Chriselle Inc., Fashion, My Picks, Top Picks

Fall Coats

rear-window-fashion3rear-window-fashion4

rear-window-fashion6

rear-window-fashion1

rear-window-fashion8

Photo Via Fashion Gone Rouge

With fall and winter upon us it’s easy to just throw on any coat to stay warm, but staying warm and chic is another story. With some simple and chic tips, we can all get through these seasons!

I love layering up, but I also love staying true to my mood, style, and body type. Because of my slim build, I tend to steer towards tailored and structured coats that also have a belt in order to highlight my waist. A coat like this and a fitted dress would make the perfect balance and not weigh my figure down.

Those with fuller figures look best in coats with a fitted cut to give a slimmer appearance. Longer coats with thinner materials work well to draw attention away from areas you might want to hide. Add a great pair of boots to an amazing fall coat and you’re set for the fall and winter!

Girls with athletic builds can still look sporty, and at the same time feminine and chic in coats with details such as pockets, ruffles or buttons like this. A layer-friendly sweater can be easily paired to a coat like this for a stylish and sophisticated combo.

For those ladies with hour-glass figures, you can show off those curves with feminine, belted, and soft-fitting coats. Belts highlight your waistline and allow you to not hide your feminine silhouette!

Lastly, (but of course not least!) it’s tricky to choose a coat that doesn’t overpower a small and petite figure. Coats that are similar to your size will best accentuate your frame. Make sure your coat doesn’t fall longer than your knees — stick to shorter coats! Stay away from bulkier and dramatic pieces that would overwhelm your appearance. You could even pair a tailored and fitted coat with a chic sweater and great pair of boots to complete your look. I hope that these tips are helpful and keep you warm this fall!

Coats collage

|1.Saks Fifth Ave Leather Sleeved Trench coat|2.ASOS Liquorish Flared Coat|3.Burberry Wool fitted Duffle Coat|4. London Fog Trench Coat|5. Calvin Klein Military Coat|

• […] crisper. If you haven’t already, it’s time to start thinking about a new fall coat. Thechrisellefactor.com has compiled some of their favorites. Click the photo below to see them […]

• Erica says:

I have an obsession with coats/jackets. I have so many because they are my favorite piece of clothing :)

simplyonelove.com

• Mady T. says:

i like your suggestions! can’t wait to see your take on the trends…

xoxo
    Mady

thegirlfromthemirror.blogspot.com

• Awesome collection of coats – the Monochrome look is stunning. Nice post!
    FF

• Ros says:

I loveee the red one (#3)! Speaking of red jackets, I also love the maroon leather jacket you have as well (I watch your youtube videos ^^) I’ve been searching for one like that but no luck for me! I noticed that a lot of leather jackets nowadays are cropped, which I don’t really like because I don’t like the cold air hitting me where my jacket’s not covering haha.. *sigh* still on the hunt for the perfect one :) plus a similar #3 now too!

• Monique says:

Great tips in this post! I just recently did a post on trench coats for fall 2013. I really love the trench coats with contrasting sleeves this season, like the Saks Fifth Ave one above. Awesome round-up!

• I have two items that I absolutely love here, the pink skirt and that leather moto sleeved trench coat, great post ;))

New Post – Pleats And Knee-High

• Marija says:

They are so elegant and timeless! Thank for the tips!

• TERESA says:

Great tips on the different coats for different body types. I love bulkier and dramatic pieces with structured shoulders but they don’t do my short and fuller frame any favors!

CHECK OUT MY NEW POST http://sapphire-brushstrokes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/endless-autumn-days.html

• Giulia says:

Thanks for this tips, you’re always the best! Love that red montgomery!
    Have a nice day!
    xoxo

• Danijela says:

A trench is the perfect fall coat for me. It is totally worth investing in a classic piece cause you can wear it forever.

xo