Outfit Of The Day, Outfits

The Finale

cover_Finders_keepers_chriselle_lim_dress_bryant_pak_new_york_fashion_week_NYFW_SS14_chanel_boy_python_bag_gianvito_rossi_metallic_pump_1

Finders_keepers_chriselle_lim_dress_bryant_pak_new_york_fashion_week_NYFW_SS14_chanel_boy_python_bag_gianvito_rossi_metallic_pump_3Finders_keepers_chriselle_lim_dress_bryant_pak_new_york_fashion_week_NYFW_SS14_chanel_boy_python_bag_gianvito_rossi_metallic_pump_6Finders_keepers_chriselle_lim_dress_bryant_pak_new_york_fashion_week_NYFW_SS14_chanel_boy_python_bag_gianvito_rossi_metallic_pump_5

Finders_keepers_chriselle_lim_dress_bryant_pak_new_york_fashion_week_NYFW_SS14_chanel_boy_python_bag_gianvito_rossi_metallic_pump_7

Finders_keepers_chriselle_lim_dress_bryant_pak_new_york_fashion_week_NYFW_SS14_chanel_boy_python_bag_gianvito_rossi_metallic_pump_4

Photography by Esther Jung

As glamorous as fashion week may seem, it is equally as draining. Usually by the 3rd or 4th day the fuel in the tank starts running quite low, so you can only imagine how it feels by the 7th straight day of  no sleep. The night before my last  day in NY, I was sitting in front of my closet, at The Royalton hotel, not having a clue what to wear to the Ralph Lauren show. There’s absolutely nothing more frustrating than attempting to style a look  when all you really want to do is cuddle up in bed & sleep.  I knew I wanted to wear this voluminous skirt, but finding the perfect pairing seemed impossible with my limited wardrobe that I brought to NY (this is why I NEVER travel light as seen HERE). My options were limited, and decided to move on to the only dress I hadn’t worn yet, but came to the conclusion that a mini backless dress was too casual to wear to a fabulous Ralph lauren show. It was then I realized I found my perfect pairing! I layered my voluminous skirt over this risque backless dress which ended up being my NYFW finale look.

I’ve always been drawn to voluminous pieces, especially skirts, but I find that they are not the easiest to work with. The key in pulling off  a voluminous circle skirt, such as this one HERE, HERE, & HERE, is to keep the top slim & fitted.

So i guess the moral of the story is don’t give up on something (or someone) that you love so much, in my case this grey skirt, think outside of the box until you find the perfect match!

chrisellesig

GET THE LOOK

SKIRT- similar one HEREHERE & HERE

DRESS (worn as a top) – Finders Keepers (Similar one HERE & HERE)

SHOES- Gianvito Rossi

Sunglasses- Celine (similar one HERE & HERE )

Rings- *Rue GemBon

Purse- Chanel (in RED)

SHOP THE LOOK

• Maggie says:

Your outfits are getting more and more amazing! I love how you styled the skirt with layering it over a dress. I sometimes do that too. It really helps!

I just finished a sketch of you for this outfit! Not sure if you would get it through instagram as there are thousands of people tagging you all the time. I guess you can check @clothestomidnight

Love you Chriselle! Keep up the amazing videos and outfits!

• Milka says:

So feminine and sophisticated! Love your style Chriselle, you are so nice and inspiring!

• Julia says:

I have been in the same place so many times. It is frustrating trying to style an outfit and you just don’t get any miracle inspiration. But what is more sad -and maybe more frustrating- is that you say you don’t travel light though you published a video on how to travel light is good and easy when you match the right clothes.

Anyways, I’m just looking at your blog and your videos and I like them. Just try to be more consistent with what you say and do.

• Sonia says:

Beautiful skirt…and those shoes! Stunning!

• Thefashiongals says:

The skirt is lovely!!!!… Perfect photos!!

• Leticia says:

love the texture of the skirt. It keeps the volume even when your are just standing there.

• Tra Mi says:

The back of this dress is beautifully made.

• Virginia says:

Sorry but for me looks like the skirt is too big for you and the top (mini dress) is like a swimsuit :(

• I love the ending of your post! you are so sweet<3
    I have the same problems in the morning, trying to style up a piece that i really want to wear..but everytime i m stubborn about a piece of clothing, i just can t seem to find anything to match it with. But i will definitely follow ur advice from now on <3
    Love this outfit and your fabulous blog
    Kisses,
    Simona

• diana says:

Absolutely love the skirt!!

xoxo, Diana

• Victor says:

Please upload the first look of the first day, the one with the lace dress and thigh high boots <3

• Naaj Rona says:

I guess that’s the beauty of it and worth the sleepless nights. Outfit such as this beautiful skirt makes us think outside of the box and that’s when the magic happens and you tend to find a pairing that you would’ve never thought of putting together.

The skirt is such a statement piece and looks amazingly beautiful on you Chriselle.

• The dress is so fun and fluffy! Great contrast with the hugging top, love that the neckline is high 😉

New Post – Bright Light Choices

• Monique says:

I love the colors in this outfit, and I really like the circle skirt. I think it’s really flattering to all body types. Great outfit!
    The Flair Society

• Oksana says:

Amazing pictures!

♥ Oksana
    http://www.makeupbyoksana.blogspot.com ♥ New post!

• Beautiful outfit and photo!

headenough.blogspot.co.uk

• Valeria says:

Lovely outfit!!! and the photos are gorgeous!! what a magical place!

Kisses
    Val

• Amy says:

This is really beautiful! I have an incredibly nice skirt, very similar to what you’re wearing (very voluminous and I always have a hard time trying to style it because anything I pair it with makes me look chunky and BIG.

Thanks so much for the style tip!