Morning Routine

cover_chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_2

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_17

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_5

I would be lying if I told you that I was naturally a “morning person”, but thru out the years i’ve learned to look forward to this time of day. I’ve always been a bit more creative and free spirited  with life, which induced  me to have the “I’ll do it when I feel like it” syndrome. Now having a business to run, I like to say that i’ve adopted a bit more structure into my life, which by default altered my morning routine.  After one too many times of  hastily rushing out of the house, i’ve adopted a routine that insures me in having a great day.

TIP 1- Plan your outfit in advance.  This tip not only buys you extra time during the mornings, but it also insures you in having  a great outfit for the day.

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_18

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_22

Mornings are a sacred time for me to reflect on goals, and prepare for the day. I consistently do this over a cup of  Americano coffee (no sugar & no milk). It’s integral to mentally put myself in a positive place, and to have an attitude of gratitude before the day starts.

TIP 2- Set 10 minutes aside for some “YOU” time.

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_15

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_14

I find comfort in minimalism & simplicity especially when it comes to my daily makeup routine.  Think fresh, lightweight, and dewy. Easily usable & applicable are vital qualities when it comes to make up , as I prefer to spend only 10 minutes or less on my makeup.

TIP 3- Have a simple & easy makeup routine

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_10

Ever since I discovered Physicians Formula, i’ve been devoted to their products. My absolute favorites are from the Super BB collection. The most appealing part?  It’s an All-In-1  Beauty Balm, it soothes,moisturizes, protects, firms, fills, primes, conceals, and brightens. Talk about having a 10 step beauty routine in one bottle!

TIP 4-  Find a product that has multiple steps in 1 bottle

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_8

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_6

As I get older and busier my dark circles have significantly gotten worse. Similar to the BB Cream, this  all-In-1 Concealer not only diminishes my morning puffiness and dark circles, but also brightens my eyes. This is my secret in looking “awake” even on those sluggish mornings.

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_7

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_12

The Super BB Collection also includes the All-In-1 beauty powder . I usually stay away from powders during the day since I prefer dewy & glowy skin, but this BB powder is extremely weightless and acts as a protective veil from moisture loss so the skin is left smooth, glowy, and flawless. I find myself spending the most time perfecting my skin more than anything else.

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_3

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_11

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_4

Although I love my red lips, there are days when I like to have more of a “natural” look (as seen HERE). On those days I usually stick to either lip tints or lip gloss. I’ve been using the Physician’s Formula  pH Matchmaker lip gloss which is Fluorescein based , and depending on the pH level of your skin the color adjusts within 60 seconds to create your perfect lip color. It also has a LED-powered compact that lights up with a full-size mirror, perfect for last minute morning touch ups!

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_1

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_24

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_2

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_25

chriselle_lim_physicians_formula_beauty_routine_13

I’m a fond believer in the saying “How you start something is how you will finish it “. Although I cant insure that everything will go perfectly throughout the day, at least I can always count on my mornings! After all mornings are when we waken from our dreams, to make them into a reality.

chrisellesig

Photography by Calvin Lim

• Oksana says:

You are so pretty naturally! And those pictures are sooo sweet!

Have a nice weekend!
    ♥ Oksana
    http://www.makeupbyoksana.blogspot.com {new post >> autumn makeup tutorial}

• Love all the pics and your suggestions!

Federica

• Suevia says:

So lovely and graceful!! <3

• Claire says:

I always love your blog photos! Great tips on morning routine as I’m always rushing out the door with the fear of being late. Tip 2 is what I will take from this post, and maybe trying some of those featured makeup! :)

• Claire says:

I always love your blog photos! And these are great morning routine tips as I’m always rushing out the door with the fear of being late. Tip 2 is what I will take from this post, and maybe trying some of those Physicians formula products! :)

• Elise says:

These photos are so impossibly dreamy and ethereal. You look like an angel! I guess the rest of us mere mortals are stuck looking less-than-heavenly in the morning ;)

I also might have to pick up a tube of that lip gloss, it’s gorgeous.

Xo,

Elise

• Aney says:

Love this post Chriselle! I can’t agree with you more about keeping a simple, natural routine. You look very graceful and beautiful in these posts which makes waking up in the mornings look easy!

P.S. I think this is a great Sponsored post – a lot of people disagree with sponsored posts, but you made it very captivating. The selected products and tips are truly a reflection of you so you definitely maintained the authenticity aspect. Keep up the great work!

• Marion says:

This seems like advertizing and therefor less genuine

• Gabrielle says:

Is this a sponsored post?

• These are such gorgeous pictures.
    Beautiful white bedroom!

NEW POST:: Free Spirit

• bb says:

looks like a sponsored post by physicians formula?

• Dilek says:

The interesting thing is that when I plan my outfit the night before, either the weather or my mood always changes in the morning and ruins my previously picked out outfit. So, again, I find myself standing in front of my wardrobe, desperately trying to figure a new outfit out.

P.S. You look very pretty in these photos. ^^

• Inna says:

Beautiful post and excellent foto

• Nikki says:

Love your style

• Bernard says:

Very nice pictures and very beautyfull. Wana correspond with you. thanks
    Benard

• Marija says:

I’m so not a morning person, I’m so lazy in the morning, I wish I could have such a graceful and relaxed morning like you ! XO

• Fashion Snag says:

I am not a morning person either. This has inspired me to get more structure in my morning routine.

• Damn your mornings look glamorous. There’s some great tips here though.

The Fashann Monster

• Clara says:

Nice post Chriselle! I must find some nice foundation cream… I’m really needing that, is the one you are using moisture with color?

• you look gorgeous!

xoxo from rome
    K.
    kcomekarolina.com

• Ros says:

You make mornings look so graceful and elegant! Wish my mornings were like that :) I’ve got to sleep earlier and wake up earlier to do all these things I guess. Habits are so hard to break sadly ^^!

I love how you look so fashionable even while sleeping! <3