Beauty, Collaborations

Morning Routine

I would be lying if I told you that I was naturally a “morning person”, but thru out the years i’ve learned to look forward to this time of day. I’ve always been a bit more creative and free spirited  with life, which induced  me to have the “I’ll do it when I feel like it” syndrome. Now having a business to run, I like to say that i’ve adopted a bit more structure into my life, which by default altered my morning routine.  After one too many times of  hastily rushing out of the house, i’ve adopted a routine that insures me in having a great day.

TIP 1- Plan your outfit in advance.  This tip not only buys you extra time during the mornings, but it also insures you in having  a great outfit for the day.

Mornings are a sacred time for me to reflect on goals, and prepare for the day. I consistently do this over a cup of  Americano coffee (no sugar & no milk). It’s integral to mentally put myself in a positive place, and to have an attitude of gratitude before the day starts.

TIP 2- Set 10 minutes aside for some “YOU” time.

I find comfort in minimalism & simplicity especially when it comes to my daily makeup routine.  Think fresh, lightweight, and dewy. Easily usable & applicable are vital qualities when it comes to make up , as I prefer to spend only 10 minutes or less on my makeup.

TIP 3- Have a simple & easy makeup routine

Ever since I discovered Physicians Formula, i’ve been devoted to their products. My absolute favorites are from the Super BB collection. The most appealing part?  It’s an All-In-1  Beauty Balm, it soothes,moisturizes, protects, firms, fills, primes, conceals, and brightens. Talk about having a 10 step beauty routine in one bottle!

TIP 4-  Find a product that has multiple steps in 1 bottle

As I get older and busier my dark circles have significantly gotten worse. Similar to the BB Cream, this  all-In-1 Concealer not only diminishes my morning puffiness and dark circles, but also brightens my eyes. This is my secret in looking “awake” even on those sluggish mornings.

The Super BB Collection also includes the All-In-1 beauty powder . I usually stay away from powders during the day since I prefer dewy & glowy skin, but this BB powder is extremely weightless and acts as a protective veil from moisture loss so the skin is left smooth, glowy, and flawless. I find myself spending the most time perfecting my skin more than anything else.

Although I love my red lips, there are days when I like to have more of a “natural” look (as seen HERE). On those days I usually stick to either lip tints or lip gloss. I’ve been using the Physician’s Formula  pH Matchmaker lip gloss which is Fluorescein based , and depending on the pH level of your skin the color adjusts within 60 seconds to create your perfect lip color. It also has a LED-powered compact that lights up with a full-size mirror, perfect for last minute morning touch ups!

I’m a fond believer in the saying “How you start something is how you will finish it “. Although I cant insure that everything will go perfectly throughout the day, at least I can always count on my mornings! After all mornings are when we waken from our dreams, to make them into a reality.

Photography by Calvin Lim

• Oksana says:

You are so pretty naturally! And those pictures are sooo sweet!

Have a nice weekend!
    ♥ Oksana {new post >> autumn makeup tutorial}

• Love all the pics and your suggestions!

• Suevia says:

So lovely and graceful!! <3

• Claire says:

I always love your blog photos! Great tips on morning routine as I’m always rushing out the door with the fear of being late. Tip 2 is what I will take from this post, and maybe trying some of those featured makeup! :)

• Claire says:

I always love your blog photos! And these are great morning routine tips as I’m always rushing out the door with the fear of being late. Tip 2 is what I will take from this post, and maybe trying some of those Physicians formula products! :)

• Elise says:

These photos are so impossibly dreamy and ethereal. You look like an angel! I guess the rest of us mere mortals are stuck looking less-than-heavenly in the morning 😉

I also might have to pick up a tube of that lip gloss, it’s gorgeous.

• Aney says:

Love this post Chriselle! I can’t agree with you more about keeping a simple, natural routine. You look very graceful and beautiful in these posts which makes waking up in the mornings look easy!

P.S. I think this is a great Sponsored post – a lot of people disagree with sponsored posts, but you made it very captivating. The selected products and tips are truly a reflection of you so you definitely maintained the authenticity aspect. Keep up the great work!

• Marion says:

This seems like advertizing and therefor less genuine

• Gabrielle says:

Is this a sponsored post?

• These are such gorgeous pictures.
    Beautiful white bedroom!

NEW POST:: Free Spirit

• bb says:

looks like a sponsored post by physicians formula?

• Dilek says:

The interesting thing is that when I plan my outfit the night before, either the weather or my mood always changes in the morning and ruins my previously picked out outfit. So, again, I find myself standing in front of my wardrobe, desperately trying to figure a new outfit out.

P.S. You look very pretty in these photos. ^^

• Inna says:

Beautiful post and excellent foto

• Nikki says:

Love your style

• Bernard says:

Very nice pictures and very beautyfull. Wana correspond with you. thanks

• Marija says:

I’m so not a morning person, I’m so lazy in the morning, I wish I could have such a graceful and relaxed morning like you ! XO

• Fashion Snag says:

I am not a morning person either. This has inspired me to get more structure in my morning routine.

• Damn your mornings look glamorous. There’s some great tips here though.

The Fashann Monster

• Clara says:

Nice post Chriselle! I must find some nice foundation cream… I’m really needing that, is the one you are using moisture with color?

• you look gorgeous!

xoxo from rome

• Ros says:

You make mornings look so graceful and elegant! Wish my mornings were like that :) I’ve got to sleep earlier and wake up earlier to do all these things I guess. Habits are so hard to break sadly ^^!

I love how you look so fashionable even while sleeping! <3