Starting a blog was my best decision this year, and I totally understand that it’s so hard to find that perfect balance, (I have a full time), and especially now you’re married, but I’m sure Allen will give you all the love and support you need to work looonnnggg hours, right? ;) Thank you so much for sharing your 2013, wishing you all the best in the coming 2014 :D xoxo

Tsangtastic by Jenny Tsang ( December 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM )

thank you chriselle, you are beautiful in and out, thank you for sharing your journey, you are an amazing woman, it is not easy to put yourself out there. You have done so well.
have a fabulous year ahead

biba ( December 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM )

Completely and thoroughly enjoyed this blog post, Chriselle! I appreciate your boldness and honesty because it does take courage to admit these things. You are a rockstar because inspire people like me. Keep going! XO

Huong ( December 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM )

I read the entire text and I admire your courage to expose such intimate thoughts. This proofs that you are a real person with feelings that also struggles. Many people think that successful people were born with everything or that it was just good luck or timing. You have reached so high because you worked hard for it and you don’t take it for granted. Thank you for sharing your growth story and wish you a happy new year!

Suzana Su ( December 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM )

Continue working hard and loved the quote x

You are the inspiration!

Good luck for your upcoming future.

Marina Tamang ( December 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM )

Thanks for sharing your growths. I wish you the best in the new year!

Kim ( December 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM )

chriselle, i love keeping up with your updates and just looking at your pictures for style inspiration. but this post provides for something much deeper and i love it. you’ve provided soul inspiration, which is kind of what i need at the moment, especially at a point in my life where i feel like my goals are so out of reach. thank you for sharing from your heart and God bless your new year. to bigger and better things.

francesca ( December 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM )

this was an inspiring post, thank you x

layoung ( December 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM )

What interesting year and fun year!! I wish you even better this new year.
xo
Carelia

“Blue Pumps” new post on:
Mysmallwardrobe.com

Carelia ( December 30, 2013 at 6:07 PM )

Wishing you continued success in the next year! All these photos are just incredible!

NEW POST:: NEW YEAR’s EVE

xoxo

Eye Like Fashion ( December 30, 2013 at 6:03 PM )

pagetop